Biblical, Enclosed Flat Earth and Firmament

Do you think enclosed flat earth is possible from scripture, or think it's IMPOSSIBLE?

• Possible

• IMPOSSIBLE

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick jane

MAD Bible Believer
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2015
St. Louis - Ephesians 2:6-8
Visit site
✟132,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It's simple astronomy that destroys the flat earth model once and for all.

A flat earth cannot explain why the northern hemi*sphere* has a completely different set of circumpolar constellations from the southern hemi*sphere*. You can't see the southern cross (depicted on the flags of Australia and New Zealand) from Anchorage, Alaska, nor can you see Polaris (the current pole star) from Melbourne, Australia.

There is no conspiracy, and there is no ice wall. There is no firmament either.
Thanks for weighing in, you should go out on the circuit and teach that. Your assertions can be easily explained and debunked by searching exactly what you just typed with "flat earth youtube" after the question. Have fun !!! :wave:

Upvote 0

Jadis40

Sep 19, 2004
Indiana, USA
✟47,145.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Thanks for weighing in, you should go out on the circuit and teach that. Your assertions can be easily explained by searching exactly what you just typed with "flat earth youtube" after the question. Have fun !!! :wave:

Oh, I will have fun, given that flat earth is complete and utter nonsense, as is a stationary earth with the sun revolving around it. It's backwards to reality: the earth revolves around the sun.

Upvote 0

patrick jane

MAD Bible Believer
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
✟132,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Oh, I will have fun, given that flat earth is complete and utter nonsense.
We know that God created two great lights on the fourth day, the sun and moon and the stars. Where was the sun on days 1,2 and 3? This proves evolution and the "beg" bang wrong, IMO. This also means the moon gives off it's own light as the sun does. It's not all from a reflection of the other great light. I believe firmly that moon landings were a Hoax. If they lie about that then everything is up for grabs. Do you trust the word of God or the science?

What might explain your disgust with this topic is possibly being wrong about everything you hold dear. The spinning ball flying, zooming millions of mph through endless space, you are forced into trying to reconcile the big bang and evolution is possible and still done by God, (which means God waited on day one for about 10 billion years and only created the heaven first, plus the sun and moon were created on DAY FOUR, so what was the earth fling around for 3 days?), You have
a dozen or so "THEORIES", including but not limited to : fake magical gravity, several other "forces" that can't be explained, dark energy, dark matter, evolution, big bang, chaos theory, (but we never run into anything because God ensured the correct tilt, orbit and path and that space would be clear for our "solar system" for BILLIONS of years.) Oh, I can't forget the theory of EVERYTHING, that's genius.

We also have the strong delusion in the world that started 70 years ago with space and alien movies and propaganda, whereby the majority of people fantasize about traveling "deep space", travelling the stars. seeding other planets, intelligent life everywhere out there, and becoming one with the living universe. That's what our children's children's children's children will be focused on. With A. I. everything will be perfect, simply say "OK Google" and the prepared correct thinking will be ingrained in your heads. That's your model of God's creation and you're stickin' to it. I get it.

Genesis 1:1-19 KJV -
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

9 And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.

10 And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.

11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.

12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

13 And the evening and the morning were the third day.

14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.

16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,

18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light and the darkness: and God saw that it was good.

19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

• Winner
Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

patrick jane

MAD Bible Believer
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
✟132,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Elon Musk & the "Unseen Zones" [Flat Earth]
From Video Description : So, couple of days ago someone sends me the link to Elon Musk's Twitter, where he said: "Just kept working on my crown chakra, and boom! Don't let anyone tell you that magic isn't real..." (!?!?)
WARNING : This youtube channel
EXPOSES EVIL AND THINGS THAT SOME OF OUR CHILDREN AND GRANDCHILDREN ARE DOING NOW.

I HAVE ANOTHER VIDEO THAT EVERY PARENT AND GRANDPARENT SHOULD WATCH SO THEY KNOW WHAT'S OUT THERE RIGHT NOW -

23 minutes - Better than a movie and a music video combined

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jadis40

Sep 19, 2004
Indiana, USA
✟47,145.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Nah. I'm not disgusted, because I know that flat earth is just some fringe hyperliteral interpretation of scripture, looking for conspiracy under every rock, when it's not there. I just think it's quite sad really that there are those people who actually believe that the earth is flat, when it's clearly not, with some solid dome in which are fixed the sun, moon, and stars.

Scientific study, starting back in the 16th century, has shown that the Hebrew cosmology and by extension Ancient Near Eastern cosmology, is incorrect. The solar system and universe as a whole is a lot grander and larger than the ancients could have even imagined, and I don't think they could have fathomed or understood that there are other galaxies out there beyond the atmosphere of earth. The Greeks were on to something when they came up with the heliocentric model of the solar system. Aristarchus of Samos got it right, as did Copernicus. It takes a lot to go up against what the Church had been teaching for centuries, when again, it doesn't line up with real observation and study of the natural world around us. I can't help it if there are those out there who don't like the answers because it shatters the model created in their own mind. That should be a huge red flag that maybe, just maybe, a hyperliteral interpretation of scripture is wrong, and therefore flat earth is nonsense as well.

I don't read Genesis 1 literally. The Big Bang makes a lot of sense, and the sun, given it's much more massive than the earth, is the center of gravity which holds the solar system together. The sun was here before the earth was, and holds all the other plants in orbit around it, and the moon reflects the light of the sun. It does not and never has produced its own light.

Upvote 0

patrick jane

MAD Bible Believer
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
✟132,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Nah. I'm not disgusted, because I know that flat earth is just some fringe hyperliteral interpretation of scripture, looking for conspiracy under every rock, when it's not there. I just think it's quite sad really that there are those people who actually believe that the earth is flat, when it's clearly not, with some solid dome in which are fixed the sun, moon, and stars.

Scientific study, starting back in the 16th century, has shown that the Hebrew cosmology and by extension Ancient Near Eastern cosmology, is incorrect. The solar system and universe as a whole is a lot grander and larger than the ancients could have even imagined, and I don't think they could have fathomed or understood that there are other galaxies out there beyond the atmosphere of earth. The Greeks were on to something when they came up with the heliocentric model of the solar system. Aristarchus of Samos got it right, as did Copernicus. It takes a lot to go up against what the Church had been teaching for centuries, when again, it doesn't line up with real observation and study of the natural world around us. I can't help it if there are those out there who don't like the answers because it shatters the model created in their own mind. That should be a huge red flag that maybe, just maybe, a hyperliteral interpretation of scripture is wrong, and therefore flat earth is nonsense as well.

I don't read Genesis 1 literally. The Big Bang makes a lot of sense, and the sun, given it's much more massive than the earth, is the center of gravity which holds the solar system together. The sun was here before the earth was, and holds all the other plants in orbit around it, and the moon reflects the light of the sun. It does not and never has produced its own light.
Noop. The vatican controls the cosmology and have for over a thousand years maybe 2000. They "helped" Copernicus and THEY created the "Beg" Bang, which cleared the way for evolution and all the other fictional "proof" of a flying spinning ball. You've already decided and you already know everything on the subject, so you're only trolling this thread without reading the first post or any subsequent posts. Making uninformed assertions.Thanks for stopping by.

198c7b336085f9aa611002d881ad52c8.jpg

568000bf593d405c3b67038cf88921f0.jpg

342a9847ef3df1493bbd90c987347fb5.jpg
+
7c4aad547fc45061bf104d28c0cc9b24.jpg

• Agree
Upvote 0

patrick jane

MAD Bible Believer
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
✟132,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
We know that God created two great lights on the fourth day, the sun and moon and the stars. Where was the sun on days 1,2 and 3? This proves evolution and the "beg" bang wrong, IMO. This also means the moon gives off it's own light as the sun does. It's not all from a reflection of the other great light. I believe firmly that moon landings were a Hoax. If they lie about that then everything is up for grabs. Do you trust the word of God or the science?

What might explain your disgust with this topic is possibly being wrong about everything you hold dear. The spinning ball flying, zooming millions of mph through endless space, you are forced into trying to reconcile the big bang and evolution is possible and still done by God, (which means God waited on day one for about 10 billion years and only created the heaven first, plus the sun and moon were created on DAY FOUR, so what was the earth fling around for 3 days?), You have
a dozen or so "THEORIES", including but not limited to : fake magical gravity, several other "forces" that can't be explained, dark energy, dark matter, evolution, big bang, chaos theory, (but we never run into anything because God ensured the correct tilt, orbit and path and that space would be clear for our "solar system" for BILLIONS of years.) Oh, I can't forget the theory of EVERYTHING, that's genius.

We also have the strong delusion in the world that started 70 years ago with space and alien movies and propaganda, whereby the majority of people fantasize about traveling "deep space", travelling the stars. seeding other planets, intelligent life everywhere out there, and becoming one with the living universe. That's what our children's children's children's children will be focused on. With A. I. everything will be perfect, simply say "OK Google" and the prepared correct thinking will be ingrained in your heads. That's your model of God's creation and you're stickin' to it. I get it.

Genesis 1:1-19 KJV -
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

9 And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.

10 And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.

11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.

12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

13 And the evening and the morning were the third day.

14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.

16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,
18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light and the darkness: and God saw that it was good.

19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.
4372447e74ea1a5e695ff0e4a42ac8a8.jpg

Upvote 0

patrick jane

MAD Bible Believer
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
✟132,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
If a Flat Earth Tree bears ODD fruit...
This is a warning to all parents and grandparent, teachers and guardians. There is a psychedelic drug going around with mostly younger people called DMT. People claim to go to different dimensions and contact spirits and "entities" - Will, who runs this Youtube channel EXPOSES these dangers and all things occult and new age. Be aware of what the kids are doing today. It is smoked to use it.

37 minutes

Upvote 0

Jadis40

Sep 19, 2004
Indiana, USA
✟47,145.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
In my mind, when even creation.com and answers in genesis dismiss flat earth as being nonsense, that should serve as a big hint that you're on the wrong side of the argument. I definitely disagree with them on practically everything else when it comes to science and interpretation of scripture, but on this one, we're actually on the same side.

Posting the same videos, memes, and scripture using different colored text and different sized fonts isn't going to convince anyone that your position is the correct one.

Refuting flat earth - creation.com

Is the Earth Flat?

They Think the Earth is Flat?

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for weighing in, you should go out on the circuit and teach that. Your assertions can be easily explained and debunked by searching exactly what you just typed with "flat earth youtube" after the question. Have fun !!! :wave:
If the earth is flat then what is on the other side?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

patrick jane

MAD Bible Believer
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
✟132,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Scientism's hyperdimensional teenage alien "God" [Flat Earth]

From Video Description : People laugh and roll their eyes when they hear the words "flat earth". "That's the stupidest thing I ever heard!", they often say. Then they smile while their heroes of academia stand up and explain why we know the Earth isn't flat, because of "gravity", as they drop the microphone! Ha! Science..... Well, do you know else what these "Scientists" are trying to say is legitimate possibility these days...? I don't think most people really do... Are We Living in an Ancestor Simulation? ft. Neil deGrasse Tyson | Space Time

15 minutes

Upvote 0

patrick jane

MAD Bible Believer
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
✟132,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Reality (Granted, the shape of the orbits is a little off, but the idea is generally correct, with the sun being in the right place.)
The helical model - our solar system is a vortex

If you believe this is happening now and has been for 4.5 billion years, that's sad.

3 minutes -

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

patrick jane

MAD Bible Believer
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
✟132,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Here we see clearly that the sun moves above the earth and the moon does also. The stars and everything in the heaven above moves, even the north star, Polaris moves a little. The are DOZENS of scriptures where God clearly says the earth is fixed, set, stationary, immovable, the earth is never to be moved, established, fastened, on foundations and pillars and God built the earth and sets the CORNERSTONE.

The sun has a circuit and a race to run. The earth does not. The earth is set by God as a tabernacle FOR the sun. A bridegroom no less.

Psalm 19 KJV - :
The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.

2 Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.

3 There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.

4 Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun,

5 Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoiceth as a strong man to run a race.

6 His going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit unto the ends of it: and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof.

7 The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.

8 The statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes.

9 The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.

10 More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.

11 Moreover by them is thy servant warned: and in keeping of them there is great reward.

12 Who can understand his errors? cleanse thou me from secret faults.

13 Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression.

14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.

• Agree
Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Here we see clearly that the sun moves above the earth and the moon does also. The stars and everything in the heaven above moves, even the north star, Polaris moves a little. The are DOZENS of scriptures where God clearly says the earth is fixed, set, stationary, immovable, the earth is never to be moved, established, fastened, on foundations and pillars and God built the earth and sets the CORNERSTONE.

The sun has a circuit and a race to run. The earth does not. The earth is set by God as a tabernacle FOR the sun. A bridegroom no less.

Psalm 19 KJV - :
The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.

2 Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.

3 There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.

4 Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun,

5 Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoiceth as a strong man to run a race.

6 His going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit unto the ends of it: and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof.

7 The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.

8 The statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes.

9 The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.

10 More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.

11 Moreover by them is thy servant warned: and in keeping of them there is great reward.

12 Who can understand his errors? cleanse thou me from secret faults.

13 Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression.

14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.
The shape of the earth ultimately, has nothing to do with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Your salvation is not based on whether this planet has a curve or not.

Understanding the universe is a distraction, a trivial pursuit.

Upvote 0

patrick jane

MAD Bible Believer
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
✟132,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The shape of the earth ultimately, has nothing to do with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Your salvation is not based on whether this planet has a curve or not.

Understanding the universe is a distraction, a trivial pursuit.
If you had read the first post in this thread you would that's what I say. Many other posts of mine tell a complete story. I have to tell every new globe expert the same things. Read some posts instead of replying to the brand new posts you see.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.