Biden Immigration Plan Grants Citizenship to 11 Million Illegal Aliens

Do you support Biden's amnesty plan for 11 million illegal aliens?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lord Vega

King NES
Jun 13, 2020
Clearwater, FL
✟17,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
From the article:

Presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joseph R. Biden on Wednesday formally embraced citizenship rights for 11 million illegal immigrants and a full erasure of all of President Trump's get-tough border policies, as part of the party’s new unity platform.

{snip}

The platform calls for an immediate 100-day halt to all deportations, and would unleash an army of overseers to police the way the Border Patrol and ICE’s deportation officers enforce immigration policy. A special eye would be paid toward the “racial underpinnings” of Trump policies.

{snip}

The platform would erase Mr. Trump's travel ban for countries that don’t cooperate with U.S. authorities, and would invite those denied entry over the last years to reapply.

It would also set a new cap for refugees at 125,000 a year, which would be the highest since the mid-1990s. By contrast Mr. Trump has set a cap of just 18,000 this year.

The biggest-ticket item is a “roadmap to citizenship” for nearly 11 million illegal immigrants. Those who’ve been working illegally in essential services during the coronavirus pandemic would get fast-tracked.

{snip}

Original article: Biden immigration plan grants citizenship to 11 million illegal immigrants

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟245,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Not in favor of it. Nope, noway, nohow. Gets a no from me. Don't wanna just open up the floodgates here.

But it's really really low on my priority list. And that's if I was even considering political issues for voting this election, and I'm not. If Biden gets congress to go along with it, sure, I guess, whatever. I will be slightly annoyed.

Upvote 0

Lord Vega

King NES
Jun 13, 2020
Clearwater, FL
✟17,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Not in favor of it. Nope, noway, nohow. Gets a no from me. Don't wanna just open up the floodgates here.

But it's really really low on my priority list. And that's if I was even considering political issues for voting this election, and I'm not. If Biden gets congress to go along with it, sure, I guess, whatever. I will be slightly annoyed.

If 11 million illegal aliens are granted amnesty, you can also bet on them bringing their foreign family members here due to chain migration laws. The total number of new immigrants from such an amnesty could be 40 million or 50 million, at least. Such a dramatic increase in the US population over a short period of time would dramatically depress wages and therefore harm working class Americans. Is that really a "low priority" issue?

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
From the article:

Presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joseph R. Biden on Wednesday formally embraced citizenship rights for 11 million illegal immigrants and a full erasure of all of President Trump's get-tough border policies, as part of the party’s new unity platform.

{snip}

The platform calls for an immediate 100-day halt to all deportations, and would unleash an army of overseers to police the way the Border Patrol and ICE’s deportation officers enforce immigration policy. A special eye would be paid toward the “racial underpinnings” of Trump policies.

{snip}

The platform would erase Mr. Trump's travel ban for countries that don’t cooperate with U.S. authorities, and would invite those denied entry over the last years to reapply.

It would also set a new cap for refugees at 125,000 a year, which would be the highest since the mid-1990s. By contrast Mr. Trump has set a cap of just 18,000 this year.

The biggest-ticket item is a “roadmap to citizenship” for nearly 11 million illegal immigrants. Those who’ve been working illegally in essential services during the coronavirus pandemic would get fast-tracked.

{snip}

Original article: Biden immigration plan grants citizenship to 11 million illegal immigrants

That's insane.

Any "roadmap" policy needs to be combined with tough border security, or there will be another 50 million illegal immigrants to worry about.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,155.00
Faith
Non-Denom

Your right not to vote of course BUT you'll also have on your conscious the fact that you didn't put your hand on the wheel to close the floodgates they want to be open. 5 different ways you expressed a passion not to want to see it.....and yet well....It's OK. If you feel that strongly against it why not reconsider your position?

• Agree
Reactions: LostMarbels
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,107,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I'm with you and Biden knows that he will have to compromise with the Republicans so he not going to get everything he's talking about now.

Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟245,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
If 11 million illegal aliens are granted amnesty, you can also bet on them bringing their foreign family members here due to chain migration laws. The total number of new immigrants from such an amnesty could be 40 million or 50 million, at least. Such a dramatic increase in the US population over a short period of time would dramatically depress wages and therefore harm working class Americans. Is that really a "low priority" issue?

For me, yes. I don't hold quite as gloomy a prediction as you.

Your right not to vote of course BUT you'll also have on your conscious the fact that you didn't put your hand on the wheel to close the floodgates they want to be open.

Oh, I'm voting. I'm just not factoring the political issues into my vote for president this time around.

I'm with you and Biden knows that he will have to compromise with the Republicans so he not going to get everything he's talking about now.

True. Even if the Democrats take over the Senate, they still have to deal with the filibuster.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,107,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That doesn't mean all of them will be eligible for amnesty.

Biden will aggressively advocate for legislation that creates a clear roadmap to legal status and citizenship for unauthorized immigrants who register, are up-to-date on their taxes, and have passed a background check.

He will have to make compromises with the Republicans in Congress.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If they are Native American I'm 100% plus fine with this. Since they there ancestor had to flee for their lives. As white people stole their land.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,423,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
...oh you mean the 11 million people who have been picking your fruit, packing your meat (and dying with COVID), cleaning your hotel rooms and pretty much doing the work many Americans feel too entitled to do?

• Winner
Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,780.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
...oh you mean the 11 million people who have been picking your fruit, packing your meat (and dying with COVID), cleaning your hotel rooms and pretty much doing the work many Americans feel too entitled to do?
They can still illegally work, of course. Until they get too old or uppity.

Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,423,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nithavela is from Germany...

I wondered if he felt the same way about the EU barring me from coming to the nations my ancestors were forced from by their oppressors.

um...okay. As soon as the US gets its COVID act together, I'm sure you be free to visit the lands of your oppressed ancestors.

Upvote 0

Lord Vega

King NES
Jun 13, 2020
Clearwater, FL
✟17,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Those are jobs that working class Americans both need and are willing to do.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟827,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)