Biden intervenes to get far left fire bomber reduced sentence.

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

NEW YORK—Urooj Rahman, a public interest lawyer who firebombed a police cruiser during the 2020 George Floyd riots, was sentenced to just 15 months in prison on Friday after the Biden Justice Department intervened on her behalf, pressing the court to issue a sentence below the guidelines that called for 10 years.​
U.S. District Judge Brian Cogan of the Eastern District of New York handed down the sentence to a packed courtroom in Brooklyn, where Rahman’s allies gathered in solidarity. Rahman, who faced up to five years in prison, told supporters the sentence "wasn’t the result we wanted." Her attorney, Peter Baldwin, said Rahman’s defense team was "obviously disappointed with the result, but we are excited that Urooj can move on to the next phase of her life."​
Must have been one of those fiery, but peaceful protest

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I believe she should have got at least 5 years.

The Trump administration initially pursued a domestic terrorism sentencing enhancement against the pair, which would have carried a maximum 10-year sentence.
When is Trump and all his solders going to get 10 years, for their terrorist act? When Trump lied for months and told his solders to fight like hell, if you don't you won't have a country anymore. Let not forget, because of Trumps action a woman was killed.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I believe she should have got at least 5 years.

When is Trump and all his solders going to get 10 years, for their terrorist act? When Trump lied for months and told his solders to fight like hell, if you don't you won't have a country anymore. Let not forget, because of Trumps action a woman was killed.
But Trump!

We are not talking about Trump

• Useful
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
But Trump!

We are not talking about Trump
I agree that the lady should get more time. But the article talked about trump. Trump wanted terrorist to get ten years. Which he caused a terrorist attack. So, he needs to be punished. At least her actions didn't cause a death. Unlike Trump. If you admit Trump needs to be arrested. I could agree with you.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I agree that the lady should get more time. But the article talked about trump. Trump wanted terrorist to get ten years. Which he caused a terrorist attack. So, he needs to be punished. At least her actions didn't cause a death. Unlike Trump. If you admit Trump needs to be arrested. I could agree with you.
But Trump five times is just as much a non viable excuse as one time.

The woman fire bombed a police vehicle, a violent and terroristic type of attack. A trained attorney filled a glass bottle with gas, stuffed a rag in it, set it on fire and threw it into a police vehicle.

The law established a protocol for minimum sentence guide lines. She called in favors from Democratic politicians and they went to Biden’s DOJ to influence the judge.

How someone canmakes excuses for these actions is beyond me.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,422,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The headline reads as though Biden himself intervened when that just isn't so.

What do you expect from "The Free Beacon".....

The AP reports:

Federal prosecutors had recommended a sentence of 18 to 24 months as part of a plea deal.

Upvote 0