Jul 5, 2014
✟570,626.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
SO the people that lived ceded their land to GB for no compensation or did GB simply take what the people could not defend? Like they did in the USA, Africa, and Asia? IMO a land does not belong to you because you have the guns to take it. That would be stealing. Which of course is not unprecedented. I just think it's wrong to steal.
After all these posts... explaining the events that lead up to Israel being given the land... you still don't get it.

Let me ask you... Do the Arabs belong in the Gaza Strip? Israel gave it to them... Who's toy was that? Who had the right? What do you tell the Israeli's that were uprooted there?

Land has changed hands since the beginning of time, in many ways. Some peaceful.. some violently..
You will never have 100% of the population of the world in agreement.

Just understand that Israel is a state... a country... a nation... a religion... a people and a race. You cannot say that about too many people..

They are where they are... God said that He would gather them back.... and... He did..

You better think twice before you try to take it from them... or give it away.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟725,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
You better think twice before you try to take it from them... or give it away.
I never said I want to take it away. I maintain that they took the land by force, displaced the local population, and offered no compensation. The same way the Brits did it all over the Commonwealth.

You're right it's nothing new. Kingdoms have taken other kingdoms since we fought with sticks and stones. I maintain that taking a land from a people is theft. Nothing we can do about it now but it was wrong when it happened. Actually, the right of return would be very helpful to healing that land.

They live on stolen land the same way all Americans do. Dominate the land, subdue it, and bend it to your will. On to the next land. Typical politics in certain cultures.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟725,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Name a culture who has not.
Certain cultures are known for taking everything that they could for as long as they could. Many cultures go to war with their neighbors but there is a particular kind that takes everything they can get wherever they can get it.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟689,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Certain cultures are known for taking everything that they could for as long as they could. Many cultures go to war with their neighbors but there is a particular kind that takes everything they can get wherever they can get it.

Same question. Name a culture that has not.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,626.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I never said I want to take it away. I maintain that they took the land by force,

Incorrect... it was given to them... the same way they gave Gaza to the Arabs..

displaced the local population, and offered no compensation.

Again, incorrect. There are still families that live in Israel from that time, that are Arab, that vote, go to school have religious freedom, hole political offices... The ones that ran were running for nothing.

The same way the Brits did it all over the Commonwealth.

The way it was done century after century after century.... Actually, one of the less brutal methods used.

You're right it's nothing new. Kingdoms have taken other kingdoms since we fought with sticks and stones. I maintain that taking a land from a people is theft. Nothing we can do about it now but it was wrong when it happened. Actually, the right of return would be very helpful to healing that land.

The right to return.. hmm.. just where do you start. That is a proposterous and impossible task.
How do you send everyone in North America back to where their ancestors came from?

Israel was a land that nobody used for anything.. It was unwanted and under developed... neglected.

Until the Brits gave it to the Jewish people... GAVE it.

They live on stolen land the same way all Americans do. Dominate the land, subdue it, and bend it to your will. On to the next land. Typical politics in certain cultures.

The same as every one today lives in land that their ancestors took. It's been going on for 6000 years.

But, you want to argue Israel? The one land that was predicted in the Biblical text to happen? The one that God said He would give back to His people.... You want to fight that one?

Tiny Israel....

Why not start with Australia... that's big.. really big... and just as stolen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums