Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
If Trump could pull off beating Hilary I don't see why Biden couldn't beat trump.
That whole email thing was her downfall, I've always thought that. Really looking forward to a substance driven campaign.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
He can beat him. As long as we Democrats can resist cannibalizing each other, any of the announced candidates can beat Trump.
Oh yea, if Democrats can avoid the circular firing squad problem. Much remains to be seen.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I voted "Other." I'm not quite sure who "Bidden" is.
Vice President for two terms under President Obama. He bowed out of the 2016 election, I think because of the death of his son. He had some weird scandal lately about getting too touchy and feely here and there but seems to have bounced back. He leads the polls among Democrats and has a fairly interesting lead on Trump.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,425,783.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Biden could beat Trump simply because he is a decent man.

IMO, there was a group Republicans and Independents who voted for Trump thinking he would act like an adult as President. That thinking was quickly proven wrong when on day one of his presidency and re-enforced almost daily every since.

As for Biden, he has a history of sticking his foot into his mouth....however, Trump has lowered the standards so far that any mis-speak by Biden will seem trivial at most.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ttalkkugjil

Social Pastor
Mar 6, 2019
Suwon
✟34,572.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Vice President for two terms under President Obama. He bowed out of the 2016 election, I think because of the death of his son. He had some weird scandal lately about getting too touchy and feely here and there but seems to have bounced back. He leads the polls among Democrats and has a fairly interesting lead on Trump.

No, no, I'm pretty sure that would be Biden.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
some weird scandal lately about getting too touchy and feely here and there
I don't think that is enough to make sure Donald beats him. I think there were some high-level women whom he caressed or kissed even on public TV recordings. And that never was an obvious issue, until certain women recently complained.

Or, have there been earlier complaints but not so publicized?

Even so, I think I need to be sensitive with each lady, and not assume that I can do the same with every woman. But feel out my relationship with each one, and how each one wants to share affection.

Hands on every other woman can be my way of lording myself over others, possibly >

"nor as being lords over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock." (1 Peter 5:3)

He says he "got it".
As for Biden, he has a history of sticking his foot into his mouth....
Now that you say this, I think I heard something like this.

But my opinion is Joe could easily beat Donald. He seems more quiet mannered so some number of Republicans would be ok with him. But I think his strategy would benefit from not trying to make himself look good in comparison to Donald, but make sure he presents all his potentially good points, and make clear his intentions.

And in case Donald wants to make faces and make a project of criticizing Joe, let Donald do all that work by himself and do not join in that. I think that was something Hillary did, if I remember the debates right; she did not go down to making a project of criticizing Donald, but she talked about her plans. But she lost, anyway, maybe indeed because of the e-mail thing and maybe some help from Internet international input against her.

But Joe has White House experience, and has security experience at the national executive level.

So, I won't be surprised if he steers debates to be more about performance and intentions, and then wins. But he can win by attacking, too; it sounds like he might do this, too, and put his foot in his mouth.

But ones might feel he has a cleaner foot.

But winning does not mean qualified. Pray.

Reactions: mark kennedy
Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
  • Haha
Reactions: Nithavela
Upvote 0

A Realist

Living in Reality
Dec 27, 2018
Georgia
✟67,536.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe Biden is more of a centrist, and IMO, that's what we need at this point. I'm a Republican, but if he is nominated after the primaries, I will strongly consider voting for him for POTUS. I do not like the direction the Republican party is taking.

Trump never got a vote from me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MyChainsAreGone

Image Bearer
Apr 18, 2009
Visit site
✟36,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We can pretty much ignore what the polls say 18 months before voting. In fact, we can pretty much ignore the polls 1 month before the voting... just look at how they did in 2016.

Trump will beat whomever the Dems offer as an alternative. Why? Because people are better off now than they were before, and when they go behind the curtain to vote, they'll vote to keep it going.

It is not politically correct or politically prudent to publicly express your support for Trump... you will incur all sorts of ire and abuse if you do so. Those polls measure the sentiment that people are willing to say out loud. They don't measure what people will actually do in the voting booth. But when the votes are tallied, the number of votes Trump gets will surprise everyone.

And while that's true for whites, it's 10x more true for blacks. Blacks who support Trump are excoriated mercilessly. But, mark my word... Trump is going to get an unprecedented percentage of the black vote next election. And no one will expect that because most blacks won't dare admit their support for Trump any other way than at ballot box.

And that's why he's going to win handily... no matter who the Dems put on the ticket.

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yea I know it's early but he is way ahead of other Democrats and sizing up to be formidable against a sitting President.

General Election: Trump vs. Biden

Your thoughts?

China could be a problem, and favors for his son Hunter, and connections to Ukraine, also Obama hasn't endorsed him, though it's still early. Polls...meh.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,425,783.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
depends who shows up to vote
polls CAN NOT be depended on

do people forget that polls showed Clinton would win
newscasters were visibly shocked as states reported in

We can count on Trump to motivate large numbers voters who won't be voting for him. We already saw the impact Trump had on the 2018 mid-terms in urban districts. Here in Maricopa County, AZ, large numbers of people voted for a GOP governor but rejected Senate candidate Martha McSally in favor of Kristen Sinema. The cross-party voting combined with record turnout of Democrats, pushed Sinema to victory. I expect to see that trend hold true in 2020 for both the Presidential and Congressional races.

• Informative
Reactions: mama2one
Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟264,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
Fun fact: At the end of April 2003, the front runner for the Democratic nomination for the 2004 election was Joe Lieberman. He lost his lead when Wesley Clark overtook him in the polls. The lesson is we are still a long ways away from primary ballots even being cast.

Reactions: A Realist
Upvote 0