Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
As that is the issue at hand, which in your last post you seemed to be inferring

Not inferring, but rhetorically making the issue relevant to you. I don't care what other people do naked. I don't care if they live together and marry. Its not my call. They answer to their Lord, as I do to mine.

If you respond, "But, the scriptures?" we can go around all day with that. They're not as helpful in this instance as one might wish, nuance and all. What is clear is that I'm to love others regardless of whatever. And that's what I'm focused on. I'm not focused on anyone's sin or non-sin, but them. Or, trying. :)

Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No one is condemning anyone here, but calling sinful acts sin will have people calling you a bigot.

So avoid this, you can speak about the sin that is in you....Tell everyone the sin you do and how sinful they are in God's eye. Grant it, this is not as easy as pointing at the sin in others.......but I dont think you would be call any names.

Even in Canada, it's against the law to buy ads with Biblical Passages which condemn sinful acts, not just homosexuality. Such ads are called hate speech.

Good for Canada. What would you think about those in Islam, taking out ads exclaiming Jesus was only a prophet? If Canada banned them from doing so, would you think they were righteous....or would you advocate for the freedom of Muslims to print anything they desired as well?

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ain't life sweet. But why overpay for a few chemical in a fancy package. Real food is far cheaper in the long run. A few veggies, a bit of real fruit and cheap non-processed meat is not much of a financial burden, providing one is not too lazy too prepare it. Maybe there is an app for that lol
I alway thought the good stuff was more expensive......which is why the sugar is the poor man's diet. Maybe i have to check again.....I remember organic whole foods costing more.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟185,132.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
So avoid this, you can speak about the sin that is in you....Tell everyone the sin you do and how sinful they are in God's eye. Grant it, this is not as easy as pointing at the sin in others.......but I dont think you would be call any names.

Good for Canada. What would you think about those in Islam, taking out ads exclaiming Jesus was only a prophet? If Canada banned them from doing so, would you think they were righteous....or would you advocate for the freedom of Muslims to print anything they desired as well?

So remain silent about what sin is ?

It's understandable why the world is in such a mess.

BTW, such sin as same sex marriage, abortion and whatever, are being forced onto society. Christians are part of society and reacting as they should

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟622,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
How come no protests over Sodom and Gomorrah ? People seem to like to claim the past as their own these days.

Those who commit sodomy today seem to be seeking reparations for the destruction of Sodom. The inhabitants of Gomorrah are under-represented.

• Haha
Reactions: timothyu
Upvote 0

East of Eden

Feb 20, 2021
Albuquerque
✟29,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
What are you writing about? The LGBQT+ community has not declared ad hominem war against those who believe in God's Holy Word. Many Christians have ignored Jesus' command to love your neighbor and attacked the LGBTQ community. In case you've forgotten John 3:16 says that God loved the world, i.e., everyone, without exception.

Wow, you're leaving out a lot, it says WHOSOVER BELIEVETH IN HIM, will be saved.

Abortion and sodomy are abominations that God will punish sin due course.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟303,917.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It's not about Christian love, it's about power and control.
As is taught by the nation... which shows they are not teaching separation between God's Kingdom and the state/world of man.

• Agree
Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

East of Eden

Feb 20, 2021
Albuquerque
✟29,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Seems there are a multitude of perspectives represented within the lifestyle, yet their common denominator seems to be "we're born that way" and "culture changes" therefore we are as normal as the next "pronoun."

While it is true that cultures change over time, that is no license to re-write God's law to man. Neither God nor His word changes. God demands we repent our sins and turn to Christ Jesus for salvation, or face His wrath.

Ask any stead-fast gay-activist to offer proof that they were born gay. What's next? Bi-sexual's demanding 3-way marriages in order to satisfy their lustful desires to be happy... There's no end to the wicked nature of the world.

When you take God out of the picture, there is no end to what's next, all you have left is personal preference.

• Agree
Reactions: Aabbie James
Upvote 0

East of Eden

Feb 20, 2021
Albuquerque
✟29,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The ad hominem attacks are a key element of the gay-activist playbook against anyone, especially true Christians, who believe God's Word and obey His commandments. Look no further than the indoctrination being thrusted upon generations of our children, conditioning them to either accept the LGBTQ+ lifestyle or become tagged racist homophobes.

A tactic of the Left in general, it is their effort to shut down debate.

As Solzenhitzen said, "Let the lie come, but not through me."

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

East of Eden

Feb 20, 2021
Albuquerque
✟29,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
What will I do? Probably what I have been doing all along... Treating others with kindness and compassion, praying for them if they want, hoping they pray for me if they want, and then going about my life ensuring that I foster inclusion, representation, diversity, and work to amplify to those who need amplifying... All while understanding that God is omnipotent and ever-present and all-powerful and likely doesn’t need me to condemn or reward people in his name as he very, very likely has his business handled and doesn’t need me to do the job for him.

You're dodging the OP question, are you going to stand up for God's work or came in to the revisionists?

We are God's hands.

Upvote 0

East of Eden

Feb 20, 2021
Albuquerque
✟29,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Yet, the Body of Christ in North Korea has expanded 10-fold since the 1990s. The Kim dynasty has tried for 70 years to wipe out Christianity and has failed. At this point, Kim Jong Un has abandoned attempts to destroy the Church (at least for the present) and is attempting to co-opt it by creating a government-controlled North Korean Orthodox Church."

Same in China, at the time of the 1949 Revolution there were 1,000,000 Christians there, today there are 100,000,000, more than Communist Party members. Persecution could be a great thing for the US church.

Reactions: tryphena rose
Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
http%3A%2F%2Fcom.ft.imagepublish.prod.s3.amazonaws.com%2F9cd042a2-1f96-11e7-b7d3-163f5a7f229c

To a certain extent, we are all guilty of "recreating God in our own image" - conservative Christians, however, have deliberately aligned themselves with Donald J Trump whose words and actions are the very antithesis of everything they claim to believe!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tryphena rose

Daughter of the Most High
Jun 3, 2019
Idaho
✟46,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not inferring, but rhetorically making the issue relevant to you. I don't care what other people do naked. I don't care if they live together and marry. Its not my call. They answer to their Lord, as I do to mine.

If you respond, "But, the scriptures?" we can go around all day with that. They're not as helpful in this instance as one might wish, nuance and all. What is clear is that I'm to love others regardless of whatever. And that's what I'm focused on. I'm not focused on anyone's sin or non-sin, but them. Or, trying. :)
You can't change anyone by forcing the Bible upon them and that's not what I'm advocating here. I know this clearly as a former unbeliever who hated God and the Bible. But the point I'm trying to make is that we must tell people the truth because the truth will set them free. It's for their best interest to tell them the truth and shows we love them because we care for their eternal soul and not for temporary pleasures or feelings.

The scriptures are very clear on this issue, I really don't know how believers don't see it unless they are listening to a false teacher or are too sympathetic with this culture that currently glorifies sin in many of it's forms.

Depending on the instance, calling out one's sin can be very helpful in witnessing to that person. How can someone know they need a savior if they don't think they have anything they need to be saved from? You have to feel out the person your witnessing to, to see if that kind of a thing would help that person. And I'm not saying to condemn them, but again if someone is living their life lying to everyone they love, calling out a lie may just help to further convict them. Either way, getting them the gospel is the most important thing, even without going that far. Again, it may not be necessary but can be extremely useful which is why it shouldn't just be tossed aside and labelled as unloving to do so.

• Agree
Reactions: Aabbie James
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

East of Eden

Feb 20, 2021
Albuquerque
✟29,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
To a certain extent, we are all guilty of "recreating God in our own image" - conservative Christians, however, have deliberately aligned themselves with Donald J Trump whose words and actions are the very antithesis of everything they claim to believe!

No, the antithesis of what we believe is a pro-abortion, anti-religious liberty, pro-perversity POTUS. We weren't voting for pastor.

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟897,101.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Nobody is extolling the virtues of obesity today. And in some cases obesity has a genetic or disease component.

Extolling no, ignoring yes.

It is arguably the most overlooked sin in the West especially.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟622,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Few have done that. The majority wanted him in office because of his policies: Abortion, national security, border security, gun rights, etc.
Too many people seem to think agreeing with Trump's policies as president meant admiring his character and actions.

Upvote 0

East of Eden

Feb 20, 2021
Albuquerque
✟29,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Few have done that. The majority wanted him in office because of his policies: Abortion, national security, border security, gun rights, etc.
Too many people seem to think agreeing with Trump's policies as president meant admiring his character and actions.

Exactly, when I hire a plumber I care only if he knows what he's doing.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0