Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Biden never pledged not to construct or improve physical barriers where necessary. Indeed, that has always been part of Democratic policy.

That's not what he led us to believe regarding Trump's wall.

Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟242,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Trump left a mess that needs to be tidied up. Half finished sections and other sections not connected to anything. Sections that were being repaired and upgraded left unfinished. Biden paused funding and construction as he said he would and waited for a review of the overall project(s). DHS had to determine how to move forward with what they had and they did that determining that certain sections needed to be completed and others that were completed but not connected to other sections needed to be connected which is likely cheaper than tearing down what was left unfinished.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Trump left a mess that needs to be tidied up. Half finished sections and other sections not connected to anything. Sections that were being repaired and upgraded left unfinished. Biden paused funding and construction as he said he would and waited for a review of the overall project(s). DHS had to determine how to move forward with what they had and they did that determining that certain sections needed to be completed and others that were completed but not connected to other sections needed to be connected which is likely cheaper than tearing down what was left unfinished.

Voters are responsible for the halt in wall construction (as well as the immigrant surge), not Trump.

Do you believe that the current surge would have happened if Trump had been reelected, regardless of the wall being unfinished?

• Useful
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Trump left a mess that needs to be tidied up. Half finished sections and other sections not connected to anything. Sections that were being repaired and upgraded left unfinished.

:rolleyes:

Na, it was those who voted Trump out that left a mess.

Anything being done will always be in a state of undone, until it's done.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
This fellow, Biden, really seems uncertain of what he ought to do. And it's not just about the border.

Maybe he is faced with continually deciding between the conflicting demands of the different people who agreed to let him be the presidential nominee of his party so long as he didn't do too much thinking for himself.

Reactions: Kenny'sID
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Do you believe that the current surge would have happened if Trump had been reelected, regardless of the wall being unfinished?

Well, duh. Is the sun going to rise tomorrow? It's beyond questioning if the Trump policies concerning the border would have continued to provide more stability, had he been re-elected, than the chaos that we currently have there.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
:rolleyes:

Na, it was those who voted Trump out that left a mess.

Anything being done will always be in a state of undone, until it's done.

True, just look and any highway project before it's finished. Yikes! :eek:

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well, duh. Is the sun going to rise tomorrow? It's beyond questioning if the Trump policies concerning the border would have continued to provide more stability, had he been re-elected, than the chaos that we currently have there.

Perhaps Biden's voters should have considered that.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,064.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That's not what he led us to believe regarding Trump's wall.
That because you don't pay attention to anything , but right leaning news and right leaning people, that lie a lot. . During every presidential as far as I recall. They have been building walls or huge gates. Personally its a waist of money to me. If tunnels can be built. And many come by airplane. But, I guessing Trump is fine with them. Since they are his kind of people.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
We did, and rejected it. The situation at the border is a mess, and the Biden administration has yet to come to grips with it. But building a flimsy fence (not a wall) which can be cut through in a few minutes with a $49 reciprocating saw available at several convenient Home Depot stores just south of the border isn't a solution, either.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That because you don't pay attention to anything , but right leaning news and right leaning people, that lie a lot. . During every presidential as far as I recall. They have been building walls or huge gates. Personally its a waist of money to me. If tunnels can be built. And many come by airplane. But, I guessing Trump is fine with them. Since they are his kind of people.

The border authorities proclaim Trump's wall an overwhelming success...nuff said.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
We did, and rejected it. The situation at the border is a mess, and the Biden administration has yet to come to grips with it. But building a flimsy fence (not a wall) which can be cut through in a few minutes with a $49 reciprocating saw available at several convenient Home Depot stores just south of the border isn't a solution, either.

The wall has yet to be 'fitted out' with detection devices and other things.

Anyway the way to solve the border problems is to detain our drug addicts.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps, but the great majority of them seem to have been people who simply believed the lies about Trump or thought that his demeanor was more important than his effectiveness as President.

What they think now, in view of the mess created in only the past two months, I could only guess at. Possibly they aren't interested in politics anymore, the objective of Trump being booted from office one way or another having been accomplished.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,010.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The wall has yet to be 'fitted out' with detection devices and other things.
It's really about the funds that Congress appropriated specifically for the wall. Biden is determining how to use that money in the most effective way. What you have mentioned above is one place that money needs to be spent and well as finishing or plugging holes in the fence/wall itself.
I think that they are also trying to see if they can use that money for other things affecting the border crisis such as more judges, more HHS workers to get kids with family members, etc. I got that opinion from something I heard at a WH Press Briefing. Just the way Jen worded an answer gave me that impression.

Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's really about the funds that Congress appropriated specifically for the wall. Biden is determining how to use that money in the most effective way. What you have mentioned above is one place that money needs to be spent and well as finishing or plugging holes in the fence/wall itself.
I think that they are also trying to see if they can use that money for other things affecting the border crisis such as more judges, more HHS workers to get kids with family members, etc. I got that opinion from something I heard at a WH Press Briefing. Just the way Jen worded an answer gave me that impression.

I'm anxious to see what they consider the "root causes" of the problems at the border. We now have "root causes" and "equity" as Democrat issues.

• Informative
Reactions: KarateCowboy
Upvote 0