• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Biden to resume building the wall.

Discussion in 'News & Current Events (Articles Required)' started by OldWiseGuy, Apr 8, 2021.

1. OldWiseGuy

OldWiseGuy Wake me when it's soup. Supporter

+9,778
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Speedwell

Speedwell Well-Known Member

+17,214
    United States
    Other Religion
    Married
    Biden never pledged not to construct or improve physical barriers where necessary. Indeed, that has always been part of Democratic policy.

3. OldWiseGuy

+9,778
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    That's not what he led us to believe regarding Trump's wall.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. The IbanezerScrooge

The IbanezerScrooge I can't believe what I'm hearing...

+1,755
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Democrat
    Trump left a mess that needs to be tidied up. Half finished sections and other sections not connected to anything. Sections that were being repaired and upgraded left unfinished. Biden paused funding and construction as he said he would and waited for a review of the overall project(s). DHS had to determine how to move forward with what they had and they did that determining that certain sections needed to be completed and others that were completed but not connected to other sections needed to be connected which is likely cheaper than tearing down what was left unfinished.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. OldWiseGuy

+9,778
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    Voters are responsible for the halt in wall construction (as well as the immigrant surge), not Trump.

Do you believe that the current surge would have happened if Trump had been reelected, regardless of the wall being unfinished?

6. The IbanezerScrooge

The IbanezerScrooge I can't believe what I'm hearing...

+1,755
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Democrat
    Yes.

7. Kenny'sID

Kenny'sID Well-Known Member Supporter

+6,822
    Christian
    Single
    :rolleyes:

Na, it was those who voted Trump out that left a mess.

Anything being done will always be in a state of undone, until it's done.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
  8. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+29,326
    Anglican
    Married
    This fellow, Biden, really seems uncertain of what he ought to do. And it's not just about the border.

Maybe he is faced with continually deciding between the conflicting demands of the different people who agreed to let him be the presidential nominee of his party so long as he didn't do too much thinking for himself.

9. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+29,326
    Anglican
    Married
    Well, duh. Is the sun going to rise tomorrow? It's beyond questioning if the Trump policies concerning the border would have continued to provide more stability, had he been re-elected, than the chaos that we currently have there.

10. OldWiseGuy

+9,778
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    Possibly, because of the hurricanes and floods down there. It's a real mess.

11. OldWiseGuy

+9,778
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    True, just look and any highway project before it's finished. Yikes! :eek:

12. OldWiseGuy

+9,778
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    Perhaps Biden's voters should have considered that.

13. CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN I'm praying for my dad to get well.

+3,834
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    US-Others
    That because you don't pay attention to anything , but right leaning news and right leaning people, that lie a lot. . During every presidential as far as I recall. They have been building walls or huge gates. Personally its a waist of money to me. If tunnels can be built. And many come by airplane. But, I guessing Trump is fine with them. Since they are his kind of people.

14. Speedwell

Speedwell Well-Known Member

+17,214
    United States
    Other Religion
    Married
    We did, and rejected it. The situation at the border is a mess, and the Biden administration has yet to come to grips with it. But building a flimsy fence (not a wall) which can be cut through in a few minutes with a $49 reciprocating saw available at several convenient Home Depot stores just south of the border isn't a solution, either.

15. OldWiseGuy

+9,778
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    The border authorities proclaim Trump's wall an overwhelming success...nuff said.

16. OldWiseGuy

+9,778
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    The wall has yet to be 'fitted out' with detection devices and other things.

Anyway the way to solve the border problems is to detain our drug addicts.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  17. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+29,326
    Anglican
    Married
    Perhaps, but the great majority of them seem to have been people who simply believed the lies about Trump or thought that his demeanor was more important than his effectiveness as President.

What they think now, in view of the mess created in only the past two months, I could only guess at. Possibly they aren't interested in politics anymore, the objective of Trump being booted from office one way or another having been accomplished.

18. Jimmy D

Jimmy D Well-Known Member

+5,785
    Atheist
    Married
    Flipping heck, it’s always the blame game with you lot.

Not everything is so black and white.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  19. Hank77

Hank77 Well-Known Member Supporter

+13,173
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    It's really about the funds that Congress appropriated specifically for the wall. Biden is determining how to use that money in the most effective way. What you have mentioned above is one place that money needs to be spent and well as finishing or plugging holes in the fence/wall itself.
    I think that they are also trying to see if they can use that money for other things affecting the border crisis such as more judges, more HHS workers to get kids with family members, etc. I got that opinion from something I heard at a WH Press Briefing. Just the way Jen worded an answer gave me that impression.

20. OldWiseGuy

+9,778
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    I'm anxious to see what they consider the "root causes" of the problems at the border. We now have "root causes" and "equity" as Democrat issues.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List