United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Joe Biden Is Already Courting Big Money Donors

Who does Biden want to serve and represent as an elected official, even as president?

Just follow the money.

I'm curious how this guy thinks he's going to win my vote or the votes of others like me.

I'm also curious how people differentiate him from Republicans because he looks like the same exact thing to me.

I would love for ol' Joe to surprise me and be a real liberal but right now he's looking like Republican Lite (or not so lite).

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟651,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Joe Biden Is Already Courting Big Money Donors

Who does Biden want to serve and represent as an elected official, even as president?

Just follow the money.

I'm curious how this guy thinks he's going to win my vote or the votes of others like me.

I'm also curious how people differentiate him from Republicans because he looks like the same exact thing to me.

I would love for ol' Joe to surprise me and be a real liberal but right now he's looking like Republican Lite (or not so lite).

He's also good at sounding like his old boss, even though he totally contradicts him: “If we give Donald Trump eight years in the White House, he will forever and fundamentally alter the character of this nation — who we are."

Compare this to Obama's declaration of: “We are five days away from fundamentally transforming the United States of America.

I guess it's ok to fundamentally transform or alter this country when it's to the Left though.

Personally, I'm glad to see Biden in the running now. I believe his opening statements are just the beginning of many more such revealing statements.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟651,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If Republican-lite is what stands the best chance at getting Trump out of office then that is what I'll go with.

Ah, I guess "US Democrats" are willing to sacrifice their values in order to target one particular person after all. Would you be happy with Biden's "Republican-lite" policies once they are implemented as well?

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No thanks. The last thing we need is someone like Biden to wring his hands and preach "decorum" while people like McConnell (pretty sure my name for him would violate site rules) destroy this country from within.

Either Warren or Sanders are my favorites at this point.
Ringo

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He's also good at sounding like his old boss, even though he totally contradicts him: “If we give Donald Trump eight years in the White House, he will forever and fundamentally alter the character of this nation — who we are."
Only God can change my character the right way.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟651,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Only God can change my character the right way.

True enough, but we still have to live with those who look to a lower authority for their character development.

• Informative
Reactions: com7fy8
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Ah, I guess "US Democrats" are willing to sacrifice their values in order to target one particular person after all. Would you be happy with Biden's "Republican-lite" policies once they are implemented as well?
I don't agree that Joe Biden is Republican-lite nor would I be sacrificing any of my values in supporting him. Of course, I'm only speaking for myself here.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟651,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I don't agree that Joe Biden is Republican-lite nor would I be sacrificing any of my values in supporting him. Of course, I'm only speaking for myself here.

Then I'm not sure what you meant by
If Republican-lite is what stands the best chance at getting Trump out of office then that is what I'll go with.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Then I'm not sure what you meant by
I was only borrowing the term "Republican-lite" from the OP. I don't see Joe Biden as much of a Republican. In fact my only real hang up with him as a candidate is that he's just too old.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟651,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I was only borrowing the term "Republican-lite" from the OP. I don't see Joe Biden as much of a Republican. In fact my only real hang up with him as a candidate is that he's just too old.

How about Bernie? (not to get off-topic)

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
How about Bernie? (not to get off-topic)
Same. Too old. Same goes for Warren. I like both of them a lot but they're just too old.

Buttigieg is my guy. Progressive Democrat. Young, intelligent and articulate. Not a crazy ideologue. Has governmental experience. It's hard for me to find something I don't like about him.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ah, I guess "US Democrats" are willing to sacrifice their values in order to target one particular person after all.
I believe the Conservatives all ready sacrifice all their values, when they elected Trump in the first place.

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟651,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I believe the Conservatives all ready sacrifice all their values, when they elected Trump in the first place.

Oh, I don't know about that. Pro-gun, pro-life, pro-border security, pro-Israel, pro-capitalism, just to name some that immediately come to mind. Has there been any Democrats running for president who can make the same claims?

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I think that the conservatives who support Trump aren't in any moral position to point a judgmental finger at Biden or at other liberal politicians. I don't think their moral outrage can be taken seriously.

Trump's most notable insults

Trump's Long History of Racism

Lyin' Donald: 101 Of Trump's Greatest Lies

Donald Trump’s Long Record of Degrading Women

A quick guide to the people and groups Donald Trump has insulted

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Same. Too old. Same goes for Warren. I like both of them a lot but they're just too old.

Buttigieg is my guy. Progressive Democrat. Young, intelligent and articulate. Not a crazy ideologue. Has governmental experience. It's hard for me to find something I don't like about him.

I agree with you. I also think he's too old. I feel the same about Bernie Sanders. I would like to see a younger Democrat or a strong Third Party candidate take the lead in the next presidential election.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟651,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yes, I agree. The conservatives who support Trump aren't in any moral position to point a judgmental finger at Biden or any other liberal politician. I don't think they can be taken seriously anymore.

Trump's most notable insults

Trump's Long History of Racism

Lyin' Donald: 101 Of Trump's Greatest Lies

Donald Trump’s Long Record of Degrading Women

A quick guide to the people and groups Donald Trump has insulted

Then when Biden's past is shown to be, let's say not as clean as some may think, who do you believe should point it out? Or should it just be swept under the rug and called a "whataboutism" in order to silence his critics?

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then when Biden's past is shown to be, let's say not as clean as some may think, who do you believe should point it out? Or should it just be swept under the rug and called a "whataboutism" in order to silence his critics?

I know about the allegations against Biden and that's another reason why I won't vote for him.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟651,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I know about the allegations against Biden and that's another reason why I won't vote for him.

It's starting to sound very much like it's going to be a very contentious election cycle when the primaries and debates come up. Each of the candidates seem to have so much mud they could sling at one another. With 20 of them (currently) in the game, it's gonna be one heck of a mud bath! ;)

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

The people currently running this country who call themselves """"conservative"""" don't really have values, unless you consider narcissism and racism to be a "value".
Ringo

Upvote 0