West Coast
✟37,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I do not believe that the LGBTQ lifestyle or the movement is compatible with the Christian life.

That's true. I've been saying for more than twenty years that the issue of celebrating LGBTG will become for Christians in the US what sacrifices to the dead Caesars became for second-century Christians in Rome.

However, I also don't believe it's the mission of the Body of Christ to force unbelievers to act like believers by the sword of the earthly king.

Our mission is to make disciples, and one of the primary methods given us by Christ is to present to the world His Body so beautiful in love and grace that His name will be praised even by those who shun Him.
Our purpose is to glorify God in all that we do. We are called to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the ends of the earth... Amen.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,748.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Because the bills they’re passing sure aren’t based on any science or facts.

“These bills are illogical, in so many different ways,” Alphonso David, president of the Human Rights Campaign, told USA TODAY Sports on Tuesday morning. “They know they have no facts, no science, no data to support their legislation.
I do not consider him to be an arbiter of science or facts.

The Human Rights Campaign is a misnomer. These are the people driving the public-facing LGBTQ+ agenda. Any Christians who support them should stop.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

iarwain

Feb 13, 2009
✟104,873.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Seems there are a multitude of perspectives represented within the lifestyle, yet their common denominator seems to be "we're born that way" and "culture changes" therefore we are as normal as the next "pronoun."
I don't doubt that LGBTQ people face challenges. I have primal urges myself that I struggle with. But I'm not going to create a flag for them and hold marches to show how proud I am for having them.

That response will change as soon as the genetic cause of homosexuality is found (if there is one). That will mean that homosexuality might be curable and certainly will be detectable before birth...which will then create a question for the same group of whether such babies can/should be aborted if the mother wishes.
Curing homosexuality would likely be viewed as a hate crime. Probably aborting babies on the basis of the gay gene too.

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nancy Armour at USA Today opines that "Bigotry comes with a price." In other words, if one is a Christian and Jesus Christ is their LORD, the LGBQT+ community has declared ad hominem war against those who believe in God's Holy Word. Speaking out in support of God's Word will cause the "Trans-sexual" community to label you as a bigot. Failing to publicly support anyone who calls themselves queer is tantamount to being labeled a racist.

Christ said if you follow Him you will be hated by the world.

What shall you do? Follow the world in order to fit in and not be labeled a bigot or a racist. Or, obey Jesus Christ who died for our sins, faithfully defend God's Word, and by His grace alone find eternal salvation in the presence of the LORD...

When the writer suggests that "legislators are willing to sacrifice all of it because of their own hate, ignorance and/or political calculation" perhaps she fails to consider that enough of the legislators are choosing "eternal glory" over hosting the approval of man, by hosting the "Final Four" in their city and state.

Opinion: NCAA must make states with anti-trans laws pay with loss of championships
Why many don’t consider spiritual warfare for such matters ? So that many can be saved.

• Agree
Reactions: Searching4
Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Nancy Armour at USA Today opines that "Bigotry comes with a price." In other words, if one is a Christian and Jesus Christ is their LORD, the LGBQT+ community has declared ad hominem war against those who believe in God's Holy Word. Speaking out in support of God's Word will cause the "Trans-sexual" community to label you as a bigot. Failing to publicly support anyone who calls themselves queer is tantamount to being labeled a racist.

What shall you do? Follow the world in order to fit in and not be labeled a bigot or a racist. Or, obey Jesus Christ who died for our sins, faithfully defend God's Word, and by His grace alone find eternal salvation in the presence of the LORD...

When the writer suggests that "legislators are willing to sacrifice all of it because of their own hate, ignorance and/or political calculation" perhaps she fails to consider that enough of the legislators are choosing "eternal glory" over hosting the approval of man, by hosting the "Final Four" in their city and state.

Opinion: NCAA must make states with anti-trans laws pay with loss of championships
Men who dress themselves as women have been winning in competitions where they have an advantage due to their male anatomy. So far they have not made it to the Olympics. The Olympics dropped gender testing in 2020. If this continues women may be competing against men who think they are women; putting women out of a chance for fame and fortune.

Gender confusion is a problem.

Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟904,175.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private

Do you also speak out against obesity, also a sin, with the same fervour?

Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,627.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married

There's some missing variables in the equation.

The gospel stopped being the gospel of the kingdom of God once it became the gospel of an earthly kingdom (colonization)

The gospel being applied and preached is perverted by basis of foundation.

A lot of the sins that afflict people nowadays that "feel good" are a result of centuries of a church cultivating sin into death, by magnifying it with the law.

It is now reaching the stage of being self aware like a demon and this is why these problems happen.

It's the sin that has become self aware that is the issue, not the people.

In a sense, if we do not begin from a place of love and acceptance, the face of Jesus will continue to be hid.

Something has been wrong for a long time, and this is a consequence of it, no one person is at fault.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,627.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
That is a good point. I would point out however that eating disorders are a form of covetousness, but being obese is not a sin in itself.

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟904,175.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
That is a good point. I would point out however that eating disorders are a form of covetousness, but being obese is not a sin in itself.

Obesity as a result of over indulgence is definitely a sin and over indulgence is far and above the leading cause of obesity.

Over indulgence is the sin, so obesity as a result a visual and outward rebellion against God in the same way that practicing homosexuality is.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

apogee

Oct 9, 2004
✟41,941.00
Faith
Christian
Our purpose is to glorify God in all that we do. We are called to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the ends of the earth... Amen.

I think in this context, the question "How's that going?" needs to be asked.

For the most part LGTBQI... people quite justifiably imagine / experience Christians to be hateful proponents of a system that has only ever brought them shame, self-loathing and fear.

That is not good, it brings no glory to God, and it does not represent good news to anyone.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,473,797.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Curing homosexuality would likely be viewed as a hate crime. Probably aborting babies on the basis of the gay gene too.

I'm sure the LGBTQ group would have that reaction, but they'd have conflicting issues with other liberal groups.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,473,797.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Obesity in the West, particularly the US, is actually more complex than merely overindulgence, and many of the factors of obesity are the same as the factors of poverty and poor mental health.

Upvote 0

Lawrence87

Jan 23, 2021
No
✟32,311.00
Country
Western Sahara
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
My view on the matter is that many Christians have brought condemnation upon themselves and tainted perception of Christianity by getting on their high horse on this matter and making themselves like those who were lining up to stone the adulterous woman.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone is an unequivocal indictment of people who get on their soapbox and preach condemnation of others. I don't disagree with the Biblical perspective on homosexuality nor that of my Church, but I don't obsess over it because I am not afflicted with that particular sin. I am a glutton, however, as well as extremely lustful, prideful, shamefully foul mouthed at times, among a whole list of other sins many of which I am probably too arrogant to notice. So I have no place coming to judge other people. Even now in this post I realise I am being hypocritical by being critical of other Christians, but I do feel particularly motivated to make this point despite this because it does cause people to be massively turned off by Christianity.

Focus on your own laundry list of sins and try to love everyone. Keep your mouth shut about other people's sin unless they come to you for advice about it, and then people might not disregard Christianity as bigoted.

• Agree
Reactions: A_Thinker
Upvote 0

Guinan

Dec 12, 2020
Texas
✟50,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Or lying for that matter. A lying tongue is also an abomination to the Lord. Haughty eyes, hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked schemes, feet that are swift in running to mischief, a false witness who utters lies, and one who spreads strife among brothers are also abominations.

As a matter of fact, there are many abominations listed in the Bible. However, homosexuality seems to be the one sexual sin that many evangelicals will speak out against while dismissing the other sexual sins that they're likely to commit themselves. I have noticed that many of the evangelicals who speak out the loudest against LGBTQ also support (and passionately defend) a twice divorced thrice married serial adulterer, who paid off his inappropriate content star and playboy bunny mistresses, and bragged about how he could get away with forcibly kissing women and groping them because he's a celebrity. As ironic as it is, hardly any of these Christians seem the least bit concerned about the obvious moral inconsistency.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟903,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

We do not have to follow the world as a matter of fact we are commanded not to do so however, we are not to hate one another either. Is there really " eternal glory" in hate? I see bigotry as hate. I see marginalizing a group of people who are desperately seeking a way to self identify as hate. Yes, homosexuality is a sin, more importantly fornication is sin. This sin is committed by belivers and unbelivers alike. Christians who continually condemn this group are not making fishers of men. No we do not need to agree but we should approach the individual with compassion and love. Jesus Christ of Nazareth came for the sinner and over and over He demonstrated His love and compassion for all sinners. Yes the world may hate us for loving Christ but let it not be for hating one another. Be blessed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟221,465.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I will not be watching NCAA because of this and I have often posted a comparison of the HAYES code that lasted from the 30's until 1967 as a standard for movie, TV and radio censorship and Anton Lavey's comments on how TV would be used to teach the new Satanic religion to the people. When you see what Lavey said and compare the change in the culture and direction things have gone and project where they will be soon and perhaps introduce Bible prophecy it is obvious which of two masters is leading this change.

Upvote 0

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

Not everyone is a christian. Not everyone believes in the same morals as you do. What they are doing is none of your business.

• Agree
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,473,797.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not everyone is a christian. Not everyone believes in the same morals as you do. What they are doing is none of your business.

What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? -- 1 Corinthians 5

If you suffer, it should not be as a murderer or thief or any other kind of criminal, or even as a meddler. 1 Peter 3

If we get involved in things that are stated by scripture as not our business--i.e., judging those outside the Church--then we are meddlers.

• Agree
Upvote 0