Biden not wearing mask on federal property? Oops.

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,833.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
Oy vey.

Okay, let's go over a couple of things.

First, the EO he issued was largely a formality. It was already required to wear masks at the Lincoln Memorial, he just made it official.

Second, what that picture doesn't show you is that Biden wasn't wearing it in front of the statue of Lincoln, and that Amazing Grace was playing. Since there are plenty of photos of him at this event with a mask, it's reasonable to assume he took off in this moment out of a sign of respect.

But go ahead. Have your moment.

Upvote 0

GreekOrthodox

Psalti Chrysostom
Oct 25, 2010
Yorktown VA
✟176,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Okay, this is idiotic. Biden is standing by himself. I work on federal property and I have a private office. If I'm in my office by myself, I don't need to wear a mask. I am in an isolated hallway and I walk to throw something in the trash can, I dont need to put on my mask. If someone is in that hallway, I put one on. How about the idiots that threatened one the police officers that a mask violates their freedom and threatened to bring his "second amendment buddies" to show this "rent-a-cop" freedom. Oh, yeah, now I remember. He was immediately arrested and is now facing FEDERAL charges.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here's Biden not wearing a mask on federal property just hours after signing a mandate requiring masks be worn on federal property

In one of his first acts as President, Joe Biden signed an executive order, requiring masks on federal property. He's also challenging all Americans to wear one for the next 100 days.
They seem to have missed this part in the order in their eagerness for the "gottcha!" headline huh?
Such measures include wearing masks when around others,
Executive Order on Protecting the Federal Workforce and Requiring Mask-Wearing | The White House
tulc(just a thought) :wave:

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
  • Haha
Reactions: Elliewaves
Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Does anyone wear a mask when they're alone? Does anyone wear a mask when they're asleep (aside from CPAP users)? Remember, the White House -- Federal property -- is now the Bidens' home for the next eight years. I'm sure that they won't be wearing masks 24/7 in their own residence. (Do you?)

If this is the best that you can come up with regarding Joe Biden, I'd say we're in great hands.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He wasn’t around others? Someone took the picture.
...didn't watch the video included in your link huh? Because if you did you'd see it was taken from about 20+ feet away from him.
tulc(is just sayn')

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Does anyone wear a mask when they're alone? Does anyone wear a mask when they're asleep (aside from CPAP users)? Remember, the White House -- Federal property -- is now the Bidens' home for the next eight years. I'm sure that they won't be wearing masks 24/7 in their own residence. (Do you?)

If this is the best that you can come up with regarding Joe Biden, I'd say we're in great hands.
The best? Not yet. But I’m glad to see the Left making excuses for him already.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
...didn't watch the video included in your link huh? Because if you did you'd see it was taken from about 20+ feet away from him.
tulc(is just sayn')
That’s just as arbitrary as 6 feet.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,190,463.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The president should be scrupulous in abiding by the rules of his order and avoid situations were the appearance he is running afoul of them could be the take away.

There, now carry on with the gotcha.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
...and the right jumping back into "tan suit scandal's" already.
8108a67f52ba6f860d66f833fce46e5558-19-barack-obama-tan-suit.rsquare.w700.jpg

tulc(see's all is right with the world again)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Not excuses, just responses to unjust, absurd, silly attacks on the US President.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Here’s the order

“Accordingly, to protect the Federal workforce and individuals interacting with the Federal workforce, and to ensure the continuity of Government services and activities, on-duty or on-site Federal employees, on-site Federal contractors, and other individuals in Federal buildings and on Federal lands should all wear masks, maintain physical distance, and adhere to other public health measures, as provided in CDC guidelines.”

There’s nothing about only wearing masks when in close proximity to others.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Not excuses, just responses to unjust, absurd, silly attacks on the US President.
That’s not how it works. When the roles were reversed, the right was accused of making excuses.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here’s the order

“Accordingly, to protect the Federal workforce and individuals interacting with the Federal workforce, and to ensure the continuity of Government services and activities, on-duty or on-site Federal employees, on-site Federal contractors, and other individuals in Federal buildings and on Federal lands should all wear masks, maintain physical distance, and adhere to other public health measures, as provided in CDC guidelines.”

There’s nothing about only wearing masks when in close proximity to others.
uhmmm...no this is the full text of the order:
Section 1. Policy. It is the policy of my Administration to halt the spread of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) by relying on the best available data and science-based public health measures. Such measures include wearing masks when around others, physical distancing, and other related precautions recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Put simply, masks and other public health measures reduce the spread of the disease, particularly when communities make widespread use of such measures, and thus save lives.

Accordingly, to protect the Federal workforce and individuals interacting with the Federal workforce, and to ensure the continuity of Government services and activities, on-duty or on-site Federal employees, on-site Federal contractors, and other individuals in Federal buildings and on Federal lands should all wear masks, maintain physical distance, and adhere to other public health measures, as provided in CDC guidelines.
Executive Order on Protecting the Federal Workforce and Requiring Mask-Wearing | The White House
tulc(hopes that clears up the apparent confusion)

Upvote 0