the Great Basin
✟329,209.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In my travels across Europe I don't remember coming across popcorn. I have not spent a whole lot of time in France beyond honoring the men and women buried at Normandy, but I might look into it in July if the EU opens travel.

I'm guessing you weren't looking for popcorn because it is there. It's not as popular as in the US but is typically sold, from what I saw while living in Germany, at most movie theaters; though I will state they tend to eat it with sugar rather than salt.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm guessing you weren't looking for popcorn because it is there. It's not as popular as in the US but is typically sold, from what I saw while living in Germany, at most movie theaters; though I will state they tend to eat it with sugar rather than salt.

I’ve never been to a theater in Europe. Where did you live in Germany? I am scheduled to be in Augsburg in July and Cologne in August.

In past years I’ve been in Munich, Frankfurt, Bonn and Stuttgart. I absolutely love riding the ICE lines. Super comfy.

I’m looking forward to July because I found Business class tickets for the same price as Economy Comfort. Lay flat seats are the absolute best on a nine hour flight.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟554,900.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Biden’s Backing Economic Punishment of Georgia Could Backfire on Democrats | National Review

From April 1, days before MLB moved the game

During a Wednesday night appearance on ESPN, President Joe Biden said that he would “strongly support” Major League Baseball moving the All-Star Game from Atlanta as a protest of Georgia’s new voting law.

“This is Jim Crow on steroids, what they’re doing in Georgia,” Biden said on ESPN.

Several of Biden’s claims about Georgia’s law have been debunked. “Biden falsely claims the new Georgia law ‘ends voting hours early,’ the Washington Post fact-checker reported this week. See also Rich Lowry’s column: “The Voter Suppression Lie.”

Biden’s support for the MLB’s pulling the All-Star Game out of Georgia could backfire badly on him and fellow Democrats.
Biden Backs Moving MLB All-Star Game, Calls Full Capacity at Ballparks a ‘Mistake'

Speaking on the eve of opening day, Biden also said he supports discussions between Major League Baseball and the players' union on moving the All-Star Game from Atlanta over concern about legislation adopted in Georgia restricting voting rights.
Biden backs moving MLB All-Star game out of Georgia over new voting law, which he called 'Jim Crow on steroids'

President Joe Biden on Wednesday said he would "strongly support" moving the MLB All-Star game out of Georgia, citing the state's controversial new voting law that includes a provision banning volunteers from delivering food or drinks to voters in line.

"I think today's professional athletes are acting incredibly responsibly," Biden said to ESPN's Sage Steele during an interview. "I would strongly support them doing that. People look to them. They're leaders."
Former pro baseball player Curt Schilling says Major League Baseball’s decision to pull the All-Star game out of Georgia in protest of the state’s new voter law will backfire and “hit the organization in the pocketbook.”

“That we’re debating and arguing about whether or not you should have a voter ID to vote in our elections is laughable and it’s a conversation we shouldn’t be having,” Schilling, a Hall of Fame pitcher who won four World Series, told Newsmax TV’s “The Count” Saturday.​

“But you’re looking at a multi, multi-billion-dollar industry that is all about kowtowing to the loudest voice, which is Hollywood, which is, you know the media, which is D.C., which is unfortunately not the majority. But I will say this. It’ll hit him in the pocketbook at some point because the fan base in baseball is absolutely a majority conservative. This is what happens when the loudest people get the vote.”

Sounds like the complaints should be lodged against the MLB.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sounds like the complaints should be lodged against the MLB.

I think it is valid to register complaints with both.

People offer complain by not endorsing an organization. Either at the ballot box or front office.

Look at the NFL and NBA. People expressed their complaints to the loss of millions to the organization.

2022 we just might see the complaints at the ballot boxes.

I don’t know, but it is just possible.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟554,900.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I think it is valid to register complaints with both.

People offer complain by not endorsing an organization. Either at the ballot box or front office.

Look at the NFL and NBA. People expressed their complaints to the loss of millions to the organization.

2022 we just might see the complaints at the ballot boxes.

I don’t know, but it is just possible.
Wasn’t it the former guy who expressly told people to boycott the NFL and NBA over their policy towards the anthem? Seems like boycotts and cancel culture are just fine when it’s used against the other side.

Upvote 0

Guinan

Dec 12, 2020
Texas
✟50,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Wasn’t it the former guy who expressly told people to boycott the NFL and NBA over their policy towards the anthem? Seems like boycotts and cancel culture are just fine when it’s used against the other side.

And that's another factor to add to the blatant inconsistency list of their complaints against Biden.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,087,123.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
If you truly believe that Biden has created "chaos" in his first 100 days, then I can only surmise that you would term what happened in the four years previous was "entropy" or "Armageddon" and that what you term "chaos" is therefore a vast, vast improvement.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,659.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Opinion piece:

Biden administration creates chaos at every turn

In the short 11 weeks since President Biden was inaugurated on Jan. 20, we can say he and his administration have at least been consistent. Consistent in creating chaos at every turn and in ripping apart successful efforts and policy and replacing them with disasters.

This is nothing new, but it is impressive how consistent they are and how quickly they jump right back into the pool of believing they can cover up their incompetence and sometimes malevolence by misleading and lying to the American people.

Take the remarkably disastrous Democratic decision to attempt to punish the state of Georgia for an election integrity bill passed in the wake of serious challenges during the 2020 presidential race. Despite having won the state in 2020, and Georgia sending two Democratic senators to Washington, Mr. Biden agreed with the woke extremists in his party and said he would support Major League Baseball punishing Atlanta by pulling the All-Star game from that city. “I think today’s professional athletes are acting incredibly responsibly. I would strongly support them doing that. People look to them. They’re leaders,” he told ESPN.
Thoughts?

****Please note: Let's do our best to speak about this current administration****
Sounds like the writer is very annoyed. And who can blame him/her? Conservatives will only have the relevance gifted to them by Mr Biden for at least the next two years.

Conservatives really should be nicer to him if they want to mean anything anymore.

Upvote 0

Guinan

Dec 12, 2020
Texas
✟50,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
{snip}Conservatives really should be nicer to him if they want to mean anything anymore.

I'd like to be more specific here and say the conservatives who do not support Trump. On the other hand, I'd like to see the Republican politicians who do support Trump eventually fade into oblivion.

Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,659.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I'd like to be more specific here and say the conservatives who do not support Trump. On the other hand, I'd like to see the Republican politicians who do support Trump eventually fade into oblivion.
Yeah, I totally get that. I’m familiar with your posts and really should have said ‘Trump enthusiasts’.

Reactions: Guinan
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟554,900.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
And that's another factor to add to the blatant inconsistency list of their complaints against Biden.
Yeah it gets kinda tiresome seeing this same pattern play out over and over again.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

pot meet kettled

Conservatives really should be nicer to him if they want to mean anything anymore.

That actually made me laugh. It resembles a form of elitist methodology. People actually believe others derive their meaning in life based on whether they are accepted. In other words, the only way for one group “to have meaning” is to fall in lock step with the cool kids.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,659.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
That actually made me laugh. It resembles a form of elitist methodology. People actually believe others derive their meaning in life based on whether they are accepted. In other words, the only way for one group “to have meaning” is to fall in lock step with the cool kids.
Yup, it's Trump enthusiasts and MLK against the evil libs.

Upvote 0

Guinan

Dec 12, 2020
Texas
✟50,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Did it bother you at all when Trump did it?

The popular excuse "I voted for a President, not a pastor!" has mysteriously disappeared since Biden was elected. It's no longer relevant among the majority of conservatives who utilized this excuse since Trump's first presidential campaign five years ago. Ironically, ethics and the personal character of the President are important moral issues again for these conservatives. It's too bad they've lost the moral ground to criticize Biden and no one is taking their indignation and complaints against him seriously.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

They sold that to the last guy for a check for thirty pieces... which bounced.

Upvote 0