loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
1) Trump is gone.

2) The vaccine has been available for Biden's entire term.

3) The US is 41st in having its citizens fully vaccinated.

4) Over 95% of COVID deaths are among the unvaccinated.

5) Hospitals are under emergency situations in many states, denying treatment to many non-COVID patients.

6) 25% of the country refuses to be vaccinated, and the citizens in the states with low vaccination rates continue to die in large numbers, and to occupy almost all the ICU beds.

CONCLUSION
Biden isn't doing enough to get citizens vaccinated. Other leaders and countries failed last year, some as badly as we did. HOWEVER, their vaccination rates are now much higher than ours. Leaders all over the world have figured this out. Biden and the US are failing badly.

A) Masks are a short term minor help. The issue is vaccinations.

B) Biden has a choice. He can replicate Reagan's attitude toward AIDs; after all it is primarily Republicans and their children who are dying. Or, he can bite the bullet and take the political consequences for enforcing much stronger policies nationwide, As Obama did with the passage of Obamacare.

C) Biden apparently has a higher priority for his $6T or so of his social agenda (the stimulus, the physical infrastructure bill, and the $3.5T omnibus bill).
EXAMPLE: OSHA is yet to issue its COVID rule.

======================
IN MY OPINION, THE PRIORITIES SHOULD BE
1) Keeping the government running and the debt ceiling approved
2) COVID
3) Voting rights
4) The bipartisan infrastructure bill (highway funds will end on September 30.
5) The $1T-$6T Sanders set of priorities.

so the fact that majority of those issues are with republicans...is some how a democrats fault, and not the republican that polarized the whole pandemic to get votes?

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Biden should be mandating vaccines to some extent but is not doing so to appease Republicans and his fellow conservatives. He thinks that he can work with them but even when he capitulates to them they lambaste him and give him no credit for anything. Rather than waste time trying to please the people who have already decided they will never be (or admit to be) pleased with him he should do what's best for the entire population and issue mandates that require vaccinations.

He doesn't understand that the people who are against him will never, ever give him credit or be for him in any way for anything. He needs to put them aside and do what's right for everyone, even if they are complaining, even if he has to force people to do what's best for them against their understanding.

It's like giving medicine to a child who doesn't know or understand it - they wil fight and screm and get mad but the parent knows it's right for them and has a duty as a parent to do what's right rather than capitulate to their child's tantrum over something the child doesn't really understand.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What are you talking about?

The vaccinated still get infected and vaccine efficacy goes down dramatically at 6 months.

Currently there's no scenario where vaccines end Covid. What you have is a temporary bandage.
The vaccinated are many times more protected than the unvaccinated.

The vaccines protect 90% against transmission ... and almost 100% against serious illness. As such, the vaccines are doing as well or better than any other vaccine in our history.

In contrast, the unvaccinated have 0% protection against contracting COVID.

Many vaccines require boosters to maintain (or boost) efficacy. The COVID vaccinations will end COVID in the very same way that past vaccines ended smallpox and polio. That is, by lowering the R-value of the virus' reproducibility to below 1 ... where it eventually fades ... because it can't infect enough people.

• Agree
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Biden should be mandating vaccines to some extent but is not doing so to appease Republicans and his fellow conservatives. He thinks that he can work with them but even when he capitulates to them they lambaste him and give him no credit for anything. Rather than waste time trying to please the people who have already decided they will never be (or admit to be) pleased with him he should do what's best for the entire population and issue mandates that require vaccinations.

He doesn't understand that the people who are against him will never, ever give him credit or be for him in any way for anything. He needs to put them aside and do what's right for everyone, even if they are complaining, even if he has to force people to do what's best for them against their understanding.

It's like giving medicine to a child who doesn't know or understand it - they wil fight and screm and get mad but the parent knows it's right for them and has a duty as a parent to do what's right rather than capitulate to their child's tantrum over something the child doesn't really understand.
I wonder if any more can be done.

I don't think that forced medical treatment has ever been allowed in the US.

Politically, some believe that the country needs, at least, two viable parties. Biden seems to be among those who are trying to rescue the Republican party from itself. It's yet to be seen whether he and his co-horts will be successful in this ...

Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
1) Trump is gone.

5) Hospitals are under emergency situations in many states, denying treatment to many non-COVID patients.

6) 25% of the country refuses to be vaccinated, and the citizens in the states with low vaccination rates continue to die in large numbers, and to occupy almost all the ICU beds.

CONCLUSION
Biden isn't doing enough to get citizens vaccinated. Other leaders and countries failed last year, some as badly as we did. HOWEVER, their vaccination rates are now much higher than ours. Leaders all over the world have figured this out. Biden and the US are failing badly.

A) Masks are a short term minor help. The issue is vaccinations.

B) Biden has a choice. He can replicate Reagan's attitude toward AIDs; after all it is primarily Republicans and their children who are dying. Or, he can bite the bullet and take the political consequences for enforcing much stronger policies nationwide, As Obama did with the passage of Obamacare.

C) Biden apparently has a higher priority for his $6T or so of his social agenda (the stimulus, the physical infrastructure bill, and the $3.5T omnibus bill).
EXAMPLE: OSHA is yet to issue its COVID rule.

======================
IN MY OPINION, THE PRIORITIES SHOULD BE
1) Keeping the government running and the debt ceiling approved
2) COVID
3) Voting rights
4) The bipartisan infrastructure bill (highway funds will end on September 30.
5) The $1T-$6T Sanders set of priorities.
To be fair you can’t blame Mr Biden for a lot of Americans being stupid. That’s a pre existing condition.

• Winner
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
If Portugal can have 85% of its citizens fully vaccinated, then
Why? Americans seem dead set on dying in droves.

When told to do something to not die many Americans reply with a firm ‘no’.

Upvote 0

Mayzoo

Jun 17, 2004
✟205,137.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I keep reading about youtube censoring videos. Why in the world would anyone want to get medical information from a social media video or text website? Medical information needs to be obtained from a medical site, journal, doctor etc. It should never be gotten from a social video platform, politician, news, social media website, etc.

These are life, death and long-term disability choices. Please get your medical information to make these choices from a medical source.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why? Americans seem dead set on dying in droves.

When told to do something to not die many Americans reply with a firm ‘no’.
Americans are too superficial. Their view is ... If I can't see it, ... it doesn't exist.

Americans are also selfish. If it doesn't touch me personally, I really don't care ...

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I keep reading about youtube censoring videos. Why in the world would anyone want to get medical information from a social media video or text website? Medical information needs to be obtained from a medical site, journal, doctor etc. It should never be gotten from a social video platform, politician, news, social media website, etc.

These are life, death and long-term disability choices. Please get your medical information to make these choices from a medical source.
No ... everybody should be listened to ... regardless of their qualifications.

And even for that slim minority of doctors who don't agree with the medical concensus, one must ask why their view is not more accepted ...

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I wonder if any more can be done.

I don't think that forced medical treatment has ever been allowed in the US.

Politically, some believe that the country needs, at least, two viable parties. Biden seems to be among those who are trying to rescue the Republican party from itself. It's yet to be seen whether he and his co-horts will be successful in this ...
I think it can be tried.

But I think rather than directly mandate getting the vaccine he can mandate the strictest limitations on the unvaccinated wherever the Federal government has that kind of authority. Kind of like New York has done. For example, starting today, NY teachers who are not vaccinated will receive disciplinary action up to and including termination. Those who are terminated from this point onwards and do not have a valid, doctor-approved reason for not getting the vaccine will be denied unemployment benefits.

There needs to be tough consequences on those who prefer their freedom to not be vaccinated.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I think like with Wikipedia it can be a good start, but have to be careful to vet what you get.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think it can be tried.

But I think rather than directly mandate getting the vaccine he can mandate the strictest limitations on the unvaccinated wherever the Federal government has that kind of authority. Kind of like New York has done. For example, starting today, NY teachers who are not vaccinated will receive disciplinary action up to and including termination. Those who are terminated from this point onwards and do not have a valid, doctor-approved reason for not getting the vaccine will be denied unemployment benefits.

There needs to be tough consequences on those who prefer their freedom to not be vaccinated.

My province has a vaccine passport, BC so it will be interesting to see how it goes, though it's fairly limited, you have to have a passport to say eat in a resteraunt, but not to get takeout, though it appears if you wait IN the resteraunt you do. It's fairly laxed, but still important step. Were in phase 1 where you need 1 shot, and need 2 after October 13th.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
My province has a vaccine passport, BC so it will be interesting to see how it goes, though it's fairly limited, you have to have a passport to say eat in a resteraunt, but not to get takeout, though it appears if you wait IN the resteraunt you do. It's fairly laxed, but still important step. Were in phase 1 where you need 1 shot, and need 2 after October 13th.
For the passport to be up-to-date you mean.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
1) Trump is gone.

CONCLUSION
Biden isn't doing enough to get citizens vaccinated.

I am usually on "the right" side of political issues - but this is the part of the topic that I agree with in the quote above. (And it doesn't hurt a bit that TRUMP is the one that ensured we got to Vaccine ready status as fast as we did).

In my area the ICUs are full of COVID unvaccinated and the Emergency Rooms are now getting space co-opted out to ICU as overflow for what is essentially the COVID unvaccinated.

It is interesting that a very large perecent of the COVID unvaccinated that end up in ICU quickly change to a "O how I now wish I had gotten vaccinated" POV.

The more people see how unvaccinated patients are quickly changing over to pro-vaccine POV and learn what this doing to healthcare capacity to handle every day E.R. issues like car wrecks , heart attacks etc, the more people may want to re-think their POV.

Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟457,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Tough cookies. If everyone got vaccinated, the pandemic would be over. The pandemic is optional at this point.

The Pro-Covid crowd is choosing to keep the pandemic going.
In reality, vaccinating everyone would not help; herd immunity would help (and millions are already immune- they are not in the hospital, like the breakthrough and unvaccinated).

If the early cases had been treated with anything and everything to nip it in the bud like antivirals and antibiotics instead of left to die, and if thousands were not sent home from the hospitals without treatment and told to come back when they could not breathe, because the doctors were ordered not to use HCQ or anything else that might work, we'd be done already.

I suspect history is going to demonstrate that we did exactly the opposite thing of what we should have done because there was big money to be made and control to wrest over the population.

The first pandemic was completely over in about 2 years (counting another wave that came after a signifcant lull) without even any antibiotics.

But hey, Pfizer and others made billions this go-round and stand to make even more, so it's all good.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
???

The leaders in 40 other countries have figured out that they need to do more than plead with the public to get vaccinated.

My guess is that there were those in every one of those 40 countries who didn't want to be vaccinated. If Portugal can have 85% of its citizens fully vaccinated, then just PERHAPS the US might do better.
Perhaps you missed the part about life and liberty that makes the USA unique?

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Large portions of Americans simply don't trust the government or professionals.....and there are plenty of others out there willing to profit off sowing doubt. Imagine how the polio vaccine campaign of the 1950's would go today....

We have had vaccines for many decades. When my company asked me to travel to India I had to have a lot of vaccines before entering the country. I did not see any conflict a all between my Bible and getting vaccinated.

I also learned recently that in 2020 some sort of sci-fi series was started where they proposed the scenario of a conspiracy to have only 200 million humans alive on Earth as "the green new deal" for humanity so they invented a pandemic and a vaccine to "fix it" that in fact made people sterile. (or something of that sort). So some of the unreasonable paranoia about this subject might have been boosted by hollywood in 2020.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Notice how the Deaths (shown on the right side of each tower) are truncated sharply once vaccination becomes the norm at the point of the third wave. (As opposed to the unvaccinated days indicated by the first wave diagram)

Hence the flooding of ICUs and overflow into Emergency Room space - consisting of 90% + COVID unvaccinated these days in the U.S.

E6vVfkuXEAI3Qr1-1.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
If 1% died of COVID - in the U.S. that would be about 3.5 million -- if we assume they all get hospitalized and go to ICU then die - that is 3.5M ICU beds. The U.S. has less than 1 million (800K) ICU beds.

If we add to that the seriously COVID ill who do not die - another 3.5 Million to the ones that do die -- the entire system swamped by a factor of 7 or 8 times its capacity.

If we consider that ICU and E.R. STILL have to handle car crash, heart attacks, etc - then it becomes everybody's "issue".

Upvote 0