✟11,878.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Folks! :wave:

Greetings from a nextdoor neighbor in the Presbyterian forum. I was just curious what the feeling was among UCC folks about Biblical Witness Fellowship. Is this group considered to be controversial within the UCC? Do you guys generally support the group, or do you think that they're basically out to lunch?

This is just an honest question, hope it's not a grenade! BTW, hope that ya'll don't mind me peeking through your doorway!

Ken

camethodactor

Sep 21, 2007
Claremont, CA
✟15,629.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Green
As one of the Christian Universalist voices in the UCC, The Biblical Witness Fellowship (BWF) may seem on the surface to be a movement of conservative evangelical conviction within the larger denomination but it seems to me they are a front for the Institute of Religion and Democracy (IRD). They also seem to be making outrageous claims of many of our UCC leaders without any evidence including our past UCC President and General Minister, John Thomas. Although I don't agree with their theology or their politics, I respect their God given right to hold those convictions.

Upvote 0

Supernaut

What did they aim for when they missed your heart?
Jun 12, 2009
Sacramento, CA
✟12,439.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Their main page sounds more like a CA political attack add. They have every right to feel the way they feel. I do not support their movement whatsoever. As another Christian Universalist, I feel that they are too regressive and represent, unfortunately, the typical divisive theology that plagues a majority of mainstrean Christianity.

Upvote 0

Evenstar253

somewhere else
Feb 3, 2009
PA
✟16,728.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I read their reasoning for remaining in the UCC, but I still find it surprising that they've stayed. If I agreed with their views, the UCC certainly wouldn't be on my list of preferred churches. They have a right to their opinions, but if they haven't changed the direction of the UCC since 1978, I don't foresee them starting to now!

Upvote 0

Supernaut

What did they aim for when they missed your heart?
Jun 12, 2009
Sacramento, CA
✟12,439.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I read their reasoning for remaining in the UCC, but I still find it surprising that they've stayed. If I agreed with their views, the UCC certainly wouldn't be on my list of preferred churches. They have a right to their opinions, but if they haven't changed the direction of the UCC since 1978, I don't foresee them starting to now!

I am sure they reassure one another by saying "keep fighting the good fight!" May be a harsh thing to say......but that's jsut me building peoples character by bullying them around. ;)

Upvote 0

Evenstar253

somewhere else
Feb 3, 2009
PA
✟16,728.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I am sure they reassure one another by saying "keep fighting the good fight!" May be a harsh thing to say......but that's jsut me building peoples character by bullying them around. ;)

ROFL

Upvote 0