United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Joe Biden appears to confuse Trump with former President George W. Bush

"Not because I'm running, but because who I'm running against, this is the most consequential election in a long, long, long time," Biden said. "And the character of the country in my view is literally on the ballot. What kind of country we're gonna be? Four more years of George, ah, George.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Well I guess that at this point in time
regarding Biden, no one is surprised.
M

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,576.00
Faith
Non-Denom

"Not because I'm running, but because who I'm running against, this is the most consequential election in a long, long, long time," Biden said. "And the character of the country in my view is literally on the ballot. What kind of country we're gonna be? Four more years of George, ah, George.

M
And everyone and I mean EVERYONE knows that if Trump stated right now he was working hard to defeat Hillary they'd be calling for the 25th Amendment. Not so for Joe. They just laugh it off and say, "Well that's just Joe!" and claim that's a part of his charm.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,089,811.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Isn't it wonderful when we aren't so conditioned to a candidate bungling his way through speeches using fractured phrases and making claims about the U.S. Air Force winning the Revolutionary War that an occasional misstep actually makes news?

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,576.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Isn't it wonderful when we aren't so conditioned to a candidate bungling his way through speeches using fractured phrases and making claims about the U.S. Air Force winning the Revolutionary War that an occasional misstep actually makes news?
Sorry Fantine but you're trying to divert. You know as well as I that if someone especially in the profession of Mr Biden were asked in a cognition test who is the current President ANY confusion or misspeaking about that would be very much concerning. I don't think you really can deny it. Doesn't prove anything absolutely about Biden's latest gaffe BUT it sure warrants questions to be raised and not have them stonewalled as if they're foolish to ask.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

M
Maybe he meant george washington...:)

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
My late grandmother used to call everything by the wrong name, including her nieces and nephews. Despite that she didn’t lose it mentally until she was way over 100. We’ll have to see if Biden’s habit of misnaming things is serious or not . I don’t think it is. I see how he behaves . He’s behaved more sensibly than Trump most of the time and calls for sensible behavior all of the time . Trump’s behavior has been risky, cruel, demeaning and at times just downright stupid

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

"Not because I'm running, but because who I'm running against,... Four more years of George, ah, George.

The "don't vote for me... vote against whoever that guy is that I am running against" has not proven to be a winning strategy in the past.

Maybe he meant george washington...:)

even so - simply saying "vote against George Washington... not for me specifically" would not have worked ... ;)

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married

M
This doesn't seem to be out of the ordinary for Biden. He has long standing problems remembering names, this is another example. It's titillating for Republicans but otherwise his mistake won't shift a single vote.

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
There's plenty of cause for concern about Biden's mental state. He slurs words, speaks them out of proper sequence, can't find the right words, uses the wrong words. If you watch him speaking five years ago the difference is stunning. Additionally, he often is in anger mode bordering on rage, which can be a associated sign of dementia. And he has a habit of changing plans and "calling lids" on days in the morning, suggesting he might have a condition that is unpredictable. This can be a sign of cognizance medication. And now he reportedly has effectively called a lid on the rest of his campaigning, only 9 days from the election. That is pretty much unheard of.

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

M

Still not as funny as "you said you were Abe Lincoln".

If he were to win the Dems would fire up that mental health panel and start replacing him on day one.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,089,811.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
If Biden should have difficulty performing his job, he has the integrity and humility necessary to resign and let Kamala Harris take over as president.

Trump wouldn't even turn over the reins of government to his sycophantic VP while he was in the hospital for COVID.

I always remember hearing that after Woodrow Wilson's stroke his wife hid his illness from the public and ran the country.

And the president is purported to have had mini strokes. (His doctors have to sign "NDA's." HIPAA isn't enough.) I believe Melania's jacket--she really doesn't care...but Ivanka sure would.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,576.00
Faith
Non-Denom
We’ll have to see if Biden’s habit of misnaming things is serious or not . I don’t think it is.

As for me I don't take no delight in or feel glee that Mr Biden is doing some of these gaffes. Actually I think if a Christians does they need to repent and ask God to forgive them. When something like this is happening to a fellow human being it never should be considered a laughing matter. NEVER. My wife and I prayed for him tonight not by any means that he'd win the election but Lord if there's something going on with that man please be with him and his family. Show your grace and mercy to him and may he have peace.

Having said that though..... look, .....the dear man said twice the other day the name George as the one he is running against.....and corrected it to Trump in his next line. Folks really. Could it be that you're not really being his friend in voting for him? Could it be carrying the stress of being the President should never be put upon him at this time? Maybe one could say they're not going to vote for him for his sake because they care about him enough not to put him in this situation? Food for thought?

Upvote 0