Big old ball of Desire P2

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I feel like I am an incline plane wrapped helically around an axis.
You must have some kind of engineering background. I get it. :)

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If I were in your shoes, I think I'd choose sexual abstinence.
That is about the same as saying you choose to be a prophet or a faith healer.
It is a gift from God; and the only choice we have is to embrace that gift or not.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
That is about the same as saying you choose to be a prophet or a faith healer.
It is a gift from God; and the only choice we have is to embrace that gift or not.
If someone studies hard and becomes a great scholar, you might call it a "gift from God," but in fact, the person studied hard. And so it is with sexual abstention - you put forth the effort.

• Agree
Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

athrun5

Apr 10, 2013
✟10,602.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If someone studies hard and becomes a great scholar, you might call it a "gift from God," but in fact, the person studied hard. And so it is with sexual abstention - you put forth the effort.
However some people just can't be a scholar because its out of there range of skills. No matter how hard someone studies it doesn't matter because you could fail the tests and stop you'll be dead in your tracks as someone who tried hard and wasted his time on a folly.

My dad was a person that couldn't stop being immoral, he slept around knocking up others and in the end he had to go to SAA and AM. Once he was done he already was married to his second wife and they had *** all over the house(I would know he told me then I told his class of old ladies).

I don't think I will cheat on anyone but I am worried his hormones are rushing through my body and that I can't control it no matter what I do.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
However some people just can't be a scholar because its out of there range of skills. No matter how hard someone studies it doesn't matter because you could fail the tests and stop you'll be dead in your tracks as someone who tried hard and wasted his time on a folly.

My dad was a person that couldn't stop being immoral, he slept around knocking up others and in the end he had to go to SAA and AM. Once he was done he already was married to his second wife and they had *** all over the house(I would know he told me then I told his class of old ladies).

I don't think I will cheat on anyone but I am worried his hormones are rushing through my body and that I can't control it no matter what I do.
But in the case of sexual desire, you really have two choices: get married or be sexually abstinent. Paul tells us that the better of these two choices, if you are able, is to remain abstinent (1 Cor 7:36-38). It takes effort to be sexually abstinent, but that's the way life is sometimes.

Upvote 0

athrun5

Apr 10, 2013
✟10,602.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But in the case of sexual desire, you really have two choices: get married or be sexually abstinent. Paul tells us that the better of these two choices, if you are able, is to remain abstinent (1 Cor 7:36-38). It takes effort to be sexually abstinent, but that's the way life is sometimes.
Do or die

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
(Use common sense if you are unsure of the words with *** as I don't want my topic removed because I used a forbidden word. I really need advice.)

So I am struggling with desire, I remember when Paul said in the bible to get married if you struggle with a certain form a desire but in this day an age its not like you can just get married. Like I haven't even had my first date and I am 26 and all the people I know are all getting married and being happy.

It makes me feel a little depressed as I really struggle with desire and I can't ever find a non sinful outlet. I also know the bible says that you are to abstain from ****** immorality but how? Pastors say by the power of God you can over come it all and its by your/my disbelief that causes me to fail at doing so.

I think that Paul wouldn't have said get married if you struggle with ****** immorality if you could over come it all by your faith in the power of God. What I mean by this is that Jesus said you could move a mountain as long as you had faith as small as a mustard seed or something like that. My point is most people have horrible amounts of faith. I believe God came down to earth in the flesh and died on the cross so death would be defeated and the Holy Spirit would come down to the hearts of believers but I still can't beat this. I just become soooo h**** when I try to stop.

What do I do, Respectable pastors say that if you are in ****** immorality you haven't even made it to the first wrung of Christianity and that you will die in your sins for on Judgement day the Lord will say I never knew you. For many are called, few are chosen.
Paul remained single, as such was expedient for him. He was traveling and at risk of prison and death. Some have genetic defects that resulted in deformities or learning disabilities. These should not marry and have children as genetic defects were often passed to the next generation. Being single and celibate in and of itself is not a sin.

Getting married may not cure lust. Lust is a sin. Some who lusted before marriage, lusted through marriage and continued to lust into being unfaithful to his/her spouse. That led to divorce and abandonment.

Some people got married and had children with neither spouse working. They became a burden to those who supported them. In order to marry and have children, one should have employment, or a partner who is diligent in this respect. Finding someone with a compatible lifestyle is important. Discovering incompatibility after marriage is a frequent cause of divorce.

Upvote 0

athrun5

Apr 10, 2013
✟10,602.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Paul remained single, as such was expedient for him. He was traveling and at risk of prison and death. Some have genetic defects that resulted in deformities or learning disabilities. These should not marry and have children as genetic defects were often passed to the next generation. Being single and celibate in and of itself is not a sin.

Getting married may not cure lust. Lust is a sin. Some who lusted before marriage, lusted through marriage and continued to lust into being unfaithful to his/her spouse. That led to divorce and abandonment.

Some people got married and had children with neither spouse working. They became a burden to those who supported them. In order to marry and have children, one should have employment, or a partner who is diligent in this respect. Finding someone with a compatible lifestyle is important. Discovering incompatibility after marriage is a frequent cause of divorce.
That's true as I am sure my dad did that before he married dead my grandma on paper and my mom at his wedding. However in my case what else can one do but get married as there is no other option going cold turkey is in my ability to. I tried over and over again and the closest I ever got was 10 days when I was obsessing over some girl. AKA trading one sin for another. I never reached that close again.

Now everytime I try I just get so H**** to the point where I can't do anything at all no matter how much I try to focus on other things.

How do you do what peter did? when he kept his eyes on Jesus he walked on the water. Aside from reading the bible because I can't keep my focus when reading, how can I focus on him better for maybe I won't sink then.

Upvote 0

S.O.J.I.A.

Dynamic UNO
Nov 6, 2016
Michigan
✟98,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
doesn't seem like a life of celibacy is going to work for you so you are going to need to begin preparations for marriage. this means you need to be looking to find gainful employment to support a family, developing whatever social skills necessary to engage the opposite sex, and improving yourself overall in gaining knowledge and skills in order to be the leader of your family who will have answers and solutions to things.

it takes work, but many have done it. it won't just happen. it's an intentional thing that must be worked toward.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

athrun5

Apr 10, 2013
✟10,602.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
doesn't seem like a life of celibacy is going to work for you so you are going to need to begin preparations for marriage. this means you need to be looking to find gainful employment to support a family, developing whatever social skills necessary to engage the opposite sex, and improving yourself overall in gaining knowledge and skills in order to be the leader of your family who will have answers and solutions to things.

it takes work, but many have done it. it won't just happen. it's an intentional thing that must be worked toward.
The one thing we can agree one.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"most people have horrible amounts of faith"...this is not true. Its written " God hath dealt "to every man the measure of faith.

If one is "born again" ALL things become new. Sin no longer has a hold over us. We no long HAVE to listen or obey it. Now.. we still live in a body that has not been changed yet. So NATURE is still there. Nothing but nothing is controlling us. Making us think desire what ever. Nothing wrong with looking at someone...and then desire kicks in..thoughts then start coming from somewhere else. Thought you just were not thinking.

Now.. you have a free choice. ACT on those thoughts.. you now sinned. You dont have to. Go for a run or take a REALLY cold shower. JESUS is real. The LIE is you HAVE to think on it or you cant stop.. its all lies. You have the faith. This is not based on how you feel. You dont have to think anything you dont want to.

Again this is not based on feelings. Jesus really did set you free. The enemy is just playing games.. lying to you. You do in fact have the faith. YOUR NOT ALONE! Relax.. we FORGET those things that are behind. It can not be by chance I was reading about what we should be thinking on...

"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."

If we walk in the spirit we will not fulfill the lust of the flesh. So.. relax.. really. Smile.. A your FATHER is for you...He is not against you. He does not judge you nor condemn you. ALL of this will go. REALLY! See what HE STARTED IN YOU? OOOH HE IS GOING TO FINISH! Your Fathe NEVER looses. He WITH YOU...and WILL help you. Theres your faith. That no matter what it looks like sounds like FEELS like.. what HE started HE will finish. He will help with your desires.. THINK ON THINGS OF GOD! bind that eneny in JESUS NAME. And take hold of those thoughts... just say no.. i rebuke I resist those thoughts in Jesus name I will think on things that are true..are pure..so forth so on. SPEAK HIS WORD!

Upvote 0

athrun5

Apr 10, 2013
✟10,602.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"most people have horrible amounts of faith"...this is not true. Its written " God hath dealt "to every man the measure of faith.

If one is "born again" ALL things become new. Sin no longer has a hold over us. We no long HAVE to listen or obey it. Now.. we still live in a body that has not been changed yet. So NATURE is still there. Nothing but nothing is controlling us. Making us think desire what ever. Nothing wrong with looking at someone...and then desire kicks in..thoughts then start coming from somewhere else. Thought you just were not thinking.

Now.. you have a free choice. ACT on those thoughts.. you now sinned. You dont have to. Go for a run or take a REALLY cold shower. JESUS is real. The LIE is you HAVE to think on it or you cant stop.. its all lies. You have the faith. This is not based on how you feel. You dont have to think anything you dont want to.

Again this is not based on feelings. Jesus really did set you free. The enemy is just playing games.. lying to you. You do in fact have the faith. YOUR NOT ALONE! Relax.. we FORGET those things that are behind. It can not be by chance I was reading about what we should be thinking on...

"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."

If we walk in the spirit we will not fulfill the lust of the flesh. So.. relax.. really. Smile.. A your FATHER is for you...He is not against you. He does not judge you nor condemn you. ALL of this will go. REALLY! See what HE STARTED IN YOU? OOOH HE IS GOING TO FINISH! Your Fathe NEVER looses. He WITH YOU...and WILL help you. Theres your faith. That no matter what it looks like sounds like FEELS like.. what HE started HE will finish. He will help with your desires.. THINK ON THINGS OF GOD! bind that eneny in JESUS NAME. And take hold of those thoughts... just say no.. i rebuke I resist those thoughts in Jesus name I will think on things that are true..are pure..so forth so on. SPEAK HIS WORD!

I just wanted to say that the part where I said most people have horrible amounts of faith wasn't really what I meant. I often find that I cant put the words to the feelings I am trying to express and those were there poor choice of words I went with.

What I was meaning and should have said was that we are weak and if we look at say a bikini start to as you said think things we were not intending on thinking and if that were to happen in a closed space then unless you run from it saying I rebuke these feelings aren't going to help for the bible says "flee from S***** Immorality", other wise you will lose. Thats just how weak we are. Its not about faith its about weakness and more importantly how much we like giving into that weakness. Its only about power of when we try to fight it and whenever we do we lose but when you choose to dive in its not. Anyways I need time to think on things to get things into perspective and I think the purpose of this thread has been fulfilled.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think marrying would be unwise. How can one raise a family, control children, lead a marriage....when they can't even control there own emotions and desires? And think about it.....how many people with sister's or daughters here feel that they would want their sister or daughter with a man who is rushing to marry them because they can't control their lust for the opposite sex?....not lust for you sis or daughter, mind you....But for women in general.

You don't use women to tame or soothe your sexual desires......they are worth so much more than that....And you are not ready for one if you don't know this.

Take control of your life. Fix your issues and problems before trying to bring another soul around them.

God is able to do above and beyond anything you can even ask our think. He can desolve all these issue for you and even have a wife waiting for you after He is done.....

Upvote 0