Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
You talk about the number of undetected crossings (let's call this X amount), to those who are caught (overall? Let's call this Y) and compare that ratio (X to Y) to the ratio of ii's caught (what is this ratio in comparison to the X to Y ratio?
Silly. You just count up all of the undetected illegal immigrants. But be careful: if you don’t count ALL of the undetected immigrants the number of undetected immigrants will be wrong.

Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If our congress authorized this "wall money" go to our pentagon, then it should be used by our military. Trump "stole" the money to pay for his unauthorized campaign talking point. Trump has never seen a law or rule that he will not break if he benefits from it personally! This wall merely provides a dry hiding spot for the tunnel folk. We need to build more bridges instead of walls in America!

Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟932,333.00
Faith
Atheist
If our congress authorized this "wall money" go to our pentagon, then it should be used by our military. Trump "stole" the money to pay for his unauthorized campaign talking point. Trump has never seen a law or rule that he will not break if he benefits from it personally! This wall merely provides a dry hiding spot for the tunnel folk. We need to build more bridges instead of walls in America!
To be fair, I believe SCOTUS ruled that the president had the authority to redirect that money. I'm not sure of the scope of that ruling.

Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
To be fair, I believe SCOTUS ruled that the president had the authority to redirect that money. I'm not sure of the scope of that ruling.

That is something I wasn't aware of. Thanks for the info. I would agree if there was indeed a real emergency. It seems quite political to me, not legal. I appreciate your reply.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Because Donald declared a phony "national emergency," which authorized him to divert money as he saw fit. Congress tried to stop him, but of course, this was back when McConnell ruled the Senate... and Donald had McConnell in his pocket.

The laws determining what does or doesn't constitute a "national emergency" are vague enough to have allowed him to do it.

Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟932,333.00
Faith
Atheist
Because Donald declared a phony "national emergency," which authorized him to divert money as he saw fit. Congress tried to stop him, but of course, this was back when McConnell ruled the Senate... and Donald had McConnell in his pocket.

The laws determining what does or doesn't constitute a "national emergency" are vague enough to have allowed him to do it.
Thanks for the refresher. I wasn't defending it; just saying that there was suit and a decision.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for the refresher. I wasn't defending it; just saying that there was suit and a decision.

Yeah, I couldn't recall if SCOTUS ever actually weighed in on it, but I remember the discussions on how vague the "national emergencies" laws were.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
So will these folk be given “duties” right off the bat, or will you allow them due process before the slavery begins?

Do you consider sentences of community service, and restitution as slavery when it is applied to American juvenile delinquents?

Are you suggesting that our governments (Federal and local) are enslaving children?

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
As I recall, Jesus wasn't impressed with those who use national identity as an excuse to mistreat the foreigner. Reference - the parable of the Good Samaritan.

Do you make no distinction between between foreigners and criminals?

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
No, thanks. Argumentum ad Youtube bores me. (Besides, my internet connection is a bit spotty)

If a person can't say it in their own words, I'm not going to bother listening to someone else's.

Besides, whether you are a libertarian or an anarchist is irrelevant. You could be a Klingon for all I care. You claim not to be an authoritarian, and I believe you. But, you persist in making a common mistake that they tend to make -- to wit, you seek out the highest authority on a subject, and assume that only what it explicitly says is relevant to the discussion.

Clearly you've overlooked that the Constitution also says that not only it, but also "the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land..."

This would include the Knott Amendment, which forbids the army from being used to enforce domestic
policy... and as immigration is a domestic issue, that pretty much takes care of that.

Protecting our borders from foreign invasion is not a domestic policy.

I telling clue is that foreigners are not domestics.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
No, thanks. Argumentum ad Youtube bores me. (Besides, my internet connection is a bit spotty)

If a person can't say it in their own words, I'm not going to bother listening to someone else's.

Libertarians are at the opposite end of the political spectrum from Authoritarians, just so you know. The Texas militia would make quick work of this problem, if it weren't for the Feds telling them to go home.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Protecting our borders from foreign invasion is not a domestic policy.

I telling clue is that foreigners are not domestics.

The problem is that illegal immigration is not an "invasion," no matter how you try to spin it. The people coming to our country have neither the desire nor the ability to overthrow or take over our government. And they're certainly not going to kill us if we try to stop them.

Now, when the Israelites went to Canaan, that was an invasion... see the difference?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Libertarians are at the opposite end of the political spectrum from Authoritarians, just so you know. The Texas militia would make quick work of this problem, if it weren't for the Feds telling them to go home.

With enough firepower, any militia could.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,427,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you make no distinction between between foreigners and criminals?

I see you have moved on from labeling illegal immigrants as "invaders" to "criminals". Of course, I distinguish criminals in any population. However, Jesus wasn't addressing that point was He?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I see you have moved on from labeling illegal immigrants as "invaders" to "criminals". Of course, I distinguish criminals in any population. However, Jesus wasn't addressing that point was He?

Considering that Jesus himself was arrested, tried, and executed as a criminal himself, it wouldn't have been in his interest to condemn his fellow lawbreakers.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
The problem is that illegal immigration is not an "invasion," no matter how you try to spin it. The people coming to our country have neither the desire nor the ability to overthrow or take over our government. And they're certainly not going to kill us if we try to stop them.

Now, when the Israelites went to Canaan, that was an invasion... see the difference?

Definition of invasion
1 : an act of invading especially : incursion of an army for conquest or plunder
2 : the incoming or spread of something usually hurtful

Definition of INVASION

See definition 2.

Legal Definition of home invasion
: the crime of entering a dwelling and committing or with intent to commit a crime (as assault) while armed and while another is lawfully present

Legal Definition of HOME INVASION

They do this too.

No spin here.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I see you have moved on from labeling illegal immigrants as "invaders" to "criminals".

Both apply. We can use these words interchangeably.

Of course, I distinguish criminals in any population.

This is good to see. Some attempt to claim that illegal immigrants aren't criminals.

However, Jesus wasn't addressing that point was He?

Exactly. He wasn't talking about those who climbed over the wall of the city, under cover of darkness. He was talking about those who entered through the gates. Yahshua didn't support lawlessness.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Definition of invasion
1 : an act of invading especially : incursion of an army for conquest or plunder
2 : the incoming or spread of something usually hurtful

Definition of INVASION

See definition 2.

Having established that they are not 1., I fail to see how Hispanics are hurtful. Perhaps you can explain it to me?

Now the Israelites... man, they were hurtful. Tried their best (but ultimately failed) to wipe out the Canaanites.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Having established that they are not 1., I fail to see how Hispanics are hurtful. Perhaps you can explain it to me?

I'm not talking about Hispanics. I'm talking about criminals.

Why do you equate the two?

Upvote 0