Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Sky77

The Big Bang is a BIG DUD!

And to go into it;they claim anti-matter fills in the gaps because everything is not evenly ditributed(the clumps of stars and galaxys,etc)there is 0 evdence that anti-matter is even possible or would exist!
RIDICULOUS

-Hector

Upvote 0

LewisWildermuth

Senior Veteran
May 17, 2002
Bloomington, Illinois
✟11,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Satoshi

Mar 21, 2002
Visit site
✟774.00
Originally posted by npetreley
As described today? False.

Man, what a devastating counter-argument to decades of papers regarding red-shifted galaxies, general relativity, the CMB, and the like.  With a single post that doesn't even contain complete sentences, npetreley has single-handedly turned the field of cosmology on its head.  Amazing!

Upvote 0
Originally posted by Satoshi
Man, what a devastating counter-argument to decades of papers regarding red-shifted galaxies, general relativity, the CMB, and the like.  With a single post that doesn't even contain complete sentences, npetreley has single-handedly turned the field of cosmology on its head.  Amazing!

I was there, so I know.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
why are you all jurks? eh? i mean, its one thing to dislike someones response to what your talking about but to plain out try and insult them is just wrong. why dont you go take your oversized minds/egos and develop them to the point where you think your god. while you do that, i'll be over here slashing your tires.

*slashes tires*

npeterley, no worrys bro.

Upvote 0

Philosophic

Thinker
Sep 1, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟7,787.00
Faith
Agnostic
Originally posted by Sky77
Do you think the Big Bang theory is false or true?

I think that there are good and valid reasons to doubt portions of the Big Bang theory, specifically the idea that space and time were both "created" at T=0 time of the Big Bang. I don't find any cogent reason to believe that the galaxies aren't flying away from each other at a high rate of speed (the "red shift" mentioned in an earlier post). That at least implies that they were all close together at some point in the distant past.

But the Big Bang could have happened within an existing space/time continuum and we might not be able to tell the difference between that and the current model of the Big Bang.  The level of accuracy in measurements of stellar speed and position is pretty low (plus or minus 30%, more or less) so there is, unfortunately, lots of room for errors, and less room to exclude things from being possible.

== Bill

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

panterapat

Praise God in all things!
Jun 4, 2002
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟9,767.00
Faith
Catholic
To me the arguement of big bang vs creationism is moot. However it happened, GOD DID IT!!! And incidently, the more we study science, the more we discover the greatness of God. Science and faith are not at odds. Its just that science has some catching up to do.

Upvote 0

wildernesse

Use less and live more.
Jun 17, 2002
Georgia
Visit site
✟16,673.00
I would agree with panterapat that science's discoveries show us God's greatness. The more we learn about the complexities of this natural world, which I believe God created, the more amazing the world becomes. What is equally fascinating to me is that we humans are able to question and discover more and more about our universe through the tools we have created. What an incredible species of creature we are!

Of course, if you don't think that God created the universe, then you think differently. We all have different perceptions of this world. What I don't understand is the need by some believers to quash all thinking about things they don't understand. What are you afraid of? Will thinking about the Big Bang nullify God in your life? If it does, is what is in your life God? God doesn't need our protection--and if He does, what does that mean?

Sorry, that's just a tad off topic. The Big Bang is something that I don't know much about, but I trust that the scientific community is toiling over this and other interesting questions to the best of their ability. If this becomes a central issue in my life, I'll have to stop relying on their authority, and study the issue in depth myself.

-tibac

Edited because I used the word "amazing" 3 times in one paragraph!  Varied word choice is important! haha

Upvote 0