loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Biden’s Initial Approval Rating Is Higher Than Trump’s Ever Was
Morning Consult Political Intelligence tracking conducted during the 46th president’s first few days in office shows 56 percent of voters approve of his job performance, while 34 percent disapprove. Biden’s approval rating is 4 percentage points higher than the 52 percent who approved of former President Donald Trump in an early March 2017 poll from Morning Consult and Politico — his best-ever showing during his presidency — and it looks even stronger compared to polling conducted at a similar point four years ago, when 46 percent approved of Trump’s initial work.
tulc(thought this was interesting)

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,640.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

Guinan

Dec 12, 2020
Texas
✟50,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I, for one, am glad President Biden was elected and Trump was shown the door at the White House. I can't express how relieved I am. I've compared his victory to breathing in fresh air after breathing in nothing but toxic fumes for the last five years. I would have planned to attend his Inauguration if the circumstances of life were different (the COVID pandemic and far-right Trump loyalist threats). I have experienced some backlash for voting for him because I'm a lifelong Republican, but I don't care.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,640.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I, for one, am glad President Biden was elected and Trump was shown the door at the White House. I can't express how relieved I am. I've compared his victory to breathing in fresh air after breathing in nothing but toxic fumes for the last five years. I would have planned to attend his Inauguration if the circumstances of life were different (the COVID pandemic and far-right Trump loyalist threats). I have experienced some backlash for voting for him because I'm a lifelong Republican, but I don't care.

Just an observation here. You seem to put the line “I am a lifelong Republican” in every one of your posts. Is there a significance to it?

Romney is a life long Republican who is more to the left than the right. In fact he has a huge approval rating from the left. So I am not sure why this is an important thing for so many of your posts.

no offense, just strikes me as a curious thing.

• Useful
Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian

That's not particularly surprising since Biden didn't get himself elected by deamonizing the right, and he's more interested in unity than division. Trump was ultimately his own worst enemy. His "divide and conquer" strategy worked well enough to get him elected, but it was a poor long term strategy for governing. It ended up alienating more than half of the US population who eventually became sick and tired of those types of methodologies and they came out in droves to get rid of him. Goodbye and good riddance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
Just an observation here. You seem to put the line “I am a lifelong Republican” in every one of your posts. Is there a significance to it?

Romney is a life long Republican who is more to the left than the right. In fact he has a huge approval rating from the left. So I am not sure why this is an important thing for so many of your posts.

no offense, just strikes me as a curious thing.

I disagree about your assertion that Romney is more left than right. In terms of abortion issues, tax issues, etc, he's definitely way to the right, and he's a "moderate" Republican IMO. The reason his approval rating is high, particularly among left centered individuals is because he courageously voted his *conscience* in the first impeachment trail rather than vote based on fear and party politics. I do respect him for that, but I still wouldn't vote for him as President because of his *policies*, which are pretty far to the right IMO. Had other Republican voted their conscience, they could have saved our nation from the tragedy of 01/06/21, and saved American lives as well.

The GOP is at a crossroads IMO. Either they wake up and acknowledge the damage that Trump did to their party and start voting their conscience, or they are doomed to repeat the mistakes of the past and ensure democratic victories for the foreseeable future. It's their call and their choice to make. I frankly wouldn't be surprised to see Trump start up his own 'Patriot Party" just to spite the moderate Republicans in the next election and damage the GOP intentionally. He's a vindictive person.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Tell me if you feel that way in two years.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You might want to recheck Trumps approval ratings
...he left office at an over all approval rating of 38% (and a 58% disapproval). Only President Carter was lower, with 33%. His highest rating was his 5th day in office and that was a 47%. He never got higher than that in the rest of his entire 4 years in office.
found here:
How Popular Is Donald Trump?
whereas President Biden's numbers are here:
How Popular Is Joe Biden?
tulc(in case people would like to see)

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have. The highest was 49%. His last was 34%.
How bad is that considering apx 50 of the people are not Trump supporters? If he is at 49% he has apx 100% approval of the people who would likely ever vote for him.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,448.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
How bad is that considering apx 50 of the people are not Trump supporters? If he is at 49% he has apx 100% approval of the people who would likely ever vote for him.
That reflects this past election cycle. Trump's base remained solid throughout his term, with about 42%, of Americans. Interestingly, though, that support fell after the Capitol Building riots.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
...and that was day 5 into his administration. He never had that high of a rating again for the other 1,456 days of his administration.
tulc(just a thought)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That reflects this past election cycle. Trump's base remained solid throughout his term, with about 42%, of Americans. Interestingly, though, that support fell after the Capitol Building riots.
It will no doubt go up and down but he will maintain his control of the party.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
...and that was day 5 into his administration. He never had that high of a rating again for the other 1,456 days of his administration.
tulc(just a thought)
He has control of his party and that is all that matters at this point.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He has control of his party and that is all that matters at this point.
And that's the thing.

"Control" ... isn't what will ultimately win in a democratic America.

Donald Trump is the epitome of "my house ... my rules" type of kid you knew as a child. Yes, ... he has control of his house, ... but, eventually, ... everybody leaves to find a fairer place to play.

As long as America remains reasonably democratic, ... we must ensure that "control" remains a failed strategy ...

Upvote 0