Biden asks: "Can you think of any other President that has done as much in one year?"

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟214,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Item 4 of the Daily Signal's takeaways from Joe's press conference quotes him

"Can you think of any other President that has done as much in one year?"
The president continued:
I don’t think there has been as much on any incoming president’s plate that has been a bigger menu than the plate I had given to me. I’m not complaining. I knew that running in. The fact of the matter is, we got an awful lot done, and there is more to get done. But let me ask a rhetorical question. No, I won’t.

8 Takeaways From Biden’s First Press Conference of 2022
I think a comparison of the against the previous president is in order.
1) Afghanistan-- Under President Trump, no Americans were killed in combat for 18 months.
Under Biden, thirteen Americans were killed and many Americans and horribly wounded, after Joe pulled out the military before civilians were
evacuated and turned security over to the Taliban.
2) Energy Trump made America energy independent.
Joe shut down a pipeline released America's emergency reserve of oil,
oil prices have skyrocketed.
3) Economy Inflation is skyrocketing with Biden.
4) Border Security Trump was just weeks away from completing, Biden scrapped the fence and refuses to turn over fencing to the states for protecting. Cartels have enriched themselves through massive increase in sex and drug trafficking.
5) Biden remains passive as murders and drive-by shootings destroy our country.
There are five for starters.

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

The president continued:
I don’t think there has been as much on any incoming president’s plate that has been a bigger menu than the plate I had given to me. I’m not complaining. I knew that running in. The fact of the matter is, we got an awful lot done, and there is more to get done. But let me ask a rhetorical question. No, I won’t.

1) Afghanistan-- Under President Trump, no Americans were killed in combat for 18 months.
Under Biden, thirteen Americans were killed and many Americans and horribly wounded, after Joe pulled out the military before civilians were
4) Border Security Trump was just weeks away from completing, Biden scrapped the fence and refuses to turn over fencing to the states for protecting. Cartels have enriched themselves through massive increase in sex and drug trafficking.

Well.........The inflation rate was approximately 2% for the four years prior to Biden. Now it is at a 40 year high of nearly 7% in just ONE year!

Nothing Trump did or didn't do compares with the fallout Biden and the U.S. has endured because of the horrific pullout of U.S. troops from Afghanistan. It has shaken world confidence in U.S. leadership.

Now Russia is acting in a way never seen during the Trump administration. Russia appears to be preparing for war with Ukraine, which is a replay of sorts of Russia's taking of Crimea when Biden was a vice president when he and Obama sent blankets to Ukrine.

Covid 19 is worse now than ever before and that was Mr. Bidens claim to fame.

Legislative Accomplishments = His largest legislative victory came with the signing of a $1 trillion infrastructure bill which added to the deficient and increased inflation.
In Biden's first year, during his first 100 Days, was focused on reversing Trump policies through a flurry of executive actions that did, in fact, reverse Trump policies and opened the border to millions of illegal people.

Law and Order.
There can be little doubt that among the biggest issues of the day is the lack of law and order across America today.

I for one am very hard pressed to remember ANYONE who has had a worse 1st year than Mr. Biden.

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,149,607.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Well.........The inflation rate was approximately 2% for the four years prior to Biden. Now it is at a 40 year high of nearly 7% in just ONE year!

Nothing Trump did or didn't do compares with the fallout Biden and the U.S. has endured because of the horrific pullout of U.S. troops from Afghanistan. It has shaken world confidence in U.S. leadership.

Now Russia is acting in a way never seen during the Trump administration. Russia appears to be preparing for war with Ukraine, which is a replay of sorts of Russia's taking of Crimea when Biden was a vice president when he and Obama sent blankets to Ukrine.

Legislative Accomplishments = His largest legislative victory came with the signing of a $1 trillion infrastructure bill which added to the deficient and increased inflation.
In Biden's first year, during his first 100 Days, was focused on reversing Trump policies through a flurry of executive actions that did, in fact, reverse Trump policies and opened the border to millions of illegal people.

Law and Order.
There can be little doubt that among the biggest issues of the day is the lack of law and order across America today.

I for one am very hard pressed to remember ANYONE who has had a worse 1st year than Mr. Biden.
Inflation has hit worldwide. Please tell me how Biden caused it? The sudden shock of inflation was caused by a black swan event, covid, not Biden.

Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Basil the Great

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green

Law and Order.

As far as I am concerned, the crime rate is an even bigger issue than inflation, though the polls will show otherwise.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,627.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

Presidents’ actions take (often) years to affect an economy.
Joe Biden’s “economy” didn’t even start until October 1, 2021.

The inflation that we’re seeing now is the fallout from the COVID-crash/rebound and “trade wars are good and easy to win”.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Inflation has hit worldwide. Please tell me how Biden caused it? The sudden shock of inflation was caused by a black swan event, covid, not Biden.
So government spending has nothing to do with inflation, now that is an interesting claim.

• Agree
Reactions: Major1
Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,182.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
So government spending has nothing to do with inflation, now that is an interesting claim.
That isn't what was claimed. The American Rescue Plan probably did contribute to inflation, but record inflation is hitting the entire planet, so it's hard to pin the whole thing on Biden.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The president continued:

He's not been known for choosing his words carefully.

I would argue that presidents inheriting the fallout of things like the civil war and WW2 had a tougher job than him...I'd say the same for presidents trying to navigate the delicate situations like the cold war.

Saying "we" got a lot done ("we" referring to him and his team) is a bit of grandstanding... presidents have long tried to take credit for things that outside forces were actually responsible for, and blame everything that's not going well on the previous administration.

It's kind of like when Trump tried to take credit for the vaccines in some recent interviews (when it was the scientists and researchers were responsible for making that happen).

At this point in time, with his advanced age, I'd be impressed if Biden could complete a moderately difficult crossword puzzle.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That isn't what was claimed. The American Rescue Plan probably did contribute to inflation, but record inflation is hitting the entire planet, so it's hard to pin the whole thing on Biden.
And that assumes that the U.S. economy should follow the same trends as the economy in other countries.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,575.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single

The president continued:

What exactly was "just weeks away from completing"?

The border wall that was supposed to stretch from coast to coast?

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Thanks for asking.

Here is Biden on video promising he would "lower costs.".
On "Today" Mr. Biden on video promised that he would "lower costs.".
US gov reports inflation up to 5.4% annual and wages fell in June. pic.twitter.com/9eDQrgPkbo

Now how has Mr. Biden in fact done the opposite?????????

Any one with Economic's 101 can tell you that the causes of inflation are......
1. "Massive government spending,"
2. "Significant amounts of money being injected in the economy by the Federal Reserve," and
3. "Uncontrollable government deficits."

NONE of that is cause by Covid! It is blamed on Covid because people tend to believe what sounds good even though it is a lie.

Then consider that Mr. Biden Raised the corporate income tax from 21 to 28 percent will certainly have this effect. Now where did you think that the 7% tax rate would come from??????

According to a 2020 National Bureau of Economic Research paper, the corporate tax rate is borne by consumers through higher prices of goods and services.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Presidents’ actions take (often) years to affect an economy.
Joe Biden’s “economy” didn’t even start until October 1, 2021.

The inflation that we’re seeing now is the fallout from the COVID-crash/rebound and “trade wars are good and easy to win”.

NO it is not.

Inflation is when your money is wortless. You have lots of it but prices are so high you can not afford anything.

That essentially comes from PRINTING money with no standard to support it.

That is exactly what Germany did in WW2! A loaf of bread today was $1.00 and the next day it was $10.00.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
As far as I am concerned, the crime rate is an even bigger issue than inflation, though the polls will show otherwise.

I agree.

The very same liberals who 1 year ago was screaming "Defund the Police" are now yelling to......STOP THE CRIME wave!

What in the world did they think would happen????

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

The president continued:

Mr. Biden asked...........
"Biden: “Can you think of any other president that has done as much in one year?”

Now, that question is best answered by this question posed to Mr. Biden of............
"Mr. Biden, why do you think so many people question your COGNITIVE ABILITY?? To which he said......."I HAVE NO IDEA"!!!!

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
As has memory.

Actually........The Love of money is the root of all evil.

From the epic dumpster fire that was Mr. Bidens press conference we now know
that Russia Invading Ukraine is going to happen and nothing will be done any more that anything was done when they invaded Georgia and the Crimea.

President Vladimir Putin has amassed 100K troops at Ukraine’s border and Biden admitted he could invade at any moment. The truth is that There has been a large-scale cyber attack already.

He also appeared to insinuate that Putin would win, “The cost of going into Ukraine in terms of physical loss of life for the Russians — they’ll be able to prevail over time, but it’s going to be heavy.”

Again.....the truth is that Mr. Biden HAS done more than any other President.
We have the The highest inflation in 40 years,
We have the failure of the supply chain and empty supermarket shelves, We have a failure to handle the pandemic,
We have a botched deadly withdrawal from Afghanistan,
We have an out-of-control spending,
We have a massive influx of illegal immigrants,
We have gone from being an exporting of oil to depending on Russia and OPEC.

Upvote 0