Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
i watch todd white he seems so on fire for god preaches and heals everyone and shows them jesus but theres people who say hes a false teacher but im confussed as im really valnurable as i got ocd and bad understanding of everyday life and i gotta know

Prayerfully study Gods word for yourself ... through His Word .. He will lead you to the truth through His Word.

Start in the NT Matthew, Mark, Luke & John.

• Agree
Reactions: LoricaLady
Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you have ocd, a good thing to do is to stay *away* from controversy over specific people and theologies, and keep your focus on Scripture and prayer, like Eleos suggested. Getting overly preoccupied with one thing or another can worsen obsessive compulsive tendencis, and take our focus off Christ.

Gradually, as you grow, things often become clearer. But, for now, keep focus on what you know will help you.

Reactions: LoricaLady
Upvote 0
Sep 27, 2019
inverness
✟74,229.71
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you have ocd, a good thing to do is to stay *away* from controversy over specific people and theologies, and keep your focus on Scripture and prayer, like Eleos suggested. Getting overly preoccupied with one thing or another can worsen obsessive compulsive tendencis, and take our focus off Christ.

Gradually, as you grow, things often become clearer. But, for now, keep focus on what you know will help you.
watching him helps as i dont understand the bible as i have trouble understanding eveyday life stuff so he helps but i hear people say hes bad but i dont think he is

• Prayers
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0
Sep 27, 2019
inverness
✟74,229.71
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Prayerfully study Gods word for yourself ... through His Word .. He will lead you to the truth through His Word.

Start in the NT Matthew, Mark, Luke & John.
i dont understand the bible as i barely understand everyday life stuff

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
i dont understand the bible as i barely understand everyday life stuff

Understanding comes over time ... I have no doubt if you would stay with it ... the Lord will help you understand it. It may not seem as so ... at first ... but at some point(s) "light bulbs" will start going off in your mind ;o)

• Agree
Upvote 0
Sep 27, 2019
inverness
✟74,229.71
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Understanding comes over time ... I have no doubt if you would stay with it ... the Lord will help you understand it. It may not seem as so ... at first ... but at some point(s) "light bulbs" will start going off in your mind ;o)
iv tried but nothing and not only that i felt conviction from thinking im unsavable but i dont feel conviction from swearing drinking i swear because my family swears and it hard to stop but i seen on here it was ok to swear but drinking i drink a little but no much

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
iv tried but nothing and not only that i felt conviction from thinking im unsavable but i dont feel conviction from swearing drinking i swear because my family swears and it hard to stop but i seen on here it was ok to swear but drinking i drink a little but no much

Have you prayed to Jesus ... asked Him to bring your sins to your mind ... asked Him to forgive you, asked Him to come into your heart, asked Him to help you change what you think and what you do and to help you become more like Him?

If not, please sincerely go to Jesus in prayer about it.

i dont feel conviction from swearing drinking i swear because my family swears and it hard to stop

the fact that you see to stop swearing and "hard to stop", indicates you feel convicted that you should stop ... but difficult to do.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,299.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Anyone who has a ministry is said to be a false teacher by someone else. If you wait til there arent any critics, you wont ever listen to any minister. Encourage you to llsten to what he says and compare it to Scripture. My husband and I have been believers for decades. We havent heard him say anything that has caused us to not listen to him.

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Growing in convictions tends to take a while, especially if we have been exposed to certain behaviors our whole life.

You *know* what to do and not do, and that is good. You may not feel, but you know. That's ok. To know is better than to feel; we can feel a lot of things which may or may not reflect Truth, but knowing is good. Start with prayer. Pray about your struggles and be patient with yourself.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
i watch todd white he seems so on fire for god preaches and heals everyone
If that's really true?

Then if you would get the message to Todd White and tell him that I will buy him a plane ticket to San Diego and we will go to Children's Hospital and watch him heal everyone.

((((( Man that would make the Real News. )))))
M-Bob

• Agree
Upvote 0
Sep 27, 2019
inverness
✟74,229.71
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If that's really true?

Then if you would get the message to Todd White and tell him that I will buy him a plane ticket to San Diego and we will go to Children's Hospital and watch him heal everyone.

((((( Man that would make the Real News. )))))
M-Bob
lol im kinda hinting sarcasm

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
lol im kinda hinting sarcasm

I truly did not mean it that way.
I'm very sincere with my offer made.
I would love for it to be true.

But, truth is only God can heal.
We may pray and ask but,
only He makes that decision.

Are all we pray for healed?
Of course not.
My nephew just died at the age of 34 after much prayer from a solid church
and many, many others.

M-Bob

• Prayers
Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I truly did not mean it that way.
I'm very sincere with my offer made.
I would love for it to be true.

But, truth is only God can heal.
We may pray and ask but,
only He makes that decision.

Are all we pray for healed?
Of course not.
My nephew just died at the age of 34 after much prayer from a solid church
and many, many others.

M-Bob
I'm so sorry, Bob. I hope he was in the Lord. God be with you guys.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm so sorry, Bob. I hope he was in the Lord. God be with you guys.

Thank you.
I can't even imagine the pain that my brother and his wife went through while watching their young son die which took several years.
He died of CF.

Have a blessed Saturday,
Bob

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,299.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am sorry. One of the most confusing things - some prayers answered while others arent. A relative of ours passed 2 days ago and he was prayed for as well.

JasonMalloy for future reference -
From Tampasteve "...you make your post in a "safe house" such as Spiritual Gifts then it precludes people that do not believe in the gift (such as tongues) from teaching against them."

There's also a subforum "sign gifts" of Spiritual,Gifts with the same guidelines.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sep 27, 2019
inverness
✟74,229.71
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am sorry. One of the most confusing things - some prayers answered while others arent.

JasonMalloy for future reference -
From Tampasteve "...you make your post in a "safe house" such as Spiritual Gifts then it precludes people that do not believe in the gift (such as tongues) from teaching against them."

There's also a subforum "sign gifts" of Spiritual,Gifts with the same guidelines.
srry im resl dumb lol i dont understand

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,299.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sorry I wasnt clear so let me try again.

Under Forums, one selection is Spiritual Growth. Once you locate it, you can click Spiritual Gifts Then if you want to go to the Sign Gifts subforum, you can click on that option. Both Spiritual Gifts and Sign Gifts are set aside for believers who believe those Scriptures such as I Cor 12 are still for today.

Upvote 0