Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Covid Live Updates: Biden Unveils Vaccine Mandate Plan Covering Two-Thirds of U.S. Workers

Also on Thursday, he ordered mandatory vaccination for nearly 300,000 educators in the federal Head Start Program. He announced that he would use the Defense Production Act to increase the production of rapid testing kits and would work with retailers including Amazon and Walmart to expand their availability. And he said the Transportation Security Administration would now double fines on passengers who refuse to wear masks, among other steps.

Mr. Biden is acting through a combination of executive orders and new federal rules. Under his plan, federal workers, contractors and health care workers employed by institutions that accept Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement will not be allowed to opt out of testing by undergoing mandatory vaccination. Private sector businesses that have 100 or more employees will have to require vaccination, or mandatory weekly testing, for their workers after Mr. Biden instructs the Occupational Safety and Health Administration to draft a rule.

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What's the punishment non-compliance?

"Companies that fail to comply with these rules will face fines. By statute, OSHA fines are quite small: $13,653 for a “serious” violation. But the agency can cite multiple health or safety failures when it wants to beef up penalties, or it can issue fines for “willful” violations, which each come with a higher price of $136,532."

Upvote 0

Clizby WampusCat

Jul 8, 2019
Texas
✟109,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
My understanding is that federal employees and contractors have to get the shot to work, companies greater than 100 have to get the shot or a weekly test, health care workers that work for a business that gets Medicare or Medicaid have to get the shot. They want to pressure schools to mandate vaccines for kids over 12. Biden said he would not mandate the vaccine, another lie.

But people flooding across the border do not need to get the shot, people from Afghanistan do not need to get the shot. How typical. We trust the Taliban but we don't trust Americans to do what they want with their own bodies. Oh wait.

I doubt this is constitutional and we will have to see how this plays out. I am vaccinated because I believe it is the right thing to do for myself after my research. I would never condone mandating a vaccine to anyone. That should be a personal choice. If I get Covid being vaccinated there is a great possibility I will not need to be hospitalized, if someone non vaccinated gets Covid that possibility is greatly increased. So it seems to me that the unvaccinated are only really harming themselves anyway.

Having said this I am a strong supporter of the vaccine and would recommend people get it if they can. If they choose.

Upvote 0

Clizby WampusCat

Jul 8, 2019
Texas
✟109,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,406.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Biden said he would not mandate the vaccine, another lie.

When did he say that?

I doubt this is constitutional.

From what I understand, this covers federal employees and contractors, firms that bill to medicare/medicaid, and firms covered by OSHA - because the feds already have constitutional levers to use against those firms.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Clizby WampusCat

Jul 8, 2019
Texas
✟109,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
When did he say that?
Dec 5, 2020. To be fair he said he would not mandate it for all Americans. But in context he seems to have meant no mandates at all.

From what I understand, this covers federal employees and contractors, firms that bill to medicare/medicaid, and firms covered by OSHA - because the feds already have constitutional levers to use against those firms.
Yes, but just because someone works for the federal government does not mean the federal government can violate a persons rights. The president cannot mandate unlawful seizure or punish you for a religious belief just because you work for the government.

You think it is ok to force a construction worker that works for a private company that is contracted with the federal government to have to choose between the job and putting something in their body they do not want? Or a health care worker in the same situation? What exactly does freedom mean to you?

Would you be ok if Trump mandated that anyone working for the federal government is barred from having an abortion?

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,425,774.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, but just because someone works for the federal government does not mean the federal government can violate a persons rights.

The government has rights to ensure the safety of the workplace just as any other employer does.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟606,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My understanding is that federal employees and contractors have to get the shot to work, companies greater than 100 have to get the shot or a weekly test, health care workers that work for a business that gets Medicare or Medicaid have to get the shot. They want to pressure schools to mandate vaccines for kids over 12. Biden said he would not mandate the vaccine, another lie.

But people flooding across the border do not need to get the shot, people from Afghanistan do not need to get the shot. How typical. We trust the Taliban but we don't trust Americans to do what they want with their own bodies. Oh wait.

I doubt this is constitutional and we will have to see how this plays out. I am vaccinated because I believe it is the right thing to do for myself after my research. I would never condone mandating a vaccine to anyone. That should be a personal choice. If I get Covid being vaccinated there is a great possibility I will not need to be hospitalized, if someone non vaccinated gets Covid that possibility is greatly increased. So it seems to me that the unvaccinated are only really harming themselves anyway.

Having said this I am a strong supporter of the vaccine and would recommend people get it if they can. If they choose.

I agree with you 100%.

Upvote 0

Clizby WampusCat

Jul 8, 2019
Texas
✟109,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The government has rights to ensure the safety of the workplace just as any other employer does.
Not at the expense of people constitutional rights. This will be decided in the courts.

• Agree
Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟299,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Would you be ok if Trump mandated that anyone working for the federal government is barred from having an abortion?

How would that affect workplace safety?

This policy (OSHA Covid vaccination requirements), clearly reduces the danger of Covid transmission in the work place.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,155.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Not at the expense of people constitutional rights. This will be decided in the courts.
Rights don’t enter into it, friend, this is filed under “responsibilities”, you know the “check” on the “total-freedom” that would result in anarchy.

• Agree
Reactions: Paulos23
Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Look at how many support tyranny. One day they’ll go after something you disagree with, but it will be too late.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,065.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Look at how many support tyranny. One day they’ll go after something you disagree with, but it will be too late.

Get this...
Get this...if you take the vaccine...
Get this...
Your government
Your government will...
Make you take another one next year.

Upvote 0