Aug 27, 2014
✟429,692.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
And Trump will fix it never, because he's more into fleecing students than helping them.

Maybe this isn't the sort of thing you should be highlighting in order to make a partisan point when that's the guy in your corner...

Upvote 0

Rachel20

May 30, 2020
STX
✟58,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟429,692.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Most college professors are liberal. Last liberal:conservative ratio I saw was 12:1 . So where were their protests all these years over the rising costs? Even Camille Paglia pointed out this hypocrisy.

I was unaware that Camille Paglia or any liberal professors were responsible for the decline in public funding for education that has pushed more and more of the cost of education directly onto students. Huh.

Upvote 0

Rachel20

May 30, 2020
STX
✟58,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
And Trump will fix it never, because he's more into fleecing students than helping them.

Maybe this isn't the sort of thing you should be highlighting in order to make a partisan point when that's the guy in your corner...

My point was that AOC should be directing her plea to Biden, who wants to reduce each student's loan debt by $10,000. Perhaps AOC isn't satisfied with this although it would reduce the average debt by one-third or more.

Average Student Loan Debt Statistics for 2020 | LendEDU

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rachel20

May 30, 2020
STX
✟58,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
College administrators are the guilty ones, raising tuitions to capture the spoils of government backed student loans.

Colleges are only as good as the professors they attract (with higher salaries) so they're all feeding at the same trough. It's the strange silence of the so-called "liberal" professors that's funny.

• Agree
Reactions: ralliann
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Colleges are only as good as the professors they attract (with higher salaries) so they're all feeding at the same trough. It's the strange silence of the so-called "liberal" professors that's funny.

Who's going to turn down a big fat raise? I'm actually overpaid for what I do as well, but I'm not complaining. Next month I'll get another raise and a nice yearly bonus. Life is good. :)

Upvote 0

Rachel20

May 30, 2020
STX
✟58,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Who's going to turn down a big fat raise? I'm actually overpaid for what I do as well, but I'm not complaining. Next month I'll get another raise and a nice yearly bonus. Life is good. :)

Sure, but then I don't hear you virtue-signalling over the poor indentured-servant students either :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sure, but then I don't hear you virtue-signalling over the poor indentured-servant students either :)

Many kids are drawn into college, and debt, on the promise of a high paying job later. These days that's a crapshoot for sure. The winds of society are blowing them away from more stable blue collar careers into the uncertainty of the future high-tech world. Sadly many aren't prepared to make the best choice.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Brian Mcnamee
Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟335,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Most college professors are liberal. Last liberal:conservative ratio I saw was 12:1 . So where were their protests all these years over the rising costs? Even Camille Paglia pointed out this hypocrisy.

At my university, we talk about the high costs of education all the time -- in our department meetings, in our faculty senate meetings, in our union meetings, in our conversations with the administration, and in our university's negotiations with the state legislature. We think about it when we're choosing our textbooks and when we're considering the equipment students may need for a particular class. Why do you say otherwise?

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
We're all working stiffs, college or no

True. My bosses and all their kids went to college, but most do common work, in the family residential rental business.

Reactions: Rachel20
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

But don't those professors assign TA's to do the teaching while they spend their time hoping to get 'published', in order to raise the prestige of themselves and the college (so as to continue the cycle of raising tuitions)? They don't actually teach, do they? How do the students benefit from these highly paid professors?

• Agree
Reactions: Rachel20
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Has it occurred to you that professors can’t easily criticize their employers without consequences? The college professors I know are very critical of their administrations over costs to students but have to be very careful of how public they are about that. I’m guessing you also have no idea what college professors are or aren’t doing about this.

Upvote 0