United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Pffft..
Texas leads the United States in wind energy generation and its no competition.

There is no competition. You are correct. Some areas have steady winds. Some don't.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Sorry, I just do not have the time or want to answer you. If in the future you actually respond to a question, I might engage. Until then - it's just a waste of my time attempting to participate in a one sided conversation.

Oh man, this is so perfect. OP creates thread after thread making bogus claims about things he doesn't understand and ignoring people who point out his errors, then says he doesn't want to waste time in a one-sided conversation.

:handok::handok::handok:

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Maybe that's why many Blue states are so far behind. Maybe some should take some notes from Texas.
There is no competition. Some states have good conditions, others don't.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,095,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

tz620q

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
Carmel, IN
✟573,016.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Siemens Gamesa SG 8.0-167 DD offshore wind turbine - Blade length: 81.4 m

There could be designs for 100 meter. Would that offend you if there was?

sgre_udg_web-graphics_636-part2_3.png
I was wondering if they would have a problem with the flow of air going laminar at the blade tips when they go through the speed of sound (roughly 1100 ft/s). A 300 foot radius transcribes a 1885 foot circumference, so any speed of rotation greater than 1100/1885 = .584 rps = 35 rpm. It seems that most of today's wind turbines have the pitch of the blades controlled to set the RPM to roughly 18. So no problem with the longer blades in this regards.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi all,

I'm visiting the Bay area right now and yesterday we drove through a section of open land that was dotted with wind turbines. It's a pretty amazing sight to see. Unfortunately, I was unable to find any particular cancer scares being driven by their presence. I also didn't hear the mighty 'rrririririr' that is supposed to cause the cancer, so perhaps all these wind turbines are defective.

God bless,
Ted

• Haha
Reactions: Mark Quayle
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi all,

I'm visiting the Bay area right now and yesterday we drove through a section of open land that was dotted with wind turbines. It's a pretty amazing sight to see. Unfortunately, I was unable to find any particular cancer scares being driven by their presence. I also didn't hear the mighty 'rrririririr' that is supposed to cause the cancer, so perhaps all these wind turbines are defective.

God bless,
Ted

I've heard alleged complaints about the noise. So I recently drove up to where the blades were nearly overhead. As each blade passes overhead there is a noise like the sound of a Tesla passing you by on the road. A quiet Whooosh sound about one per second. That would be 20 rpm. You have to shut off your car engine to hear it overhead. I'm pretty sure it doesn't cause cancer. No more so than three Tesla's circling your house anyway.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I've heard alleged complaints about the noise. So I recently drove up to where the blades were nearly overhead. As each blade passes overhead there is a noise like the sound of a Tesla passing you by on the road. A quiet Whooosh sound about one per second. That would be 20 rpm. You have to shut off your car engine to hear it overhead. I'm pretty sure it doesn't cause cancer. No more so than three Tesla's circling your house anyway.

A few years ago, I wanted to record one for a sound design project, and since there's a wind farm near my parents' house, I brought some of my gear with my on my annual pilgrimage back home. When we got to the windmills, they were so quiet, I didn't even bother unpacking. If I'd had a contact mic with me, I might have been able to get something from attaching directly to the mast, but otherwise, I had to strain just to hear it over the breeze and the birds. At least it was a nice drive out there.

• Useful
Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

tz620q

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
Carmel, IN
✟573,016.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
A few years ago, I wanted to record one for a sound design project, and since there's a wind farm near my parents' house, I brought some of my gear with my on my annual pilgrimage back home. When we got to the windmills, they were so quiet, I didn't even bother unpacking. If I'd had a contact mic with me, I might have been able to get something from attaching directly to the mast, but otherwise, I had to strain just to hear it over the breeze and the birds. At least it was a nice drive out there.
The original NASA MOD-0 design in the early 1970's for these large blade turbines was a downwind rotor. This created a simpler design that didn't need controls to face the blades upwind; but was a bad idea. The tower blocked or shadowed the wind when the blade passed behind it resulting in sudden load changes in the blade. It didn't take long for this mechanical high cyclical load to start producing cracking in the blade base. Luckily they stuck with it and came up with better designs in materials used in the blades as well as going to the current upwind design.

• Informative
Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi all,

Of course we all know that the purpose of this thread was to warn us that we can't trust anything that Pres. Biden tells us because he has told us of something that is coming...that is coming. Unlike the former guy who kept warning us of things that were coming...that weren't coming. Him you could trust?

God bless,
Ted

Upvote 0

VladTheEmailer

Jan 28, 2021
WI
✟36,558.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hi all,

Of course we all know that the purpose of this thread was to warn us that we can't trust anything that Pres. Biden tells us because he has told us of something that is coming...that is coming. Unlike the former guy who kept warning us of things that were coming...that weren't coming. Him you could trust?

God bless,
Ted
Although I don't agree with the OP's motive, I'm curious as to why nobody addressed how nonsensical Biden's statemen was.

I was also wondering, what is coming?

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

Can you imagine that. I mean even if it were true, regular wind mills etc. with their 10-20 feet blades (my guess) are suppose to be notorious for killing eagles and other endangered birds who aren't use to/don't undestand these new contraptions being in their environment. Can you imagine that getting better if you super size them?

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟698,892.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Can you imagine that. I mean even if it were true, regular wind mills etc. with their 10-20 feet blades (my guess) are suppose to be notorious for killing eagles and other endangered birds who aren't use to/don't undestand these new contraptions being in their environment. Can you imagine that getting better if you super size them?

Picture windmills as tall as a 42 story building.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hi @Pavel Mosko

If dead animals is a good reason to be against some technology, we'd need to get rid of motor vehicles immediately!!! Put them on full lock down right now!!!!! Dead deer, moose, squirrels, cats, dogs, raccoons, armadillos, turtles and just about everything else that moves upon the earth.

I haven't yet seen wind turbines with piles of dead animals laying about their base. We should also rethink our use of air travel. They often kill birds by smashing against the windscreen or being sucked up into the engine.

Just for some comparison, although exact data is difficult to find, it is estimated that with the current number of turbines deployed we lose about 600,000 birds/year. On our highways, we lose about 41 million squirrels, 26 million cats, 22 million rats, 19 million opossums, 15 million raccoons, 6 million dogs, and 350,000 deer

Let's get rid of the cars first!

God bless,
Ted

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

HI @hislegacy

You aren't picturing big enough. There is currently in place a wind turbine off the coast of the Netherlands that has these football field size blades. GE Renewable Energy’s wind turbine is nearly 900 ft. tall and each blade is more than 300 ft. long, which means each blade is almost a football field in length.

The words that Pres. Biden spoke about coming wind turbine technology are already true. The technology just hasn't spread across the globe yet. According to: The World's Biggest Wind Turbine Starts Generating Enough Electricity To Power 30,000 Homes
a single turbine of this size can produce enough power to run 30,000 homes.

GE-Haliade-1024x576.jpg

God bless,
Ted

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

Oh my. That almost is like a scene from one of those Space Science fiction movies, where a spaceship like the Millennium Falcon arrives on a new planet!

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟698,892.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
HI @hislegacy

You aren't picturing big enough. There is currently in place a wind turbine off the coast of the Netherlands that has these football field size blades. GE Renewable Energy’s wind turbine is nearly 900 ft. tall and each blade is more than 300 ft. long, which means each blade is almost a football field in length.

The words that Pres. Biden spoke about coming wind turbine technology are already true. The technology just hasn't spread across the globe yet. According to: The World's Biggest Wind Turbine Starts Generating Enough Electricity To Power 30,000 Homes
a single turbine of this size can produce enough power to run 30,000 homes.

GE-Haliade-1024x576.jpg

God bless,
Ted

HI @miamited

Here is from your link:

The most powerful offshore wind turbine ever made, the Haliade-X 12 MW, is currently generating energy off the coast of the Netherlands, and sending power to Eneco, the Dutch utility. For now, this wind turbine is just a prototype, but seeing as it’s proven successful to generate more power than the average smaller wind turbines, there will be more of them built soon.
Keeping with the OP -

Where off the coast of Colorado do you envision this prototype being built? Do you know why this was not built on land?

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Uh Colorado has a coast? You mean California? Or is this at some kind of big lake in Colorado that generates wind?

ah lol it helps to read the next line.... :) (later edit)

Doesn't that make things better, I mean a normal wind mill is good at killing eagles, condors, vultures etc. if we build a giant one out at sea wont that maybe help us kill some whales, dolphins, maybe some sharks?

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟698,892.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
HI @miamited

Here is from your link:

The most powerful offshore wind turbine ever made, the Haliade-X 12 MW, is currently generating energy off the coast of the Netherlands, and sending power to Eneco, the Dutch utility. For now, this wind turbine is just a prototype, but seeing as it’s proven successful to generate more power than the average smaller wind turbines, there will be more of them built soon.
Keeping with the OP -

Where off the coast of Colorado do you envision this prototype being built? Do you know why this was not built on land?

Oh and @miamited for just the homes in Denver alone, they would need a minimum of 35 of these beauties. That doesn't include what would be needed for all the businesses and industries.

Upvote 0