Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In a phone call transcript obtained by Reuters, Biden said the US would provide aid if Ghani could project to the world that he 'had a plan' for fighting the Taliban, while the Afghan army was being overrun.

Some say the call shows that Biden knew the situation was dire in Afghanistan way before the evacuation and flies in the face of claims from the administration that they had no idea the Taliban would take over so quickly. Other critics say Biden's call shows he is 'disconnected from the real world' as he didn't grasp Ghani's warning that 15,000 terrorists were about to 'invade' Afghanistan.

Yet, he White House is sticking to its story, with Chief of Staff Ron Klain telling MSNBC late Tuesday that no one in the administration knew the Taliban would take over Afghanistan in just 12 days.

Biden focused much of the call on Ghani's 'perception problem.'

'I need not tell you the perception around the world and in parts of Afghanistan, I believe, is that things are not going well in terms of the fight against the Taliban,' Biden said. 'And there is a need, whether it is true or not, there is a need to project a different picture.'

At the time of the call, Taliban had captured about half of the nation's provincial capitals.​

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,077,085.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I am glad you support the release of his phone call.

I am very much looking forward to seeing which Congress members were aiding and assisting the insurrectionists on January 6 so that they can be criminally charged (if warranted) and removed from Congress. The release of their phone records will permit the investigation to be completed.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟688,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I am very much looking forward to seeing which Congress members were aiding and assisting the insurrectionists on January 6 so that they can be criminally charged (if warranted) and removed from Congress. The release of their phone records will permit the investigation to be completed.

you should open a thread on that. Because this thread is about Biden

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟361,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
So what I see is a transparent president. Sounds terrifying. Certainly he was trying to do something sneaky....by release his conversations to.....a news organization.

Meanwhile Trump and Putin get into a room with nobody else and nobody knows what they talked about.
Yeah. This sounds like a consistent position to maintain.

Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟247,302.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

Phone records are different from transcriptions. They will only know which phone called which number and at what time, and the duration of the call. They won't know the content of the call.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟688,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Tiberius Lee

Sep 6, 2017
Wisconsin
✟145,602.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I know , I know where things went wrong. Biden should have said to Ghani , “if you can find dirt on my political opponent , only then America will support you to fight with Taliban” . Then it would be a “perfect” call.

Upvote 0

stevil

Feb 5, 2011
✟247,302.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I know , I know where things went wrong. Biden should have said to Ghani , “if you can find dirt on my political opponent , only then America will support you to fight with Taliban” . Then it would be a “perfect” call.
It's not about finding dirt, it's about publicly announcing an investigation into his political opponent in the run up to a presidential election.
Hillary lost due to the email server investigation alone.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟207,861.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Psaki refuses to discuss leaked Biden call with Ghani that shows he knew Afghan army was collapsing - NewsBreak

White House press secretary Jen Psaki on Wednesday refused to comment about the leaked phone call between President Biden and former Afghan President Ashraf Ghani. Psaki dodged questions from reporters about the July 23 call, in which Biden told the Afghan leader to change the “perception” about the fight against the Taliban, “whether it’s true or not​
Biden knew the situation in Afghanistan was dire, he told the president of Afghanistan to lie, and Joe misled the American people that very same month of July by bragging about the Afghani troops. Ultimately Joe's deceitful plan ended in the deaths of 160 Afghanis and 13 Americans. Psaki has no defense for the phone call, Joe refuses to step down. Biden needs to be impeached now, if your representative in Congress won't vote for impeachment make sure to vote them out of office. Each day seems to get worse and worse. The world is in great peril, as much as I don't want Kamala as president we may not survive with Joe for 43 more months.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟207,861.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm not saying that I like politicians lying, and I'm not saying that I agree with what Biden did, but...

What was the high crime and misdemeanour offence?

Dereliction of duty, violating his oath of office, endangering national security, violation of a Supreme Court order--those are possibles.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,172,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Dereliction of duty, violating his oath of office, endangering national security, violation of a Supreme Court order--those are possibles.
Try to pace yourself, three and a half years or so to go now.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟207,861.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It seems there isn't any graceful exit from an occupation/war.
Trump's withdrawal from Syria left behind his allies to be slaughtered. Biden's withdrawal from Afghanistan left behind his allies to be slaughtered.
Drivel. Biden pulled the military out first, the greatest strategic military blunder in modern history. People are dead and Biden needs to step down.

• Winner
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

stevil

Feb 5, 2011
✟247,302.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Drivel. Biden pulled the military out first, the greatest strategic military blunder in modern history. People are dead and Biden needs to step down.
Lots of allies got slaughtered due to the way Trump pulled out of Syria.
It's not an excuse for Biden, but merely pointing out that both these leaders pulled out badly and this led to the enviable result of allies being slaughtered.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟207,861.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Lots of allies got slaughtered due to the way Trump pulled out of Syria.
It's not an excuse for Biden, but merely pointing out that both these leaders pulled out badly and this led to the enviable result of allies being slaughtered.
Biden lied, he boasted about the Afghani troops, and now we know that when the Afghan president told him how bad the situation was with the Taliban Biden told him to lie also. Biden said he would leave no man behind, instead he pulled the military out before getting the civilians out (without telling any of the allied countries in advance), put TERRORISTS in charge of security, resulting in dead Americans and Afghanis and stranded Americans and allies in terrorist controlled territory. He has put not only our country at risk but the world as well. No president has ever done such a thing, that's why he was denounced by the British parliament. He should be removed, prosecuted, and jailed.

Upvote 0

Tiberius Lee

Sep 6, 2017
Wisconsin
✟145,602.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Biden lied, he boasted about the Afghani troops, and now we know that when the Afghan president told him how bad the situation was with the Taliban Biden told him to lie also. Biden said he would leave no man behind, instead he pulled the military out before getting the civilians out (without telling any of the allied countries in advance), put TERRORISTS in charge of security, resulting in dead Americans and Afghanis and stranded Americans and allies in terrorist controlled territory. He has put not only our country at risk but the world as well. No president has ever done such a thing, that's why he was denounced by the British parliament. He should be removed, prosecuted, and jailed.

After all that .. I will still vote for Joe Biden in 2024 any day over any GOP, including Trump!

Upvote 0

stevil

Feb 5, 2011
✟247,302.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Biden lied, he boasted about the Afghani troops, and now we know that when the Afghan president told him how bad the situation was with the Taliban Biden told him to lie also. Biden said he would leave no man behind, instead he pulled the military out before getting the civilians out (without telling any of the allied countries in advance), put TERRORISTS in charge of security, resulting in dead Americans and Afghanis and stranded Americans and allies in terrorist controlled territory.
It's almost a carbon copy of what Trump did when he pulled out of Syria.

With regards to the Afghan pullout, it was negotiated by Trump and the Taliban (ignoring the Afghan government completely) and it appears, under Trump and Steven Miller's leadership any withdrawal of the brown skinned Afghan allies to USA was blocked and slow-walked so as to keep USA White (MAGA at its best!)
Biden was handed a hospital pass here.
Biden isn't without blame though. This could have been executed better.

Upvote 0