United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Siemens Gamesa SG 8.0-167 DD offshore wind turbine - Blade length: 81.4 m

There could be designs for 100 meter. Would that offend you if there was?

sgre_udg_web-graphics_636-part2_3.png

• Informative
Reactions: Yarddog
Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hey @hislegacy

From the looks of the evidence that has been provided in response to your question, I don't see why anything in this statement by Pres. Biden would make you think that you can't believe anything the man says. There are wind turbines in use right now today with individual blade lengths that are about 100 yards in length. When you put these devices out at sea, you can go pretty high and don't have to worry much about span lengths being in the way of things happening above and below them.

According to Windpower monthly:

While LM Wind Power's 107-metre blade is currently the longest in the world, longer blades are being designed. Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy's 14MW turbine will use 108-metre blades, and Danish turbine giant Vestas is due to unveil a new double-digit-MW turbine that could feature similarly sized blades.

So, according to this article, 100 yard turbine blades aren't likely to be the longest for long. The longer you can make the blade, the more energy you can produce from the dynamo that the turbine drives.

God bless,
Ted

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Siemens Gamesa SG 8.0-167 DD offshore wind turbine - Blade length: 81.4 m

There could be designs for 100 meter. Would that offend you if there was?

From the Link:

Biden after touring wildfire damage in Colorado that destroyed more than 1,000 homes: “We’re gonna have windmills, you’re gonna see that have 100-yard wingspans, each, each propeller on that on that windmill, 100 yards long. So there’s so much that’s going to be able to be done.”
Where in Colorado do you think he plans on putting up off shore windmills.

Context is everything.

Here is where joe's defenders will say he wasn't talking about Colorado with no links or proof.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hey @hislegacy

From the looks of the evidence that has been provided in response to your question, I don't see why anything in this statement by Pres. Biden would make you think that you can't believe anything the man says. There are wind turbines in use right now today with individual blade lengths that are about 100 yards in length. When you put these devices out at sea, you can go pretty high and don't have to worry much about span lengths being in the way of things happening above and below them.

According to Windpower monthly:

While LM Wind Power's 107-metre blade is currently the longest in the world, longer blades are being designed. Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy's 14MW turbine will use 108-metre blades, and Danish turbine giant Vestas is due to unveil a new double-digit-MW turbine that could feature similarly sized blades.

So, according to this article, 100 yard turbine blades aren't likely to be the longest for long. The longer you can make the blade, the more energy you can produce from the dynamo that the turbine drives.

God bless,
Ted

Sorry, I just do not have the time or want to answer you. If in the future you actually respond to a question, I might engage. Until then - it's just a waste of my time attempting to participate in a one sided conversation. .

Oh, and before you think or say I am upset or offended - I'm not. It is actually a refreshing change and I am loving it.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi again @hislegacy

Here's a pretty neat youtube vid showing the making and delivering and installing the super long blades.

BTW 107 meters converts to 351 feet. So, these blades are already longer than a football playing field, not including the end zones which add another 60 feet. But it's getting mighty close. Only short by about the length of a 2x4x8.

God bless,
Ted

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
From the Link:

Biden after touring wildfire damage in Colorado that destroyed more than 1,000 homes: “We’re gonna have windmills, you’re gonna see that have 100-yard wingspans, each, each propeller on that on that windmill, 100 yards long. So there’s so much that’s going to be able to be done.”
Where in Colorado do you think he plans on putting up off shore windmills.

Context is everything.

Here is where you say joe's defenders will say he wasn't talking about Colorado with no links or proof.
In Colorado they use land based farms on ridges and on the plains.
You should visit. Take notes.

1l-image-214.jpg

CO-Wind-e1531697033211-1030x514.jpg

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi again @hislegacy

I'm fine with your not answering me, since there really isn't any answer you can give except, "Oh, I see." In the video statement by Pres. Biden, he never makes clear that he's talking about wind turbines in Colorado, but again, there's no reason that they can't be put there. Colorado has a lot of areas that are not subject to tornados, which might damage a turbine. All you really need is a spread of land that will provide at least a 200 yard buffer zone in case one might topple. I'm pretty sure that if we can build buildings that reach over half a mile into the sky, sticking a wind turbine post up that's 150 yards wouldn't be a problem.

The green technology for production of electricity is really becoming quite amazing.

God bless,
Ted

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

1l-image-214.jpg

CO-Wind-e1531697033211-1030x514.jpg

How many of those have propellers that are as long as a football field?

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hi @hislegacy

Well, probably none. But Pres. Biden's comments weren't concerning current technology as to the blade lengths. He's saying that "we're going to see..." He's telling those people about all of this new technology that is coming on line.

No response needed or an explanation as to why you won't be responding.

God bless,
Ted

• Winner
Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Here is where joe's defenders will say he wasn't talking about Colorado with no links or proof.

Hi @hislegacy

Well, probably none. But Pres. Biden's comments weren't concerning current technology as to the blade lengths. He's saying that "we're going to see..." He's telling those people about all of this new technology that is coming on line.

No response needed or an explanation as to why you won't be responding.

God bless,
Ted

point, set, match

• Winner
Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
point, set, match

Hi @hislegacy

For the record, I didn't say that he wasn't talking about Colorado. I said that he didn't make clear that he was talking about wind turbines in Colorado. If it makes you feel better about yourself that you won, I'm perfectly willing to allow you to believe that you did. One day, you're liable to be standing in awe out in some place in Colorado looking up and saying, "Wow! He was telling the truth!"

“We’re gonna have windmills, you’re gonna see that have 100-yard wingspans, each, each propeller on that on that windmill, 100 yards long. So there’s so much that’s going to be able to be done.”

All of that statement infers a time in the future...not today. We're gonna have. Not, there are. You're gonna see. Not, you can see. There's so much more that's going to be able to be done. Not, so much has already been done.

God bless,
Ted

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Hi @hislegacy

For the record, I didn't say that he wasn't talking about Colorado. I said that he didn't make clear that he was talking about wind turbines in Colorado. If it makes you feel better about yourself that you won, I'm perfectly willing to allow you to believe that you did. One day, you're liable to be standing in awe out in some place in Colorado looking up and saying, "Wow! He was telling the truth!"

“We’re gonna have windmills, you’re gonna see that have 100-yard wingspans, each, each propeller on that on that windmill, 100 yards long. So there’s so much that’s going to be able to be done.”

All of that statement infers a time in the future...not today. We're gonna have. Not, there are. You're gonna see. Not, you can see. There's so much more that's going to be able to be done. Not, so much has already been done.

God bless,
Ted

I got it the first time. Thanks

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟791,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

Pffft..

Texas leads the United States in wind energy generation and its no competition. Texas produces more energy than the next 3 states combined. In fact, if Texas was its own country, it would still be 4th in the world in wind energy generation

Texas Leads the Nation in Wind Energy - Compare Electricity

Thank Conservatives. Oh...wait....that's right...Texas isn't tied into the national grid. NVM.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

The longest blade turbine is still sitting in the factory at 107 meters length.
Just what he said in the speech, but longer.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
From the Link:
Where in Colorado do you think he plans on putting up off shore windmills?​

On Land.

Upvote 0