Biden cancels all Pentagon money used for Trump's Mexico border wall

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I'm not talking about Hispanics. I'm talking about criminals.

Why do you equate the two?

But you're not talking about criminals.

I'm a criminal, and I know I'm not hurtful.
Martin Luther King saw the inside of more jail cells than you or I ever will -- do you consider him hurtful?
Jesus of Nazareth was tried, convicted, and executed -- was He hurtful?

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,307.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
But you're not talking about criminals.

Criminal Penalties for Improper Entry to the U.S.
For the first improper entry offense, the person can be fined (as a criminal penalty), or imprisoned for up to six months, or both.

For a subsequent offense, the person can be fined or imprisoned for up to two years, or both. (See 8 U.S.C. Section 1325, I.N.A. Section 275.)

Is It a Crime to Enter the U.S. Illegally?

I'm a criminal, and I know I'm not hurtful.
Martin Luther King saw the inside of more jail cells than you or I ever will -- do you consider him hurtful?
Jesus of Nazareth was tried, convicted, and executed -- was He hurtful?

Have you read Romans 13?

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,307.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I have -- You still haven't explained how they, I, MLK, or Jesus are "hurtful" criminals.

What was Yahshua's crime?

Are you, or was MLK, an illegal alien?

This thread concerns illegal aliens.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
What was Yahshua's crime?

Sedition. He was the Messiah, was he not?

Are you, or was MLK, an illegal alien?

This thread concerns illegal aliens.

Ah -- for a moment, I thought you were talking about criminals.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,307.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
So this thread does concern criminals.

Now you understand.

Illegally crossing the US border is a crime. That makes those who violate this law, criminals. It rudimentary really.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Now you understand.

Illegally crossing the US border is a crime. That makes those who violate this law, criminals. It rudimentary really.

But you said that an "invasion" involves something hurtful.

They are criminals.
I'm a criminal.
Martin Luther King was a criminal.
Jesus of Nazareth was a criminal.

Which of us are hurtful?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,307.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
But you said that an "invasion" involves something hurtful.

They are criminals.
I'm a criminal.
Martin Luther King was a criminal.
Jesus of Nazareth was a criminal.

Which of us are hurtful?

Illegal invasion is hurtful for many reasons.

One of the big ones is the effect that it has on the American worker. You see, labor is subject to supply and demand just like anything else. When illegals saturate the market with inexpensive labor, it devalues the the labor of Americans, all the way up the ladder. Who benefits the most? The wealthiest.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,388,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One of the big ones is the effect that it has on the American worker. You see, labor is subject to supply and demand just like anything else. When illegals saturate the market with inexpensive labor, it devalues the the labor of Americans, all the way up the ladder. Who benefits the most? The wealthiest.

Agreed.
Hiring illegal labor is a crime -- yet very rarely prosecuted. Why is that?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Illegal invasion is hurtful for many reasons.

Funny -- I was just talking in another thread about an apparent labor shortage.

Because you might want to note that, for example, in agriculture, illegal labor isn't hurting the industry, it's the foundation of it:

Economic Impact of Immigration

• At least 50-70 percent of farm laborers in the country today are unauthorized. Few U.S. workers are willing to fill available farm labor jobs.
  • The impacts of an enforcement only approach to immigration would be detrimental to the agricultural industry. If agriculture were to lose access to all undocumented workers, agricultural output would fall by $30 to $60 billion.
Farmworkers, Mostly Undocumented, Become ‘Essential’ During Pandemic (Published 2020)

"About half of all crop hands in the United States, more than one million, are undocumented immigrants, according to the Agriculture Department. Growers and labor contractors estimate that the share is closer to 75 percent.

Despite increased mechanization, the agriculture sector has continued to struggle with a dearth of labor because many fruits and vegetables must be harvested by hand to avoid bruising.

In a 2017 survey of farmers by the California Farm Bureau, 55 percent reported labor shortages, and the figure was nearly 70 percent for those who depend on seasonal workers. Wage increases in recent years have not compensated for the shortfall, growers said."

So you see, these "invaders" are the backbone of the agricultural industry which puts food on your table (not just the tables of the wealthiest), and there still aren't enough to get the job done.

Meanwhile, MLK's criminal acts were certainly hurtful to the economy -- that was, indeed, his entire strategy. But when he came into, say, Birmingham, would you have called it an "invasion"?

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,307.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Agreed.
Hiring illegal labor is a crime -- yet very rarely prosecuted. Why is that?

How do you suppose that our government would enforce it; when illegals go door to door soliciting homeowners for work, at bargain prices? It not like the illegals are filing tax returns?

So how does the government catch them at the homeowners door, after they are dispersed all over the country; when they are inept at stopping them at the border?

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,388,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How do you suppose that our government would enforce it; when illegals go door to door soliciting homeowners for work, at bargain prices? It not like the illegals are filing tax returns?

So how does the government catch them at the homeowners door, after they are dispersed all over the country; when they are inept at stopping them at the border?

Start by making e-Verify mandatory across the entire country (and addressing the data quality issues with e-Verify). Ultimately, a national ID card should be required for anytype of employment IMO.

As for the informal economy....there not a thing the government can do to stop that. It's up to individual AMericans to stop that behavior.....including my neighbors who decry illegal immigration and then turn around and hire them to landscape their yard....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Start by making e-Verify mandatory across the entire country (and addressing the data quality issues with e-Verify). Ultimately, a national ID card should be required for anytype of employment IMO.

As for the informal economy....there not a thing the government can do to stop that. It's up to individual AMericans to stop that behavior.....including my neighbors who decry illegal immigration and then turn around and hire them to landscape their yard....
I have always wondered why it is the Republicans who have been stalling on e-verify and a national ID card.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,307.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Funny -- I was just talking in another thread about an apparent labor shortage.

Because you might want to note that, for example, in agriculture, illegal labor isn't hurting the industry, it's the foundation of it:

Economic Impact of Immigration

• At least 50-70 percent of farm laborers in the country today are unauthorized. Few U.S. workers are willing to fill available farm labor jobs.
  • The impacts of an enforcement only approach to immigration would be detrimental to the agricultural industry. If agriculture were to lose access to all undocumented workers, agricultural output would fall by $30 to $60 billion.
Farmworkers, Mostly Undocumented, Become ‘Essential’ During Pandemic (Published 2020)

"About half of all crop hands in the United States, more than one million, are undocumented immigrants, according to the Agriculture Department. Growers and labor contractors estimate that the share is closer to 75 percent.

Despite increased mechanization, the agriculture sector has continued to struggle with a dearth of labor because many fruits and vegetables must be harvested by hand to avoid bruising.

In a 2017 survey of farmers by the California Farm Bureau, 55 percent reported labor shortages, and the figure was nearly 70 percent for those who depend on seasonal workers. Wage increases in recent years have not compensated for the shortfall, growers said."

So you see, these "invaders" are the backbone of the agricultural industry which puts food on your table (not just the tables of the wealthiest), and there still aren't enough to get the job done.

Meanwhile, MLK's criminal acts were certainly hurtful to the economy -- that was, indeed, his entire strategy. But when he came into, say, Birmingham, would you have called it an "invasion"?

Oh, I think I see where you're going with this. It's the tired old argument that "they're doing the jobs that no one else will do."

That's a nonsensical argument. People WILL eat. That's a priority for every American. Americans don't want to do that job because the wages of that have been deflated by illegal labor. If those illegals were expelled; you would see a sharp rise in the demand for food. You can be assured that farmers would pay a fair wage to their employees to meet that market demand. Don't tell me that if the illegals were expelled; that Americans would stop eating.

All of the Americans who sought that new economic opportunity, would create a labor shortage that would ascend to every other industry. Our labor, which is our time, which is our life, would be restored to a fair value, that couldn't so be so easily exploited by the Fascist Oligarchy.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,307.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

This is how the bulk of these people work. The people I see hiring illegal labor, love illegal immigration. They love that they can get their home fully remodeled (big money) on the cheap.

It can be stopped. It can be stopped at the border. Self policing, through conscience, doesn't work. If that worked, it would have worked already. The collective conscience of those who support illegal immigration, isn't finding conviction of how this affects their countrymen.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Oh, I think I see where you're going with this. It's the tired old argument that "they're doing the jobs that no one else will do."

Actually, the argument is "An entire industry is propped up by 'illegal' labor --what does that tell you about the nature of the industry?"

That's a nonsensical argument. People WILL eat. That's a priority for every American.

Correct. You WILL eat. Which means you WILL pay.

Americans don't want to do that job because the wages of that have been deflated by illegal labor. If those illegals were expelled; you would see a sharp rise in the demand for food.

And a corresponding sharp rise in the price for food.

You can be assured that farmers would pay a fair wage to their employees to meet that market demand. Don't tell me that if the illegals were expelled; that Americans would stop eating.

I'm not saying that at all. I'm just saying I hope you and the rest of the country are ready to pay up to twice what you're currently paying at the supermarket.

The wealthiest can afford that -- can you?

Ah, who cares? You WILL pay.

All of the Americans who sought that new economic opportunity, would create a labor shortage that would ascend to every other industry. Our labor, which is our time, which is our life, would be restored to a fair value, that couldn't so be so easily exploited by the Fascist Oligarchy.

You really believe the "Fascist Oligarchy" would allow that? That's adorable. Who do you think controls the businesses which set the prices? Who do you think controls the government that controls the military which is prohibited by law from going to the border to stop the "invaders"?

But you really should be careful -- that kind of talk will get you labeled a "Marxist" around here.

Meanwhile, Jesus of Nazareth is still a "criminal." Did he "invade" Jerusalem on Palm Sunday?
Martin Luther King is still a "criminal." Did he "invade" Birmingham in April 1963?
I'm still a "criminal." Am I "invading" this forum?

Would you have called upon the military to deal with us?

Upvote 0