Biden Creating Commission to Study Expanding the Supreme Court

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟137,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

trunks2k

Contributor
Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Zoning laws.
Hey now. My ability to park directly in front of my house on a public street in a dense urban area is the moral issue of our times. We shall not allow the heathens to upzone a property. All those additional people mean OTHER people will have to park in front of my house.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟333,389.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Zoning laws.

Well with bidens new plan to change zoning laws it swings into the area of what many believe is a meal issue. The reason for the change is to remove single dwelling homes and put everyone into multiple units. It's for the climate. Which for many many people is a moral issue. Climate change is a moral issue.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
This might be a procedural move, so that they can get a judiciary subcommittee set up to receive the Commission’s Report, which the President will share with Congress to make sure that “everything’s above board” and due diligence and like that there.

That would make sense... I still maintain that Biden's going to abide by the Commission's ruling -- which will probably be "no" to expanding the court.

Knowing then that Biden would then veto the bill, the Congressional Democrats can either kill it themselves, or let McConnell play with it until it dies.

EDITED TO ADD: Unless.... hmmm...

If McConnell thought Biden was going to veto the bill, he might decide not to obstruct it, figuring a veto would be a rebuke to the Dems in Congress. Biden could then do a 180 and sign the bill, and the egg would be on Mitch's face.

Naahhhh.... McConnell would never risk letting something get done when obstruction is in his blood.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Belk

Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟895,643.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Well with bidens new plan to change zoning laws it swings into the area of what many believe is a meal issue. The reason for the change is to remove single dwelling homes and put everyone into multiple units. It's for the climate. Which for many many people is a moral issue. Climate change is a moral issue.

There are federal zoning laws?

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟333,389.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

super animator

Dreamer
Mar 25, 2009
✟134,615.00
Faith
Agnostic
Last edited:
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

Belk

Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟895,643.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
It's not a federal mandate, however in his plan he wants federal tax dollars to go to cities that change their zoning laws to undo the single family housing and create multiple family housing units to combat climate change, and social injustice. Which are moral issues.

Biden's infrastructure plan calls for cities to limit single-family zoning and instead build affordable housing

Social injustice is a moral issue, I fail to see how the same can be said for climate change. In any case I sit corrected.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟343,217.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Zero chance of passing in senate with the filibuster still alive an kicking.

Side note: Biden should veto this, as this will do nothing but open the Pandora box that McConnell will take advantage of.
Zero chance of passing in the House since Speaker Pelosi doesn't support it. It's a messaging bill.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟208,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I guess what I am looking for is proactive dialog. If we don’t discuss solutions to the issue, then all we have left is complaints.
We need to make it easier for third party candidates and independents to run. We need voter integrity--each citizen gets one vote. Term limits. Transparency, automatic release of records. Penalties for those who break such laws.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟622,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Zero chance of passing in the House since Speaker Pelosi doesn't support it. It's a messaging bill.

I never thought I'd see the day when we have to count on Pelosi to save what's left of this country.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I never thought I'd see the day when we have to count on Pelosi to save what's left of this country.

I never thought I'd see the day when the proposal of a single law which we all agree had zero chance of passing anyway would be seen as an existential threat to the country.

No... scratch that. I've seen such histrionics before.

Upvote 0

Triumvirate

Oct 22, 2020
London
✟21,962.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I never thought I'd see the day when the proposal of a single law which we all agree had zero chance of passing anyway would be seen as an existential threat to the country.

No... scratch that. I've seen such histrionics before.

Isn't that basically any time Dems put legislation forward

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Isn't that basically any time Dems put legislation forward

Indeed, I now realize my mistake. I've seen so many days like this that I've learned to tune them out.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟622,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Expanding the Court will doom the country? Is the sky falling as well?

It would certainly change the direction of which laws are upheld or rejected. But it seems that some people want the rules changed to get laws changed.

Upvote 0