Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,892.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Right.. and whose fault is that that it got changed? The same that are willing to mindlessly accept whatever they are told to do in life when someone want to change the system. You are seeing it right now as some loon wants to instigate building back better.

So are you blaming the victim? That is a typical facet American Christianity: "It's your fault for being poor."

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,517.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
So are you blaming the victim?
No I am blaming the chain of past victims who continually allowed things to become worse. Society is being lost and freedoms given away simply because the people are agreeing to it. As a result the masses reap what they have allowed to be sown.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,892.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because maybe at some point that chain will wake up and stop shooting itself in the foot.

Of course it will not. It's the fallen world. If "at some point that chain will wake up and stop shooting itself in the foot," Jesus would not have to return.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,517.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
If "at some point that chain will wake up and stop shooting itself in the foot," Jesus would not have to return.
And I'm sure He would be quite happy to stay home because we weren't acting so stupid. Look at right now. People are happily giving away the last of their rights and freedoms with barely a thought. until one day they wake up and realize they gave it all away. Cue the wailing and gnashing of teeth. And they will have no one to blame but themselves, Serves them right, but of course we who flash the warning suffer also. lol. Ain't life a hoot?

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,892.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And I'm sure He would be quite happy to stay home because we weren't acting so stupid. Look at right now. People are happily giving away the last of their rights and freedoms with barely a thought. until one day they wake up and realize they gave it all away. Cue the wailing and gnashing of teeth. And they will have no one to blame but themselves, Serves them right, but of course we who flash the warning suffer also. lol. Ain't life a hoot?

So now they are poor and free. But there is no freedom in poverty. Finland looks pretty good.

Your point is absurd.

Jesus is coming...whether we are being stupid or smart is irrelevant to His plans. There are some countries that are quite comfortable...He's bringing those to an end as well.

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟194,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Nancy Armour at USA Today opines that "Bigotry comes with a price." In other words, if one is a Christian and Jesus Christ is their LORD, the LGBQT+ community has declared ad hominem war against those who believe in God's Holy Word. Speaking out in support of God's Word will cause the "Trans-sexual" community to label you as a bigot. Failing to publicly support anyone who calls themselves queer is tantamount to being labeled a racist.

Christ said if you follow Him you will be hated by the world.

What shall you do? Follow the world in order to fit in and not be labeled a bigot or a racist. Or, obey Jesus Christ who died for our sins, faithfully defend God's Word, and by His grace alone find eternal salvation in the presence of the LORD...

When the writer suggests that "legislators are willing to sacrifice all of it because of their own hate, ignorance and/or political calculation" perhaps she fails to consider that enough of the legislators are choosing "eternal glory" over hosting the approval of man, by hosting the "Final Four" in their city and state.

Opinion: NCAA must make states with anti-trans laws pay with loss of championships

What will I do? Probably what I have been doing all along... Treating others with kindness and compassion, praying for them if they want, hoping they pray for me if they want, and then going about my life ensuring that I foster inclusion, representation, diversity, and work to amplify to those who need amplifying... All while understanding that God is omnipotent and ever-present and all-powerful and likely doesn’t need me to condemn or reward people in his name as he very, very likely has his business handled and doesn’t need me to do the job for him.

Upvote 0

tryphena rose

Daughter of the Most High
Jun 3, 2019
Idaho
✟46,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Who said anything about negation? The Gospel tells of the good news.

Do you believe that you were saved because you stopped sinning?

We stop sinning because we are saved from it...... So why are you trying to getting people to stop sinning before they are saved?

Are we saved by the grace of God, or by our own abilities?

You are stoning with your language and disdain for those you believe are engaging in sins that you are immune to. Yet we say nothing about hate, envy or lustful thoughts....because those can touch us all.

Why would one, who has sin in them, tell another that what they are doing is sinful?

Let us remove the sin from ourselves first, and become perfect before we contemplate exposing the sins of others.....if we could desire such a thing afterwards.

Until them, Let us trust the word of the Lord saying, Let your light so shine before men........that they may see your good works....and glorify the Father....
I agree, yes we do stop sinning because we are saved by grace and by the convictions God places upon our hearts when we sin against Him. We are to turn away from sin and not walk according to the flesh as we once had before. We certainly are saved by grace, not by works lest any man should boast. But for the unbeliever to come to the conclusion that they are in need of a savior, takes recognizing that they have sinned against God and need to repent and draw to Him. Recognizing one's own sin is a big deal and should not just be swept under the rug in fear of hurting someone's feelings, which is what I see far too often. Oftentimes, the truth hurts. Most unbelievers don't want to acknowledge that there really is a Hell and people will be tormented there for eternity who do not receive Christ. It always sounds harsh and people hate the idea of it, but it doesn't make it any less true.

And that is where you are wrong my brother. I have no disdain in my heart for anyone. I'm a former atheist who hated God and did many wrong things against Him and made fun of Christians all the time. I am no better than anyone. And I would call out hate, envying, lustful thoughts, lying. I have called out self-proclaiming Christians for these things before. All sins are wrong in the eyes of God and as far as the scriptures state, blaspheming the Holy Spirit is the only unpardonable sin.

"Why would one, who has sin in them, tell another that what they are doing is sinful?" Did the apostles sin? Did those in the early church sin? Certainly they too were sinners saved by grace and covered by the precious blood of Christ. Even Paul said this to the Athenians in Acts 17:

"And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead."

What would these unsaved people need to repent for, if not for their own sin? Time and time again God sends out preachers of righteousness to witness to the lost; that those who walk in darkness will see the wrongs they have committed against the Living God. It's not about condemning them, as that is not our job. God will do the condemning. But it is our calling to tell those who are lost that they are in need of a savior in hopes that they will find salvation in Christ.

Upvote 0

Guinan

Dec 12, 2020
Texas
✟50,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What will I do? Probably what I have been doing all along... Treating others with kindness and compassion, praying for them if they want, hoping they pray for me if they want, and then going about my life ensuring that I foster inclusion, representation, diversity, and work to amplify to those who need amplifying... All while understanding that God is omnipotent and ever-present and all-powerful and likely doesn’t need me to condemn or reward people in his name as he very, very likely has his business handled and doesn’t need me to do the job for him.

I wish I could give your post more than just one Winner rating, Tropical Wilds. Amen! Well said.

Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,517.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Jesus is coming...whether we are being stupid or smart is irrelevant to His plans. There are some countries that are quite comfortable...He's bringing those to an end as well.
Well even He has to wait for permission.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,324.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Obesity as a result of over indulgence is definitely a sin and over indulgence is far and above the leading cause of obesity.

Over indulgence is the sin, so obesity as a result a visual and outward rebellion against God in the same way that practicing homosexuality is.
However, some people's bodies have higher metabolism than others and for longer in life - so it's not really so cut and dry. Some people are just pre-disposed to put on some more pounds because its in their genetics.

Being obsessed with a certain body image is a sin also akin to idolatry.

• Useful
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
However, some people's bodies have higher metabolism than others and for longer in life - so it's not really so cut and dry. Some people are just pre-disposed to put on some more pounds because its in their genetics.

Being obsessed with a certain body image is a sin also akin to idolatry.
and @High Fidelity

Ya'll are both right -- this is not an either/or exactly. Some are more innocently rotund, but some are in a different condition that isn't innocent. Some are even in a bad situation like this:
Ezekiel 16:49 Now this was the iniquity of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed, and complacent; they did not help the poor and needy.

But...when someone is in sin, that's only the normal (or basic) human condition, and the real (ultimate) answer isn't really physical...but instead is turning to Christ.

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟837,551.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It does get tiring having to constantly teach Christian posters the truth about what they mistakenly think the scriptures say concern this subject.
In regards to physical competition, it is legalized cheating for post-puberty male-to-female transgender to compete in girls sports. To not be able to recognize this is to have completely taken leave of common sense.

Again, when did Christians start expecting the wider culture to live and function as (some) Christians expect? Y'all are spoiled to your, as of late, hegemony. Now you live in a culture that has no regard for your norms. This is your moment to shine, to embody the unmistakable self-giving love of Christ, which he called us to live. Instead it's a bunch of moaning and fear-mongering, "They're not like us!"

I have no pity for Christians who lament a culture radically different than their own. As if He didnt say it would be just like that. In fact, that very lament tells me our current Christian culture is off. It's not about Christian love, it's about power and control.

Besides, Christians in the culture in which I live will pass over a thousand sins, just to make a point about one sin they have declared, "Unacceptable!" They will harp on it all day long while devouring everything in sight, resenting their so-called enemy, and nursing their favorite vice: an avaricious spirit. Whatever.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,324.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Again, when did Christians start expecting the wider culture to live and function as (some) Christians expect? Y'all are spoiled to your, as of late, hegemony. Now you live in a culture that has no regard for your norms. This is your moment to shine, to embody the unmistakable self-giving love Christ, which he called us to live. Instead it's a bunch of moaning and fear-mongering, "They're not like us!"

I have no pity for Christians who lament a culture radically different than their own. As if He didnt say it would be just like that. In fact, that very lament tells me our current Christian culture is off. It's not about Christian love, it's about power and control.

Besides, Christians in the culture in which I live will pass over a thousand sins, just to make a point about one sin they have declared, "Unacceptable!" They will harp on it all day long while devouring everything in sight, resenting their so-called enemy, and nursing their favorite vice: an avaricious spirit. Whatever.

Good Post.

• Friendly
Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

GraceBro

Eternally Forgiven, Alive, and Secure.
Dec 24, 2017
Central Coast
Visit site
✟102,774.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Nancy Armour at USA Today opines that "Bigotry comes with a price." In other words, if one is a Christian and Jesus Christ is their LORD, the LGBQT+ community has declared ad hominem war against those who believe in God's Holy Word. Speaking out in support of God's Word will cause the "Trans-sexual" community to label you as a bigot. Failing to publicly support anyone who calls themselves queer is tantamount to being labeled a racist.

What shall you do? Follow the world in order to fit in and not be labeled a bigot or a racist. Or, obey Jesus Christ who died for our sins, faithfully defend God's Word, and by His grace alone find eternal salvation in the presence of the LORD...

When the writer suggests that "legislators are willing to sacrifice all of it because of their own hate, ignorance and/or political calculation" perhaps she fails to consider that enough of the legislators are choosing "eternal glory" over hosting the approval of man, by hosting the "Final Four" in their city and state.

Opinion: NCAA must make states with anti-trans laws pay with loss of championships
The lost always fight for their damnation. Besides, we shouldn't be surprised. Jesus said, "This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil (John 3:19)." Furthermore, the Lord said, "If the world hates you, understand that it hated Me first (John 15:18)." This is all proving Jesus correct and the Bible as trustworthy. All we can do is be a light to them and speak the truth in love. The world's label is not my identity. God sees me as His child. That is all that matters.

Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

tryphena rose

Daughter of the Most High
Jun 3, 2019
Idaho
✟46,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is your moment to shine, to embody the unmistakable self-giving love of Christ, which he called us to live. Instead it's a bunch of moaning and fear-mongering, "They're not like us!"

But in order to embody the unmistakable self-giving love of Christ, does that require condoning homosexual sin? As that is the issue at hand, which in your last post you seemed to be inferring.

It's Christ over culture. The Truth in God transcends culture in every way, hence why God said to preach the good news to every nation. God even expects us to put Him over our own government.

Look at the culture of North Korea for example. The Christians there will most certainly be killed for their faith or sent to concentration camps just for having a Bible or telling others of Christ if caught. The North Korean people are forced to worship the Kim regime as if they themselves are gods. Everyday they are taught atrocious communist propaganda. This way of living and seeing the world, shapes much of their culture. Is that a good culture?

Definitely not. Not all cultures are good. And the Gospel still needs to be brought to the people there. Many who come to Christ, will defy their own culture regardless because Jesus calls us to be a people set apart.

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
lc-death-penalty-in-malaysia-2013-20-638.jpg

Despite the fact that the Mosaic Law explicitly stated in Leviticus that "The Woman Caught in Adultery" must be put to death, Christ showed compassion by challenging the crowd to re-examine sin in their own lives before assuming the roles of judge and executioner!

Apparently Christ's message that only those without sin have the moral authority to cast the first stone has been lost when it comes to these modern-day reincarnations of the Pharisees - conservative Christians!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,892.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Look at the culture of North Korea for example. The Christians there will most certainly be killed for their faith or sent to concentration camps just for having a Bible or telling others of Christ if caught. The North Korean people are forced to worship the Kim regime as if they themselves are gods. Everyday they are taught atrocious communist propaganda. This way of living and seeing the world, shapes much of their culture. Is that a good culture

Yet, the Body of Christ in North Korea has expanded 10-fold since the 1990s. The Kim dynasty has tried for 70 years to wipe out Christianity and has failed. At this point, Kim Jong Un has abandoned attempts to destroy the Church (at least for the present) and is attempting to co-opt it by creating a government-controlled North Korean Orthodox Church."

Definitely not. Not all cultures are good. And the Gospel still needs to be brought to the people there. Many who come to Christ, will defy their own culture regardless because Jesus calls us to be a people set apart.

"Good" is defined for us as far as worldly governments are concerned. From 1 Timothy 2 we see that all we are to pray for from authorities is essentially a benign political environment in which the Church can do its business in quiet Godliness. That would be a "good" culture for the purposes of the Church.

Reactions: tryphena rose
Upvote 0