keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,445.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Mr. Biden’s order negates an order from June 2020 that made it the policy of the United States to prosecute people to the “fullest extent” of the law if they damage or deface public property.

The date should be a clue to people. This was a very bad policy and even Trump was smart enough to know that. He did not issue it when he would be forced to either enforce it or get called for not enforcing it.

For example it is common practice to deface certain statues of rival schools. Heck technically toilet papering a statue would count. Should kids doing that be prosecuted to the "fullest extent" of the law if they happen to include a monument and skate with nothing worse than haveing to clean it up themselves otherwise?

Should USC students be prosecuted to the "fullest extent" of the law for painting the Bear on the UCLA campus cardinal and gold but UCLA students get a pass because Tommy Trojan is private property?

This sort of statement is bad pubilc policy period. It takes away the judgement that a decent prosecutor should use.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
The FBI isn't going to waste resources investigating a crime that they probably don't have jurisdiction over.

No need. I spent a week on Printz in law school. It's one of the first things you learn in Con Law. I also studied New York V. US, which was an earlier case that did the same thing as Printz, but for the legislature. Together they form what is known as the "anti-commandeering doctrine", which in a nutshell says that the feds can't force the states to do anything. Personally I think that New York V. US and Printz are both wrong from a legal-historical view, a textualist view, and a policy view, but I don't make the law and ideology often gets in way of what the most obvious ruling should be.

But neither case have anything to do with your claim that the FBI only has jurisdiction if granted it by the local sheriff. The so-called "Constitutional Sheriff" movement is only about 70 years old and has no legal or constitutional backing. Sheriff"

I got my cases mixed up. Both of these cases were, simultaneously, big points of discussion about ten years ago, among the liberty minded.

I was thinking of Sheriff Dave Mattis of Big Horn County, Wyoming Case # 96-CV099-J, U.S. District Court, District of Wyoming.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian