Biden Energy Secretary Wants U.S. Military to Adopt an All-Electric Vehicle Fleet in 7 Years

I's2C

Aug 28, 2021
North Platte
✟35,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Biden Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm testified Wednesday to the Senate Armed Services Committee that she supported requiring the United States military to move to an all-electric non-vehicle fleet by 2030.
When asked by Sen. Joni Ernst (R-IA) if she supported doing that, Granholm responded, “I do, and I think we can get there as well.”
She added, “And I do think that reducing our reliance on the volatility of globally-traded fossil fuels where we know that global events, such as the war in Ukraine, can jack up prices for people back home – it does not contribute to energy security.”
“I think energy security is achieved when we have homegrown, clean energy that is abundant, like you see in Iowa. We think we can be a leader globally in how we have become energy-independent,” she said.

The insanity never ends!! To put electric batteries on just 1 tank would triple the weight; all ev batteries are bought from CHINA made with child slavery!! Where are you going to charge them on a battle field, say Ukraine? Does anyone think the enemy is going to call time out; we need to power our war toys up for 12 hours. What next? solar panels on our jets? wind turbines on our battle ships?

Biden Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm says she supports requiring the U.S. military to adopt an ALL-electric vehicle fleet by 2030 pic.twitter.com/pw4F3jmrpo

Last edited:

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟343,105.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
The insanity never ends!! To put electric batteries on just 1 tank would triple the weight; all ev batteries are bought from CHINA made with child slavery!! Where are you going to charge them on a battle field, say Ukraine? Does anyone think the enemy is going to call time out; we need to power our war toys up for 12 hours. What next? solar panels on our jets? wind turbines on our battle ships?
It's a good thing she was speaking about non-tactical vehicles. This is what was being referenced I think. https://www.army.mil/e2/downloads/rv7/about/2022_army_climate_strategy.pdf. I can't find clips showing Sen. Ernst' full question, but this seems the most likely thing.

EDIT: Here is the full question in context. Biden energy secretary doubles down on electrifying US military's vehicle fleet by 2030: 'We can get there' .
Whether or not this is a good idea is open for debate, but at least debate the actual proposal instead of a strawman.

Last edited:
Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0

I's2C

Aug 28, 2021
North Platte
✟35,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Biden Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm testified Wednesday to the Senate Armed Services Committee that she supported requiring the United States military to move to an all-electric non-vehicle fleet by 2030.
When asked by Sen. Joni Ernst (R-IA) if she supported doing that, Granholm responded, “I do, and I think we can get there as well.”
She added, “And I do think that reducing our reliance on the volatility of globally-traded fossil fuels where we know that global events, such as the war in Ukraine, can jack up prices for people back home – it does not contribute to energy security.”
“I think energy security is achieved when we have homegrown, clean energy that is abundant, like you see in Iowa. We think we can be a leader globally in how we have become energy-independent,” she said.

It's a good thing she was speaking about non-tactical vehicles. This is what was being referenced I think. https://www.army.mil/e2/downloads/rv7/about/2022_army_climate_strategy.pdf. I can't find clips showing Sen. Ernst' full question, but this seems the most likely thing.
Any is a disgrace for all ev batteries come from child slave laborers. Every single one is bought from China! We give them trillions and buy their war machine so they in turn can use on us; insanity never ceases. They send child slaves into these holes and caves to mind cobalt, a disgrace and travesty the way so many children are abused these days, the worst in history from our southern borders to Africa. GOD want be mocked! and HE may be long suffering but HE is always on time.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟343,105.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Any is a disgrace for all ev batteries come from child slave laborers. Every single one is bought from China! We give them trillions and buy their war machine so they in turn can use on us; insanity never ceases. They send child slaves into these holes and caves to mind cobalt, a disgrace and travesty the way so many children are abused these days, the worst in history from our southern borders to Africa. GOD want be mocked! and HE may be long suffering but HE is always on time.
China is by far the largest producer of EV batteries, but as of last year just a little bit less then a third of the market share belonged to non-Chinese companies.

Upvote 0

Eschatologist

Apr 25, 2023
North Carolina
✟9,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

EDIT: Here is the full question in context. Biden energy secretary doubles down on electrifying US military's vehicle fleet by 2030: 'We can get there' .
Whether or not this is a good idea is open for debate, but at least debate the actual proposal instead of a strawman.
If we interpret non-tactical vehicles as just being the various support vehicles that the military uses, that's still not a good strategy.

EMP weapons are becoming more significant in warfare. They will likely be the norm in the coming decade or two. Even with proper shielding, this makes fully electric vehicles vulnerable, and the current shielding available isn't impervious to all EMP attacks. Not to mention the fact that the shielding itself becomes very limited in its usefulness if it sustains damage.

Even if we ignore the EMP issues, there are several logistical problems with going all-electric with support vehicles. Currently, a full charge with most electric vehicles won't get you as far as a full tank of gas in an equivalent vehicle. Recharge times are also often very long compared with refueling. And then there's the issue of having charging stations available wherever the vehicle happens to be.

Finally, the last issue is that this really doesn't help the environment at all. Going all electric may reduce CO2 emissions, but the manufacturing process for these batteries is extremely toxic. The mining done to acquire the materials needed for these batteries pollutes a lot of areas (particularly in Africa) to the point that they become mostly uninhabitable. Groundwater is often irreparably damaged, and wildlife is also negatively affected. As much as the push for going electric dresses itself as for the environment, the reality is that gas vehicles do less harm overall. CO2 can be mitigated through various means, including the "greening" of various areas. We're already seeing Africa transform parts of the savannah into forests, for example.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟185,132.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
2030 is only seven years away. I haven't seen any charging stations being
built for the upcoming EV's.

OH and BTW, if it did happen, gas for your lawnmower and snowblower will cost over $10 per gallon.

I've yet to see an electric snowblower strong enough to plow a driveway with 10 inches of heavy wet snow,
never mind the snow bank left by the snow plows. Oh wait, those won't work either. :D

Upvote 0