Biden to resume building the wall.

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The wall was not being built before the election. They'd repaired a few sections of existing wall, but built almost nothing. There was no serious effort.
So you were told to believe. But MSN and the Biden administration seems to disagree.

Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟194,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
So you were told to believe. But MSN and the Biden administration seems to disagree.

I'm not sure where you're getting you're facts, but you're making false accusations about what I'm "told to believe."

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not sure where you're getting you're facts, but you're making false accusations about what I'm "told to believe."
The facts are provided in the OP if you ever decide to actually read it.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The wall was not being built before the election. They'd repaired a few sections of existing wall, but built almost nothing. There was no serious effort.

Replacing old barriers is more difficult, costly, and time consuming than building 'new' wall. Those stretches that were 'repaired' are in the most high illegal immigrant traffic areas and had to be dealt with first.

Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟194,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
So you must believe that Rep Omar is getting all worked up over nothing?

You seem to think it's fine to make assumptions about what I believe, or what I'm supposedly told to believe. I think she's likely over-reacting to clarifying information released by the White House.

Similarly, the $400k/$200K income tax clarification seems pretty clear to me, but conservatives sure are up in arms about it. When discussing tax-bracket-related matters, I tend to assume we're discussing MFJ unless otherwise indicated. In any event, overreaction by Biden's critics seems to be a common thing.

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You seem to think it's fine to make assumptions about what I believe, or what I'm supposedly told to believe. I think she's likely over-reacting to clarifying information released by the White House.
I am not making assumptions about what you believe. You very clearly stated that you believe that no new wall was built. My concern is not what you believe but why you believe it.

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You obviously don't know what any poster has been "told to believe" .....
It is clear that some posters on this thread are told to believe that no new wall was built on the border. Which seems to contradict the article in the OP and many congressmen who actually visited the border. The question becomes, if the posters were not told to believe no new wall was built, where and how did they come to that belief? Surely you are not suggesting that the posters somehow know better than Joe Biden and the elected officials?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟457,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Voters are responsible for the halt in wall construction (as well as the immigrant surge), not Trump.

Do you believe that the current surge would have happened if Trump had been reelected, regardless of the wall being unfinished?
Of course not. Biden literally invited people to surge the borders when he becomes president. Biden literally said in the first Democratic Debate that when he is president, immigrants should surge to the border.

"A video clipping of Biden speaking at a debate prior to general elections in 2019 clearly shows him say, 'Surge the borders.' "I would in fact make sure that there is immediately a surge to the border. They deserve to be heard. That's who we are. "We're a nation that says, 'You want to flee, and you're fleeing oppression, you should come,'" Biden had told during a debate moderated by Univision's Jorge Ramos in 2019."

Video here, if you want to see him say it. https://twitter.com/tomselliott/status/1372145222872928260

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟613,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Of course not. Biden literally invited people to surge the borders when he becomes president. Biden literally said in the first Democratic Debate that when he is president, immigrants should surge to the border.

"A video clipping of Biden speaking at a debate prior to general elections in 2019 clearly shows him say, 'Surge the borders.' "I would in fact make sure that there is immediately a surge to the border. They deserve to be heard. That's who we are. "We're a nation that says, 'You want to flee, and you're fleeing oppression, you should come,'" Biden had told during a debate moderated by Univision's Jorge Ramos in 2019."

Video here, if you want to see him say it. https://twitter.com/tomselliott/status/1372145222872928260
He also mentioned 'cages' in criticism I believe to the Trump admin. Wonder if he now regrets those words? Heck, I wonder if he even remembers saying them?

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Thanks. I have seen this several times.

Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟194,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It is clear that some posters on this thread are told to believe that no new wall was built on the border.

It's not a matter of belief; it's a matter of fact. Trump replaced and repaired some pre-existing wall. The amount of new wall built is practically nonexistent.
Which seems to contradict the article in the OP and many congressmen who actually visited the border. The question becomes, if the posters were not told to believe no new wall was built, where and how did they come to that belief?

Maybe they read and understood the difference between 'build' and 'repair'. If I patch a crack in the drywall of my house, I haven't built any houses.
Surely you are not suggesting that the posters somehow know better than Joe Biden and the elected officials?

Of course not, but we do know the difference between 'repair' and 'build'.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's not a matter of belief; it's a matter of fact. Trump replaced and repaired some pre-existing wall. The amount of new wall built is practically nonexistent.

Maybe they read and understood the difference between 'build' and 'repair'. If I patch a crack in the drywall of my house, I haven't built any houses.

Of course not, but we do know the difference between 'repair' and 'build'.

Are all those photos of miles and miles of new wall fake?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟194,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Are all those photos of miles and miles of new wall fake?

There are no such photos, unless you're referring to wall that was repaired or replaced. Or the insignificant amount of new wall which just barely qualifies as 'miles'. Depending on which source you read, it could be three miles. Or is it five? Seeing as how the border is 1954 miles long, Trump built new wall over 0.25% of it.

In four years.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
There are no such photos, unless you're referring to wall that was repaired or replaced. Or the insignificant amount of new wall which just barely qualifies as 'miles'.

What exactly is the problem with replacing old barriers with new ones in areas of high illegal traffic? And how much wall could have been built if not for obstructionists and naysayers?

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/national/immigration/border-wall-progress/
Trump has promised to build at least 500 miles of new fencing by early next year, and his administration has completed about 110 miles so far.

Now do you concede that your statements about "no new wall being built" is a lie? Because last I checked, 110 miles is not "practically nothing"

Upvote 0