• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Big old ball of Desire

Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
In the past I asked if touching yourself is a sin or something along those lines. I am not here to ask that anymore but the problem I am having is stopping. If I don't look at these things and I don't watch things at all, what happens is that I after a while get this feeling inside that is...... horny.... I don't try to arouse myself or anything but I mean how am I suppose to stop if I get this way even if I am not looking at girls or looking at appealing images.

I looked on YouTube and a lot of people say if you know God you will stop PERIOD and there won't be any struggle they are making it seem while saying that you are going to go to hell if you don't stop because the bible does say to abstain from sexual immorality.

I think of what Paul said in the bible not sure where it was but it said something like its better to not get married but if you struggle with lust that its better to get married then to commit sexual immorality. Also where is says to not stop between a husband and wife unless agreed upon for a short while so that then they don't get a big overwhelming ball of desire in them that allows the evil one to come and try to devour you. However in this day and age getting a proper wife is HARD. I am 26 and I haven't even been able to find a girl to go on my first date ever.

I feel as if marriage is my only option but the fact that I seem like as I am getting older I am less and less likely to get my first date and when I do I will if be married by the time I hit 40s to 60s.... I can't wait that long I could die any day. So what do I do?

FYI please don't say its not a sin because unless I am thinking of a tree or a meadow or like things Jesus says anyone who looks at a women with lust commits adultery in there heart.
Is there some particular reason you haven't ever dated any girls?

Upvote 0

athrun5

Apr 10, 2013
✟10,602.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Is there some particular reason you haven't ever dated any girls?
Well I was homeschooled since I was in grade 7 so good bye highschool and I moved away to an area with noone my age till I was 19. At such time I had no friends for 6 years and couldnt really date. At 17 my grandpa had a heartattack and his daughters were trying to kill him so my mother took him in as a dying promise to her mother and when she went to work I looked after him(poorly). After that I moved to a rural area with my mother and apparently we were the most hated people in the area because my mother was a divorced mother. So no friends for about 2 years then I made friends and they moved away shortly after and now I am alone again for the last 4 years.

Upvote 0

God's Child

Psalm 23
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2006
✟135,939.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
nPnLZHQ.jpg

This thread has been moved from Christian Advice to Recovery Related Spiritual Advice.

Upvote 0