Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
RECENT POLLS

Race/Topic - Poll - Results - Spread

*************************************************************************************************************

Thursday, August 27

Pennsylvania: Trump vs. Biden Franklin & Marshall Biden 49, Trump 42 Biden +7

Wednesday, August 26

General Election: Trump vs. Biden CNBC/Change Research (D)* Biden 51, Trump 43 Biden +8

General Election: Trump vs. Biden Rasmussen Reports Biden 46, Trump 45 Biden +1

General Election: Trump vs. Biden Economist/YouGov Biden 50, Trump 41 Biden +9

General Election: Trump vs. Biden The Hill/HarrisX Biden 47, Trump 38 Biden +9

Pennsylvania: Trump vs. Biden CNBC/Change Research (D) Biden 49, Trump 46 Biden +3

Michigan: Trump vs. Biden CNBC/Change Research (D) Biden 50, Trump 44 Biden +6

Wisconsin: Trump vs. Biden CNBC/Change Research (D) Biden 49, Trump 44 Biden +5

Wisconsin: Trump vs. Biden Trafalgar Group (R)* Biden 45, Trump 46 Trump +1

North Carolina: Trump vs. Biden CNBC/Change Research (D) Trump 47, Biden 48 Biden +1

Florida: Trump vs. Biden CNBC/Change Research (D) Biden 49, Trump 46 Biden +3

Arizona: Trump vs. Biden CNBC/Change Research (D) Biden 49, Trump 47 Biden +2

Virginia: Trump vs. Biden Roanoke College Biden 53, Trump 39 Biden +14

President Trump Job Approval CNBC/Change Research (D) Approve 45, Disapprove 55 Disapprove +10

President Trump Job Approval Politico/Morning Consult Approve 42, Disapprove 56 Disapprove +14

President Trump Job Approval Reuters/Ipsos Approve 43, Disapprove 55 Disapprove +12

President Trump Job Approval Rasmussen Reports Approve 47, Disapprove 51 Disapprove +4

President Trump Job Approval Economist/YouGov Approve 45, Disapprove 54 Disapprove +9

2020 Generic Congressional Vote Economist/YouGov Democrats 47, Republicans 39 Democrats +8

Congressional Job Approval Economist/YouGov Approve 19, Disapprove 55 Disapprove +36

Direction of Country Economist/YouGov Right Direction 27, Wrong Track 64 Wrong Track +37

Direction of Country Politico/Morning Consult Right Direction 27, Wrong Track 73 Wrong Track +46

Direction of Country Reuters/Ipsos Right Direction 26, Wrong Track 65 Wrong Track +39

trump polls - Google Search
**************************************************************************************************************

Its obvious as to why this President and his supporters prefer to deal in "invisible" numbers because the real facts invariably don't align with their agenda - they deal in the "unverifiable" to avoid the harsh realities of the real world!

Based on yesterday's "real" not "invisible" numbers, the Republican National Convention has yet to produced the desired "bounce" in the polls!

The one and only positive result for the GOP on Wednesday gave Trump +1 in Wisconsin - let the Republican celebrations and dancing in the streets begin!!

Look at the most accurate 2016 poll, which is Rasmussen. Trump is up by 1 in Wisconsin. He's not going to lose NC, Ohio, Georgia, or Texas. All he has to do is win Florida and he gets a second term. He's only down in Florida by 3 points and since Biden is currently slipping, that will most likely change soon.

• Winner
Reactions: RushMAN
Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
bizarro-trump.jpg

Trump is in much better mental and physical shape.
I'll bet have our house on that.
M
Look at Wednesdays polls, the Trump Campaign's attempt to make Biden's mental and physical shape an election issue hasn't gained traction with the American public no matter how many times its repeated!

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Incumbents are notoriously hard to unseat. The undecided vote, who will decide the election, is a disadvantage for the Dems because humans are resistant to change.
You should ask President Carter and the first President Bush about that.
tulc(thinks they'd have some interesting things to say about it)

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
More Voters Rule Out Trump Than Biden - Monmouth University
www.monmouth.edu › monmouthpoll_us_070220

Jul 2, 2020 - Biden currently holds a 12 point lead in the presidential race according to the ... 42% Trump, 2% generic other candidate, and 2% undecided.

Why The 2020 Presidential Election Is Not 201

- NPRwww.npr.org › 2020/08/08 › why-the-2020-presidential-..
Aug 8, 2020 - With Joe Biden leading in the polls, Democrats are haunted by the ghosts of ... If those soft Trump voters who have slipped into the undecided ...

Chart: Few Voters Are Undecided About The 2020 Election ...
www.statista.com › ... › Media and politics in the U.S.

Nov 12, 2019 - This chart shows the share of U.S. public who are persuadable or not ahead of the 2020 presidential election.

Why Trump is unlikely to pull off an election surprise against ...
www.marketwatch.com › story › why-trump-is-unlikely-t...

Aug 15, 2020 - Can President Donald Trump do it again? Will he be able to convince enough undecided or uncommitted voters to give him another four years ..

**************************************************************************************************************
Incumbents are notoriously hard to unseat. The undecided vote, who will decide the election, is a disadvantage for the Dems because humans are resistant to change.
What undecided vote - the polls have remained relatively static because few Americans have ambivalent opinions concerning Trump, much of the presidential vote was already locked in long before Biden became the Democrat's nominee!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jacks

Er Victus
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2010
Northwest US
✟674,908.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think it would be a strategic error for Biden to pull out of the debates. It is like any contest, whoever doesn't show up is seen as forfeiting, so in essence Trump will have "won" the debates.

Upvote 0

Jermayn

May 22, 2019
Northwest Florida
✟108,811.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You should ask President Carter and the first President Bush about that.
tulc(thinks they'd have some interesting things to say about it)

Since 1912, theres been 3 of 11 incumbent presidents defeated. Roughly 73% of incumbents get reelected. Obama's approval rating was around 45% this time before his reelections. GWB was about 49%. The last few approval polls I've seen for Trump have been between 42 and 51%, so lets just say he's around the same spot as Obama was. The three incumbent presidents that were defeated had a popular vote lose of 14.5% in their second election cycle and I can tell you, that is not the case for Trump. The odds are heavily against Biden.

• Winner
Reactions: Bobber
Upvote 0

Jermayn

May 22, 2019
Northwest Florida
✟108,811.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What undecided vote - the polls have remained relatively static because few Americans have ambivalent opinions concerning this Trump, much of the presidential vote was already locked in long before Biden became the Democrat's nominee!

You're in for a big surprise if you don't think there are undecided voters. You are aware of independent voters, right?

Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟61,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
RECENT POLLS

Race/Topic - Poll - Results - Spread

*************************************************************************************************************

Thursday, August 27

Pennsylvania: Trump vs. Biden Franklin & Marshall Biden 49, Trump 42 Biden +7

Wednesday, August 26

General Election: Trump vs. Biden CNBC/Change Research (D)* Biden 51, Trump 43 Biden +8

General Election: Trump vs. Biden Rasmussen Reports Biden 46, Trump 45 Biden +1

General Election: Trump vs. Biden Economist/YouGov Biden 50, Trump 41 Biden +9

General Election: Trump vs. Biden The Hill/HarrisX Biden 47, Trump 38 Biden +9

Pennsylvania: Trump vs. Biden CNBC/Change Research (D) Biden 49, Trump 46 Biden +3

Michigan: Trump vs. Biden CNBC/Change Research (D) Biden 50, Trump 44 Biden +6

Wisconsin: Trump vs. Biden CNBC/Change Research (D) Biden 49, Trump 44 Biden +5

Wisconsin: Trump vs. Biden Trafalgar Group (R)* Biden 45, Trump 46 Trump +1

North Carolina: Trump vs. Biden CNBC/Change Research (D) Trump 47, Biden 48 Biden +1

Florida: Trump vs. Biden CNBC/Change Research (D) Biden 49, Trump 46 Biden +3

Arizona: Trump vs. Biden CNBC/Change Research (D) Biden 49, Trump 47 Biden +2

Virginia: Trump vs. Biden Roanoke College Biden 53, Trump 39 Biden +14

President Trump Job Approval CNBC/Change Research (D) Approve 45, Disapprove 55 Disapprove +10

President Trump Job Approval Politico/Morning Consult Approve 42, Disapprove 56 Disapprove +14

President Trump Job Approval Reuters/Ipsos Approve 43, Disapprove 55 Disapprove +12

President Trump Job Approval Rasmussen Reports Approve 47, Disapprove 51 Disapprove +4

President Trump Job Approval Economist/YouGov Approve 45, Disapprove 54 Disapprove +9

2020 Generic Congressional Vote Economist/YouGov Democrats 47, Republicans 39 Democrats +8

Congressional Job Approval Economist/YouGov Approve 19, Disapprove 55 Disapprove +36

Direction of Country Economist/YouGov Right Direction 27, Wrong Track 64 Wrong Track +37

Direction of Country Politico/Morning Consult Right Direction 27, Wrong Track 73 Wrong Track +46

Direction of Country Reuters/Ipsos Right Direction 26, Wrong Track 65 Wrong Track +39

trump polls - Google Search

Its obvious as to why this President and his supporters prefer to deal in "invisible" numbers because the real facts invariably don't align with their agenda - they deal in the "unverifiable" to avoid the harsh realities of the real world!

Based on yesterday's "real" not "invisible" numbers, the Republican National Convention has yet to produced the desired "bounce" in the polls!

The one and only positive result for the GOP on Wednesday gave Trump +1 in Wisconsin - let the Republican celebrations and dancing in the streets begin!!
The best poll I know of has been right in all but two elections, that is the poll on Nov 3.

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
As was the case with Carter, Reagan, Clinton, GW Bush and Obama, voters in n 2016 were prepared to take a chance on a relatively unknown presidential candidate and hope for the best - fast forward to 2020 and this President is now the incumbent with a 4 year track record, this time the electorate knows exactly what they're getting!
True. And the numbers bear out more frustration with the Democrats than President Trump. Until Covid, he had a record of job creation, economic growth and other things. And now, he's seen as the law and order candidate facing a political party that's encouraging violence. As with so many things, facts are completely irrelevant here. Right or wrong, that's how people are seeing the situation. The polls do not show any obvious post-convention bump for Joe. But the polls are showing his lead weakening, particularly in the swing states. The riots and the violence in Democrat-controlled cities are coming back to haunt Joe.

In 2016, the Democrats nominated probably the only candidate President Trump could've defeated. It's looking like they've done the same thing this year. We'll see tho.

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You're in for a big surprise if you don't think there are undecided voters. You are aware of independent voters, right?
Are you referring to the voters President Trump is carrying in the swing states in double digits?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Since 1912, theres been 3 of 11 incumbent presidents defeated. Roughly 73% of incumbents get reelected. Obama's approval rating was around 45% this time before his reelections. GWB was about 49%. The last few approval polls I've seen for Trump have been between 42 and 51%, so lets just say he's around the same spot as Obama was. The three incumbent presidents that were defeated had a popular vote lose of 14.5% in their second election cycle and I can tell you, that is not the case for Trump. The odds are heavily against Biden.
I'd be interested in seeing those polls, got a link?
tulc(likes links)

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just google them, or realclearpolitics.com.
So that would be "No I can't actually support my claim but I really REALLY want it to be true!"? because what I see is this:
How Popular Is Donald Trump?
which has him at 42.2% job approval as of today. which is pretty much where he's been since May.
tulc(notices people often make claims in these thread, but the ones offering support for them don't appear to be President Trump supporters)

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟352,835.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I voted for Trump for his promises and I will again but I don't like that they are repeating some of the lies this week that he has told in the past. Mostly, his claim to have provided all the equipment, etc, needed during the covid. That is not true. A good example is all the elders that died because there weren't enough respirators. The hosp. and other nursing facilities did not have gowns or masks and were using what they had far beyond the time they should have used them. He just shouldn't have repeated his lies because there has been enough time passed that it is a known lie.
He's setting the other side up with amo.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RushMAN

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2020
West Coast
✟101,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Trump campaign claims Biden’s ‘handlers’ could try to duck debates after Pelosi comments

The Trump campaign claimed Thursday that Joe Biden’s “handlers” could try to get out of the general election debates with President Trump after House Speaker Nancy Pelosi suggested the Democratic nominee should back out of all three of them.

“Joe Biden had plenty of practice from the eleven Democrat primary debates, but he’s still getting lots of advice from Nancy Pelosi and others who want him to bail out on encounters with President Trump completely,” Trump campaign communications director Tim Murtaugh said in a statement to Fox News.

“We are also concerned that his handlers will ultimately decide to keep him in his basement and avoid debates entirely or suggest holding them remotely via Skype, where Biden could rely on nearby handlers, a teleprompter, or notes,” Murtaugh said.

Of course Biden's handlers are going to keep him locked in the basement. Biden can't be trusted not to mess up and say racist things like "you ain't black if you don't vote for me" and "unlike the African American community, with notable exceptions, the Latino community is an incredibly diverse community with incredibly different attitudes about different things" as if Black Americans are monolithic. Then Biden doesn't know the difference between his wife and sister. No Biden's handlers know that he can not be trusted to not say something very bad. Biden's handlers are scared, very scared.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jermayn

May 22, 2019
Northwest Florida
✟108,811.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So that would be "No I can't actually support my claim but I really REALLY want it to be true!"? because what I see is this:
How Popular Is Donald Trump?
which has him at 42.2% job approval as of today. which is pretty much where he's been since May.
tulc(notices people often make claims in these thread, but the ones offering support for them don't appear to be President Trump supporters)

If you REALLY need me to post every recent poll...

President Trump Job Approval | Election Other | RealClearPolitics

So, it looks like hes at 44% today. If you take a few seconds to scroll down the list, you can see that number fluctuates by multiple points each week. Here's another tidbit of information. The incumbents that lost, lost because of their handling of the economy. If you turn your attention over to the economic job approval polls, Trump sits at 49.5% approval and 48.1% disapproval.

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Trump Job Approval - Economy

Edit: This is located on the same site I already linked you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jermayn

May 22, 2019
Northwest Florida
✟108,811.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I voted for Trump for his promises and I will again but I don't like that they are repeating some of the lies this week that he has told in the past. Mostly, his claim to have provided all the equipment, etc, needed during the covid. That is not true. A good example is all the elders that died because there weren't enough respirators. The hosp. and other nursing facilities did not have gowns or masks and were using what they had far beyond the time they should have used them. He just shouldn't have repeated his lies because there has been enough time passed that it is a known lie.
He's setting the other side up with amo.

I'm pretty sure there was no shortage of respirators.

Upvote 0

Jermayn

May 22, 2019
Northwest Florida
✟108,811.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Of course Biden's handlers are going to keep him locked in the basement. Biden can't be trusted not to mess up and say racist things like "you ain't black if you don't vote for me" and "unlike the African American community, with notable exceptions, the Latino community is an incredibly diverse community with incredibly different attitudes about different things" as if Black Americans are monolithic. Then Biden doesn't know the difference between his wife and sister. No Biden's handlers know that he can not be trusted to not say something very bad. Biden's handlers are scared, very scared.

Biden has proven he can't perform under pressure. If he does end up in a debate with Trump, I'm sure they will only allow moderators like Don Lemon and Anderson Cooper to ask easy questions where he only has to say "We're going to help Americans" or "We all have to come together!".

• Winner
Reactions: RushMAN
Upvote 0