Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
For those with a fascination with Israel, here is something to consider:

Israel's 17% unvaccinated now account for 65% of all serious COVID-19 cases
Those that have yet to receive even one shot of a COVID vaccine are only 17 percent of the eligible population in Israel, but they currently represent 65 percent of all serious cases in the country.

As of September 13, out of the 664 severely ill patients, 437 were completely unvaccinated and 168 had received two doses. Only 59 had received the booster shot. The ratios are similar when analyzing new infections.

When calculating per capita, the contrast is even more stark. For every serious case of an Israeli over 60 that had received the booster shot, there are 33 serious cases of unvaccinated Israelis in the same age group.

Oh, and some squiggly lines too:

View attachment 305982

Hmmm. The squiggly lines tell me serious vaccinated cases are going down, while serious UNVACCINATED cases are going up. In Israel. Thousands of miles away. I wonder how that compares to other parts of the world that posters on this thread are from???

Ah, so now even those who have gotten the booster shot are getting Covid! Looks like they'll have to come out with a second version of that too. Maybe that will do the trick!

Upvote 0

JSRG

Apr 14, 2019
Midwest
✟160,690.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Biden knows his vax mandates are unconstitutional
— but just doesn’t care
Didn't this get answered on page 2 of the thread by wing2000?
....here's one view:

"...the Supreme Court resolved the issue of mandatory vaccinations in 1905, ruling 7-2 in Jacobson v. Massachusetts that they were constitutional.

The Constitution “does not import an absolute right in each person to be, at all times and in all circumstances, wholly freed from restraint,” Justice John Marshall Harlan, known for defending civil liberties, wrote. “Real liberty for all could not exist under the operation of a principle which recognizes the right of each individual person to use his own, whether in respect of his person or his property, regardless of the injury that may be done to others.”

"...upon the principle of self-defense, of paramount necessity, a community has the right to protect itself against an epidemic of disease which threatens the safety of its members.”

Vaccination Mandates Are an American Tradition. So Is the Backlash.
The situations are not exactly the same. There are two differences that could render Jacobson v. Massachusetts irrelevant.

So, first, the Massachusetts law that was in question in that Supreme Court case said you had to get vaccinated or pay a fine. That's what the law said. Biden, however, is invoking the Occupational Safety and Health Act to implement his mandate, which does not specifically call for vaccinations. So we come to the first thing that wasn't present in that case: Does OSHA allow for this order? There wasn't any question about whether a law passed to require vaccination required vaccination, but there is obviously more question about whether a more general act could be invoked for this specific purpose.

The second is that this was a state law, whereas Biden's directive would be through a federal law. Here's the thing, though: In the United States, there are things states can set by law that the federal government can't (and vice versa). So just because a state can pass something as a law doesn't mean the federal government can. Thus there is question as to whether the federal government can mandate vaccination under the Constitution.

Of course, if (1) OSHA does allow for it, and (2) it does fall under a constitutional power, then everything I just wrote doesn't actually matter and Jacobson v. Massachusetts would apply. But still, those are differences, and if OSHA does not allow for it or such a declaration would go beyond the federal government's power, then that makes a major difference between the current situation and Jacobson v. Massachusetts and means it no longer functions as real precedent.

Upvote 0

chad kincham

Mar 4, 2009
✟62,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Air bags drastically reduce traffic fatalities, and yet seat belts are still mandated.
Hospitals are filling up with unvaccinated COVID cases.

Try harder next time.
That’s bogus. They are lying

There are doctors out there exposing that fact.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,500.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
As you have already been taught, Israel has a vaccination percentage of more than 80%.
No, just a bit above 60% of the total population is vaccinated.

But that mistake doesn't matter, because my post was talking about how the vaccination rate differences in different age groups, not the overall number. The mistake of assuming vaccination rates are uniform across the entire population was the error I was trying to correct, and your post is doubling down on that.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,500.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
What "single number" are you referring to?

In this hypothetical, the number of 100% of players injured on the field wearing helmets.

Then what is your conclusion?

My approach would be to not conclude that helmets were the cause of injuries in this hypothetical.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,500.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You were telling us how effective the vaccination is. When it was shown that Israel had high rates of vaccinated in the hospitals, your rebuttal was that they have a high rate of vaccination. I responded by showing that despite a high rate of vaccination, they are having their worst rate of infection throughout the entire pandemic.
This is a nice summary of how the anti-vaxx talking points constantly move the goalposts. Note that in 3 posts, it jumped from "the vaccine isn't effective" to "but there are vaccinated people in the hospital" to "but there are a lot of cases". It seems that after having one bit of the narrative compared to the actual data, the reaction isn't to accept the conclusions from that data but instead jump to the next rationalization for why vaccines must be terrible.

This is a reason why I don't bother putting too much work into addressing any particular talking point - the work will just be ignored in an effort to rust to the next sound bit.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,500.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Loving others also means respecting their right to not inject themselves with questionable substances.
I totally respect their right to do so. I also respect the right of employers and the general public to choose to not interact socially or economically with people exercising that right.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,500.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Ah, so now even those who have gotten the booster shot are getting Covid!
Continuing to post surprise that vaccines aren't 100% effective is just going to make people conclude that your posts aren't based on an informed understanding of how vaccines work.

• Winner
Reactions: muichimotsu
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟651,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
In this hypothetical, the number of 100% of players injured on the field wearing helmets.

My approach would be to not conclude that helmets were the cause of injuries in this hypothetical.

Not a very good conclusion since there have actually been investigations into why so many players have suffered brain damage during their football careers. The design of helmets is exactly what they focused on. Brain Disease Is Common in Former Football Players: Study

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟651,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I totally respect their right to do so. I also respect the right of employers and the general public to choose to not interact socially or economically with people exercising that right.

I didn't know discrimination by employers was suddenly acceptable.

• Haha
Reactions: muichimotsu
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟651,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Continuing to post surprise that vaccines aren't 100% effective is just going to make people conclude that your posts aren't based on an informed understanding of how vaccines work.

And now you're not only dismissing evidence that the "vaccines" are ineffective, you're also dismissing the new booster's effectiveness (or lack thereof) as well. If that's what "science" looks like, no wonder more people are rejecting what it's become.

Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Not a very good conclusion since there have actually been investigations into why so many players have suffered brain damage during their football careers. The design of helmets is exactly what they focused on. Brain Disease Is Common in Former Football Players: Study

Ah, but that doesn't "prove" that these "helmets" are actually preventing, and not causing the injuries... you've completely overlooked the partnership between Big Helmet Industry and the New World Order...

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟329,769.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Sure there are, as you'd expect. And what they've found is that some helmets work better than others and that any helmet is definitely better than no helmet. They've used the data to make better helmets.

At the same time, they've also found that helmets aren't the cause of the concussions, merely that some aren't as effective as other types. What they found is that the constant hits to the head are causing the concussions, and so they've changed the rules to limit hits to the head.

Which actually correlates fairly well with the vaccine. The vaccine isn't causing the virus and there are things they can do to help protect people better (such as use of masks). At the same time, the vaccine is effective in helping prevent people from getting COVID, as well as helping prevent severe cases. Instead, they find that people who refuse to were a helmet (get the vaccine) are the ones that are most at risk and cause most of the spread of the disease, as well as filling hospitals to the point that other sick people can't get treatment that would otherwise save their lives.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟651,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What happened to my body my choice?

The same thing that happened to, "We're all in this together", and "Let's celebrate our differences". Nice sounding phrases that work for those who can use it to further their own agenda, but suddenly ignored when they discover that an actual truth can cut the other way when the shoe is on the other foot.

• Agree
Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,500.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I bet these conclusions weren't based on the sole fact that every player injured on the field was wearing a helmet, though. Kinda like cherry-picking a single figure about covid cases isn't used to jump to a conclusion about vaccines.

Upvote 0