Biden raises eyebrows with remark contrasting African American, Latino diversity

Hank77

Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,099,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What do you mean attack? Did he or did he not say,

"And by the way, what you all know, but most people don’t know, unlike the African American community, with notable exceptions, the Latino community is an incredibly diverse community with incredibly different attitudes about different things.”

It's not a matter of attacking him. It's merely just reporting what he just said and asking does this sound reasonable? So black community aren't diverse in how they think too?
I think the next part of that statement may give it a little more clarity.

“By the way, what you all know, but most people don’t know, unlike the African American community, with notable exceptions, the Latino community is an incredibly diverse community with incredibly different attitudes about different things,” he claimed.

“You go to Florida, you find a very different attitude about immigration in certain places than you do when you’re in Arizona. So, it’s a very diverse community,” he continued.

So I think that most African Americans have a shared identity and a shared history in the US in most cases. However, Cuban Americans and Mexican Americans aren't as close in either of these. That isn't saying that all African Americans think alike on everything but they have much in common, more so than these two groups of Hispanic people. Because they don't have that shared identity and history in what is now the US they may have very different views on things such as immigration.

• Winner
Reactions: Quartermaine
Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
Just goes to show that lo' Joe, don't know.
Apparently there is no interest on the part of Republicans to remind Americans of the Trump Administration's
accomplishments over the past 4 years - which is the only compelling reason as to why he should be campaigning for a 2nd term!

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟213,723.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I think the next part of that statement may give it a little more clarity.

“By the way, what you all know, but most people don’t know, unlike the African American community, with notable exceptions, the Latino community is an incredibly diverse community with incredibly different attitudes about different things,” he claimed.

“You go to Florida, you find a very different attitude about immigration in certain places than you do when you’re in Arizona. So, it’s a very diverse community,” he continued.

So I think that most African Americans have a shared identity and a shared history in the US in most cases. However, Cuban Americans and Mexican Americans aren't as close in either of these. That isn't saying that all African Americans think alike on everything but they have much in common, more so than these two groups of Hispanic people. Because they don't have that shared identity and history in what is now the US they may have very different views on things such as immigration.

Joe had also said back in May that if a black person doesn't vote for him he's not black. Does that sound like he considers any diverse opinion that exists within a certain ethnicity? And doesn't that seek to strip from one their heritage that if they're somehow not on board with him that they're not in line with what their ethnicity should demand? If you don't accept me then forget about your heritage?

Biden apologizes for saying African Americans 'ain't black' if they back Trump re-election

Upvote 0

Hank77

Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,099,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Joe had also said back in May that if a black person doesn't vote for him he's not black. Does that sound like he considers any diverse opinion that exists within a certain ethnicity? And doesn't that seek to strip from one their heritage that if they're somehow not on board with him that they're not in line with what their ethnicity should demand? If you don't accept me then forget about your heritage?

Biden apologizes for saying African Americans 'ain't black' if they back Trump re-election
Did you see him when he said it? I think his remark was casual or giving a little push like saying black people should vote for him because he is on their side.
He said he shouldn't have been so cavalier. That adjective has several means depending on the context and I think that it was an offhanded statement.

• Agree
Reactions: childeye 2
Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟213,723.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Did you see him when he said it? I think his remark was casual or giving a little push like saying black people should vote for him because he is on their side.
He said he shouldn't have been so cavalier. That adjective has several means depending on the context and I think that it was an offhanded statement.

I actually do appreciate you're willing to do this for another human being.....you're wanting to give him the benefit of the doubt that his words had no intent of meaning a certain thing. I just wish the same allowance would go to Trump as well.....taking his words in their true context instead of people arbitrarily acting like GOD and judge the man that everything he says is some type of evil expression.

Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟73,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Your comment is disingenuous, as it attempts to assert President Trump made comments he never made. Here is the actual quote:

“When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending the best. They're not sending you, they're sending people that have lots of problems and they're bringing those problems. They're bringing drugs, they're bringing crime. They're rapists and some, I assume, are good people, but I speak to border guards and they're telling us what we're getting."

The phrase "they're sending people" is not an assertion all "Mexican immigrants," as you call them, are drug runners or rapist, but that within the group of "Mexican immigrants," as you call them, some of them are drug runners or rapist. And in that the President is absolutely correct.

"They're bringing drugs, they're bringing crime. They're rapists " Hey there it is right there. guess he did say it

Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟73,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I actually do appreciate you're willing to do this for another human being.....you're wanting to give him the benefit of the doubt that his words had no intent of meaning a certain thing. I just wish the same allowance would go to Trump as well.....taking his words in their true context instead of people arbitrarily acting like GOD and judge the man that everything he says is some type of evil expression.
not everything Trump says is evil. but a big percentage of what he does say is false and hateful and racist and twisted all to pander to the hate and fear of so many of his supporters.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟213,723.00
Faith
Non-Denom
not everything Trump says is evil. but a big percentage of what he does say is false and hateful and racist .......

Sorry but I don't buy the racist claim about Trump. If you're talking about words he said about illegal immigration I think many of those words have been taken out of context.

Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟200,758.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You got my attention by saying this, "I actually do appreciate you're willing to do this for another human being.....you're wanting to give him the benefit of the doubt that his words had no intent of meaning a certain thing".

Exactly what do you think Joe was meaning?

And while you're at it please tell me whether Trump is saying whether we're getting good or bad people according to what he claims the border guards are saying: "They're rapists and some, I assume, are good people, but I speak to border guards and they're telling us what we're getting." Because I notice that not only does Trump intend for me to take his word for it that border guards can spot a rapist, but it's portrayed as his assumption that some people are good, which is neither definitive nor based on what he's being told.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟276,939.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
The Dems have apparently come to the conclusion that the reason Hillary Clinton lost the 2016 presidential election is because she could put two coherent sentences together... they're determined not to make that mistake again.

Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟73,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Sorry but I don't buy the racist claim about Trump. If you're talking about words he said about illegal immigration I think many of those words have been taken out of context.

Trumps racist opinions have their own section in wikipedia.

One of my favorites: In a meeting with lawmakers in the Oval Office in January 2018, Trump argued against restoring protections for immigrants from Haiti and African nations, “Why are we having all these people from s***hole countries come here? We should have more people from places like Norway.”

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟200,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The real question is why Trump and his supporters have been forced to work overtime inventing personal attacks against their opponent when any other incumbent President would be running on their record of accomplishments!

These repeated attacks on Biden, merely emphasizes the fact that they are intended to divert attention away from Trump's 4 year record and lack of accomplishments!
What? after 4 years of attacks on Trump, would anyone not expect Biden to catch a few rounds.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟96,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
You can show the whole thing, it still meant that the people coming across the border were bad people with the exception of some. It was a horrible prejudice on display, the United States has become "a dumping ground for the rest of the world".

That's what illegal immigration is. A dumping of people here illegally.

My great grandfathers on both sides of my family immigrated here legally. They came through Ellis Island. They went through the application process to come here. They willingly integrated with American culture and society. They played by all the rules. They were truly legal immigrants. They didn't sneak across the borders of the US. They didn't break US laws to get here. Instead they respected US law.

I'm the 2nd generation of my family born here in the US. My great grandparents and grandparents were born outside the US. I'm the first generation of our family who grew up speaking English at home. My parents grew up speaking the language of our ancestors. They learned English in school. I know what my parents, grandparents, and great grandparents thought of the privilege my great grandparents had to come here even though it was a big time struggle. They weren't rich when they came. They had sold all they possessed just to pay the immigration fees and pay their way here.

I'm proud of my family for doing things the right way. I'm proud of them for working hard to improve themselves. And I do not like it when people think they have a "right" to break the laws of the US and go on government assistance as a "reward" for breaking our laws. My great grandparents, grandparents, and parents would turn over in their graves knowing that the price they paid for coming here is now spat upon by illegal immigrants and people like you.

I'm not anti-immigrant. I'm anti-illegal immigrant. I'm anti anyone who thinks they are entitled to break our laws, violate our borders, and make US citizens pay for their usurped entitlements.

Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟73,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
That's what illegal immigration is. A dumping of people here illegally.

My great grandfathers on both sides of my family immigrated here legally. They came through Ellis Island. They went through the application process to come here. They willingly integrated with American culture and society. They played by all the rules. They were truly legal immigrants. They didn't sneak across the borders of the US. They didn't break US laws to get here. Instead they respected US law.

I'm the 2nd generation of my family born here in the US. My great grandparents and grandparents were born outside the US. I'm the first generation of our family who grew up speaking English at home. My parents grew up speaking the language of our ancestors. They learned English in school. I know what my parents, grandparents, and great grandparents thought of the privilege my great grandparents had to come here even though it was a big time struggle. They weren't rich when they came. They had sold all they possessed just to pay the immigration fees and pay their way here.

I'm proud of my family for doing things the right way. I'm proud of them for working hard to improve themselves. And I do not like it when people think they have a "right" to break the laws of the US and go on government assistance as a "reward" for breaking our laws. My great grandparents, grandparents, and parents would turn over in their graves knowing that the price they paid for coming here is now spat upon by illegal immigrants and people like you.

I'm not anti-immigrant. I'm anti-illegal immigrant. I'm anti anyone who thinks they are entitled to break our laws, violate our borders, and make US citizens pay for their usurped entitlements.

95ed83002e41dcf593a02c7c8f459320.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
What? after 4 years of attacks on Trump, would anyone not expect Biden to catch a few rounds.
Trump supporters want to "hijack" the political agenda and make it about Biden's mental fitness or his comments concerning "Black" Americans!

With 5 million testing positive for COVID-19, 160,000 deaths, over 1 million registering for unemployment for each of the last 20 weeks and millions of Americans having lost their benefits through no fault of their own, there is no shortage of pressing issues -- this President and his supporters are desperately trying to avoid acknowledging each and every one of them!

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟200,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Trump supporters want to "hijack" the political agenda and make it about Biden's mental fitness or his comments concerning "Black" Americans!

With 5 million testing positive for COVID-19, 160,000 deaths, over 1 million registering for unemployment for each of the last 20 weeks and millions of Americans having lost their benefits through no fault of their own, there is no shortage of pressing issues -- this President and his supporters are desperately trying to avoid acknowledging each and every one of them!
Let me make this clear Trump supporters are too intelligent to blame Trump for Covid-19. Having cleared that up I cannot wait for the debates if for no other reason than to see just what Biden supporters are going to do when they discover the real Joe.

Upvote 0