Biden's supposed Inauguration to be a scaled down event

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
I'm quite certain that if the man being inaugurated President did not want a grand show, and had promised the public that there wouldn't be one in the interest of stopping the spread of a dread disease...the precious "Congressional Committee on Inauguration Ceremonies" would have to yield to him. :rolleyes:
On what do you base that certainty? I doubt it's written anywhere that they have to do anything a President-Elect wants. Granted, they would likely take any suggestions he had into account, but they're not required to.

Regardless, I'm sure they're perfectly capable of scheduling a safe inauguration on their own. Biden will probably just let them do their thing, just like in the past.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,518.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I doubt it's written anywhere that they have to do anything a President-Elect wants. Granted, they would likely take any suggestions he had into account, but they're not required to.
A few friends outside the basement window?

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Wasn't the split over which house would bring forth the Messiah? Kind of the same battle going on here but more than likely for an anti-Christ messiah down the road as the global age begins

Hmmmm, the enemy fancies themselves as masters of the mirrors... perhaps.

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Hmmmm, the enemy fancies themselves as masters of the mirrors... perhaps.

Soon, all of their twisted reflections will be broken... without remedy.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
If Joe were really serious about the threat of Covid, the Inauguration ceremonies would involve no more than several thousand well spread-out attendees and a minimum of bands and etc. But no one should believe it until they see it.

Didn't we already see that in 2017?

• Haha
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
On what do you base that certainty?
Because the Inauguration is his show. And he's the person it's all about.

The idea that the committee would tell the president-to-be that he has no choice and no input when it comes to the details concerning the related festivities (not the swearing-in ceremony itself) isn't realistic.

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
That doesn’t mean he’s involved in the process or even needs to be.

The idea that the committee would tell the president-to-be that he has no choice and no input when it comes to the details concerning the related festivities (not the swearing-in ceremony itself) isn't realistic.
I agree, that would be unrealistic, which is why I didn’t say that. I’m sure he could, were he so inclined, have all sorts of input. I just don’t see why he would really bother or be expected to. I’m sure the committee is well aware of the pandemic and is perfectly capable of setting things up on their own.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Thus far, Biden has been very conscientious about COVID-19... it seems unlikely that he would scrap that in the name of some grand ceremony praising him...

after all, he knows he was elected to be different from his predecessor.

Good thing nobody except you is sharing that unrealistic idea. The committee and the President-Elect will work together and come to a mutually acceptable solution.

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I agree, that would be unrealistic, which is why I didn’t say that. I’m sure he could, were he so inclined, have all sorts of input. I just don’t see why he would really bother or be expected to.
I answered that in posts 9 and 17.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I answered that in posts 9 and 17.

And according to post 1, your answers were true -- the inauguration will indeed be scaled down and far smaller than previous ceremonies... which would indicate that Biden does indeed care about the well being of other people.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
And according to post 1, your answers were true -- the inauguration will indeed be scaled down and far smaller than previous ceremonies... which would indicate that Biden does indeed care about the well being of other people.
All that is really required is that Biden swear or affirm the oath of office before a person legally qualified to witness oaths. A notary public could do it. No other ceremony is necessary.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟298,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

The ceremonial parts begin long before the election even takes place (Capitol stage, parade stands, etc.). Once a President-elect is known then the balls, etc. start getting planned. I'm not sure if the original inauguration committee is taken over by the Pres.-elect's people or if they form a new one.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟298,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
All that is really required is that Biden swear or affirm the oath of office before a person legally qualified to witness oaths. A notary public could do it. No other ceremony is necessary.

In fact, this has already happened. In August 1923, Calvin Coolidge, became president when Warren Harding died. He was sworn in by his father, a notary public and justice of the peace.

• Agree
Reactions: Speedwell
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,518.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Everyone plays the game. Will he use a Catholic Bible?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,518.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
In fact, this has already happened. In August 1923, Calvin Coolidge, became president when Warren Harding died. He was sworn in by his father, a notary public and justice of the peace.
Johnson in a rush job on a plane

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0