Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
President Joe Biden has approved the deployment of hundreds of service members to Somalia to fight against al Shabab, an African-based al Qaeda affiliate.

Biden signed off on the order from Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin on Monday. It reverses a decision made by former President Donald Trump, who ordered the withdrawal of nearly all 700 troops stationed there in January 2021.
Biden greenlights plan to redeploy hundreds of troops to Somalia

That's right! Mr. Trump pulled them out of harms way and Joe puts them back in.

Remember Mr. Gates comment:

"I think he has been wrong on nearly every major foreign policy and national security issue over the past four decades."
He continues to this day.

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,233,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity

"I think he has been wrong on nearly every major foreign policy and national security issue over the past four decades."
But he's been on BOTH SIDES of most issues over that time. So which is it today? And tomorrow?

Reactions: Pavel Mosko
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,161.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I don't think it's bad policy to lend a reasonable amount of aid to those fighting terrorism on other continents.
Well in some cases it is not enough to sell or give weapons. Sometimes it is necessary to have them become beholden to their saviours. Look at china. They need not get involved anywhere by sending soldiers. They just call in debts all over the world in exchange for military bases and minerals.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟698,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, President Biden values human life regardless of race and ethnicity.

Evidently, just not our troops.

But hey! Let’s put them in harms way under ROE that will make them casualties.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟818,015.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
President Joe Biden has approved the deployment of hundreds of service members to Somalia to fight against al Shabab, an African-based al Qaeda affiliate.

Biden signed off on the order from Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin on Monday. It reverses a decision made by former President Donald Trump, who ordered the withdrawal of nearly all 700 troops stationed there in January 2021.
Biden greenlights plan to redeploy hundreds of troops to Somalia

That's right! Mr. Trump pulled them out of harms way and Joe puts them back in.

He continues to this day.
So. You are saying that Trump was wrong for leaving those troops in Somalia for the four years that he was President?

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟698,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So. You are saying that Trump was wrong for leaving those troops in Somalia for the four years that he was President?

It was joe's boss who sent them in - Trump pulls them out - joe send them back in and it is Trumps fault.

uh huh.

I am growing convinced that people just hate Trump so much there is virtually NOTHING he could do right. If he runs for office again and dies of a car accident half way in - they will call him a quitter who doesn't finish anything he starts.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟186,756.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It was joe's boss who sent them in - Trump pulls them out - joe send them back in and it is Trumps fault.

uh huh.

I am growing convinced that people just hate Trump so much there is virtually NOTHING he could do right. If he runs for office again and dies of a car accident half way in - they will call him a quitter who doesn't finish anything he starts.

Refresh my memory, but wasn't it Bill Clinton who sent troops into Somalia?

The movie Blackhawk Down was based on that, was it not?

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Refresh my memory, but wasn't it Bill Clinton who sent troops into Somalia?

The movie Blackhawk Down was based on that, was it not?

Yeah that sounds right, I thought black hawk down was set in 99, from the last time I watched it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟818,015.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

uh huh.

If Trump left those Troops exposed to danger for all of his presidency, then he is just as guilty as Obama and Biden. If Trump was correct in leaving them exposed to danger for four years then Obama and Biden are correct in what they do. I'm sorry that the logic fails you.

Upvote 0