Julie

ONLY JESUS CHRIST SAVES
Apr 22, 2002
Visit site
✟9,327.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by ljmandtina
When Paul wrote that Hymenaeus and Alexander were turned over to the devil to be taught not to blaspheme, he wasn't talking about a loss of salvation, but a loss of fellowship. As far as Judas, he was never saved anyway (unless he repented before he hung himself). Saul had the power of the Holy Spirit upon him, not within him; when he saw that God favored David his heart was hardened towards God and the Spirit left. God does not force Himself upon anyone. If you don't want Him, He will reluctantly let you go. The question is, "Were any of these people saved to start with?"

Amen!

Upvote 0

VOW

Feb 7, 2002
*displaced* CA, soon to be AZ!
Visit site
✟28,000.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Nobody has even TOUCHED the quote from Galatians I gave, where Paul listed all the no-no's that will cost you the Kingdom of Heaven.

That list can only apply to those SAVED. If they are unsaved, they have no Heaven to lose.

Hmmm.

Peace be with you,
~VOW

Upvote 0

Julie

ONLY JESUS CHRIST SAVES
Apr 22, 2002
Visit site
✟9,327.00
Faith
Christian
We have been set free from the law by the salvation we have received in Jesus Christ. We have liberty, not that we have the right to do anything we want but that we have the right to do right. Our service and daily walk is motivated by love rather than fear of impending judgment. Gal. 5:thirteen tells us that in being called to liberty that we have not received a license to sin but that we are to use this liberty for spiritual things, serving each other motivated out of love.

"...they that do such things shall not inherit the Kingdom of God." (See Col. 3:24; Eph. 5:4; 1 Cor. 6:9) The context of these verses is the loss of rewards or inheritances for Christians at the Judgment Seat of Christ. I Cor. 3:13-16 "shall suffer loss."
Julie :pink:

Upvote 0

VOW

Feb 7, 2002
Visit site
✟28,000.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
To All:

Again, this is what St Paul told the Church in Galatians, chapter five:

19 Now the works of the flesh are obvious: immorality, impurity, licentiousness, 20 idolatry, socery, hatreds, rivalry, jealousy, outbursts of fury, acts of selfishness, dissensions, factions, 21 occasions of envy, drinking bouts, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Paul seems VERY clear on this: if you do these things, you will LOSE your salvation!

Peace be with you,
~VOW

Upvote 0

VOW

Feb 7, 2002
Visit site
✟28,000.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
To Greenie:

Ever hear of the term "murderous rage"? That's a HUGE "outburst of fury." I've seen temper tantrums from adults where stuff is DESTROYED. Stuff that is difficult or expensive to repair or replace, too, but in that rage, reason goes out the window.

Peace be with you,
~VOW

Upvote 0

supermagdalena

The Shrubs and the Flan.
Jan 27, 2002
Suburbia, USA
Visit site
✟2,068.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Not sinless, sin less. No one is perfect. If you can lose your salvation by sin, then no one is saved. No one on here can honestly say that they don't sin. Most can't honestly say they haven't sinned today even. I just had a outburst at my mom. On mother's day. I'm off to make it up, but does this mean that right now my salvation is in jeopardy? If I died right now, you're telling me I'm going to Hell? Or no? I mean, I could be misinterpreting some people here. Much apologies if I am.

Upvote 0

Julie

ONLY JESUS CHRIST SAVES
Apr 22, 2002
Visit site
✟9,327.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by VOW
To All:

19 Now the works of the flesh are obvious: immorality, impurity, licentiousness, 20 idolatry, socery, hatreds, rivalry, jealousy, outbursts of fury, acts of selfishness, dissensions, factions, 21 occasions of envy, drinking bouts, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Paul seems VERY clear on this: if you do these things, you will LOSE your salvation!

Peace be with you,
~VOW

The context of these verses is the loss of rewards or inheritances for Christians at the Judgment Seat of Christ. I Cor. 3:13-16 "shall suffer loss."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Dear VOW,

you said,

My reply,
Is Paul talking about a single incident here or there, or about those whose lifestyles are represented here? Any sin is an impurity. Have you sinned since you got saved? I guess if Paul is talking about incidents [as opposed to lifestyles] you are lost.

Legalism or grace, how will you choose?

mike

Upvote 0

Andrew

Feb 25, 2002
✟13,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Why hunt and search for examples in the Bible that 'proves' to your fellow Christians that children of God can become unborn and end up in hell if they didnt watch it?

That to me is already starting off on the wrong foot. The Holy Spirit will never lead one in that direction. And when you start off on the wrong foot, not motivated by the ?HS, of cse you'd find verses to 'support' whatever you want to support. --over worded under Spirited.

Upvote 0

Julie

ONLY JESUS CHRIST SAVES
Apr 22, 2002
Visit site
✟9,327.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by VOW
To Julie:

"The context"? Paul stated, YOU WILL NOT INHERIT the Kingdom of God. Nothing about the loss of rewards! And the only inheritance in jeopardy is the Kingdom of God!

Peace be with you,
~VOW

We have an inheritance. 1 Peter 1:3-4 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you, Colossians 3:24 Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.

Upvote 0

WayneH

Washed in His Blood
Jan 3, 2002
Maryland
Visit site
✟15,973.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Originally posted by mjwhite
Dear VOW,

you said,

My reply,
Is Paul talking about a single incident here or there, or about those whose lifestyles are represented here? Any sin is an impurity. Have you sinned since you got saved? I guess if Paul is talking about incidents [as opposed to lifestyles] you are lost.

Legalism or grace, how will you choose?

mike

Paul is talking about people who CONTINOUOUSLY DO These things - not someone who has done something wrong... Christ DIES ONCE for OUr Sins - We Receive CHRIST ONCE for Forgiveness and to wash away our sins.. they are behind us NEVER to be brought up again.. Afterwards We are not seeking forgiveness of our sins - but asking for REPENTANCE of our sins... He dies Once - We accept ONCE.. and Christ will not lose what he is given..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

kern

Miserere Nobis
Apr 14, 2002
Florida, USA
Visit site
✟3,249.00
Faith
Catholic
Originally posted by Andrew
Why hunt and search for examples in the Bible that 'proves' to your fellow Christians that children of God can become unborn and end up in hell if they didnt watch it?

That to me is already starting off on the wrong foot. The Holy Spirit will never lead one in that direction. And when you start off on the wrong foot, not motivated by the ?HS, of cse you'd find verses to 'support' whatever you want to support. --over worded under Spirited.

The Holy Spirit will never lead against your personal interpretations of scripture? That's nice to know -- why don't you write the "Andrew's Infallible Guide to Scripture" so that the rest of us can stop "hunting" for passages and trying to get at the truth ourselves.

If you're *not* willing to write a book like that, then it's probably best to stop assuming that your own viewpoints are "holy spirit led" and that nobody else's are -- that's a rather insulting and arrogant viewpoint to take.

-Chris

Upvote 0

GreenEyedLady

My little Dinky Doo
Jan 15, 2002
Missouri
Visit site
✟4,791.00
Faith
Baptist
Chris-
I don't think that andrew is saying that he knows all.
He is just pointing out the you need the HS to help you understand scriptures. You cannot do it alone...You MUST have the HS with you otherwise you WILL run into verses that might question your beliefs and NOT understand why.
GEL

Upvote 0

Droobie

Rebmem Raluger
Nov 22, 2001
Melbourne, Australia
Visit site
✟20,072.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Liberals
Hmmm... perhaps if I could add my view on this:

When you accept Jesus as your saviour, you become a new creation, and a son or daughter of God. A legalised adoped child of God. You are now in a bigger spiritual family. When you sin, however, this breaks your fellowship or communication with God, not your relation.

I could tomorrow leave home and join a circus, breaking my communications with my mother and father, but I will still be related to them. Just not in communion with them. So I see the same with our relationship with God. When we are walking with Him, He is our Father, and we his children. However, when we sin, we no longer walk with him, can hear him, but we are still related.

Upvote 0

VOW

Feb 7, 2002
Visit site
✟28,000.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
To Droobie:

Yes, when we sin (or run away to join the Circus) we are still members of the family of God. We no longer live in His house, though, but in the circus tent. And God will send us postcards, letters, emails, visits from friends, ANYTHING He can to encourage us to come home again.......but He will never drive a big truck to the circus, hogtie us hand and foot, and throw us in the truck and DRAG us back to His house. IF we return, the door is always open, the light is on, and He's waiting up for us. And He's so glad to see us come Home.

To Wayne:

Paul didn't put any conditions on that list of sins. He said, "IF you do these things" you lose the kingdom of God. He didn't say, "If you continue to do these things," nor did he say, "If you do these more than once," but "IF you do these things."

God doesn't erase your free will when you accept His offer of salvation. It's still there, and ohboy, does Satan want to get his hands on it!

Peace be with you,
~VOW

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.