• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Biden Creating Commission to Study Expanding the Supreme Court

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by 98cwitr, Apr 9, 2021.

1. 98cwitr

98cwitr Lord forgive me Staff Member Red Team - Moderator Supporter

+2,892
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Biden Creating Commission to Study Expanding the Supreme Court

"For Us, by the Elites."

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. TLK Valentine

TLK Valentine You will be who you will be. We are our choices.

+25,222
    Agnostic
    Single
  3. Danthemailman

Danthemailman Well-Known Member

+1,774
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  4. GoldenBoy89

GoldenBoy89 We're Still Here

+22,268
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    The GOP has appointed 3 judges to a lifetime seat in the Supreme Court within a 4 year span with a president who couldn’t win the popular vote even once and lost reelection. As it stands now they have a 6-3 conservative majority on the bench and they want to complain about the few controlling the many.

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • List
  5. Fantine

Fantine Dona Quixote Supporter

+9,067
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    The NY Times had a really good series on this. On the lower court level, seat numbers had not been on increased since 1994 although case numbers have skyrocketed.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  6. Guinan

Guinan Live long and prosper.

+1,530
    United States
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    US-Republican
    Speaking as a Republican, I think the Supreme Court is too conservative and it needs to be balanced. Biden seems to have the solution that's needed to create that balance. I think it's wise of him to weigh the pros and cons of expanding the SCOTUS. I personally agree with him on conducting the study.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. 98cwitr

+2,892
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Constitution
    A decision, many feel, should not be even on the table. Many will feel that this is literal tyranny; assume that word still has realized negative impacts to true liberty for Americans.

8. 98cwitr

+2,892
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Would you unpack what the label "Republican" (and the ideologies behind it) means to you?

9. iluvatar5150

iluvatar5150 Well-Known Member

+18,368
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Setting up a bi-partisan commission to study an issue, then following legal processes to implement the recommendations of that commission is about as antithetical to tyranny as you can get.

10. GoldenBoy89

GoldenBoy89 We're Still Here

+22,268
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    I think the GOPs dirty tactics of stalling on Obama’s appointments and then forcing through Trump’s especially last year’s immediately after the passing of RBG woke a lot of people up to the blatant power grab they were after and the people responded not too long after with the election.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. Guinan

Guinan Live long and prosper.

+1,530
    United States
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    US-Republican
    I think you're right, GoldenBoy89. I responded to it myself when I voted for Biden too. I couldn't wait to cast my vote for him, so I voted early. I can't express the relief I felt when I first heard that he had won the election. I'm still deeply relieved that we don't have to face four more years of Trump.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. essentialsaltes

essentialsaltes Stranger in a Strange Land

+20,550
    United States
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
    Promises kept!

But honestly, he will keep the promise by ordering this study, and that's it.

In the unlikely event that it recommends packing the court, he will nevertheless not pack the court.

But if it keeps angry people needlessly angry for months, so be it.

13. TLK Valentine

+25,222
    Agnostic
    Single
    And many will feel that it should be given careful consideration.

Fret not -- I'm sure the commission will take such feelings under advisement.

14. Sparagmos

Sparagmos Well-Known Member

+6,099
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Ah, so the word is he’s not going to do it?

15. TLK Valentine

+25,222
    Agnostic
    Single
    The word is it seems unlikely the commission is going to recommend it.

...and Biden is unlikely to do something that experts don't recommend.

• List
  16. essentialsaltes

essentialsaltes Stranger in a Strange Land

+20,550
    United States
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
    I honestly have no idea, or inside scoop, but I think it's really implausible.

But if it keeps the GOP chasing its tail while we pass some infrastructure and corporate tax bills through Congress, so much the better.

17. TLK Valentine

+25,222
    Agnostic
    Single
    Seems like overkill when the GOP is just as likely to chase its tail over Dr. Seuss or baseball games.

18. jgarden

jgarden Senior Veteran

+3,132
    Methodist
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  19. rjs330

rjs330 Well-Known Member

+3,002
    Pentecostal
    Too conservative? Really? If look at all the cases it's done over the last four years you certainly couldn't say that in the least. It's been a very balanced court and still leans more left in it's decision making.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  20. rjs330

rjs330 Well-Known Member

+3,002
    Pentecostal
    And this is why the left wants to pack the court? Cause they just happen to not have won an election? If someone retires during Bidens tenure then he can get a liberal judge. This whole court packing is nothing but a leftist move in order because they can't actually win in the arena of ideas. They lose, so they want a court that won't allow them to.

Biden himself said that court packing is a boneheaded idea. Now he want to consider being the bonehead. Well, if he does pack the court maybe someday the republicans can win again and we will just pack it ouselves. And the battle continues.