Mar 5, 2003
Currently living in Bakersfield; ready to go where
Visit site
✟8,064.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This bible looks to be pretty cool! I was just at Berean Christian bookstore and read through their sampler. It's supposed to come out in March, and it's in NIV. There's all sorts of information on the cities and customs of the time, as well as how the information in the Bible parallels to other religions of the time. It shows how truly extraordinary Christianity was at the time. Really cool :) Only thing I don't know is ... how much it costs.

AngylBelle

#1 Cheesehead!!!
Jan 23, 2004
FL
✟14,088.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is this what you are referencing?

92605x_1_ftc_dp.jpg

I just purchased this one online a few weeks ago from www.christianbook.com. It ranges in price from $37.99 to $74.99 depending on cover style and index inclusion.

It looks very good and I hope I am pleased with it.

Upvote 0

tagengsup

Mar 2, 2006
✟113.00
Faith
Christian
Was going to purchase this bible because I like reading about archeology as it pertains to the scripture, but when I saw the bible I was struck by how big a book it was I decided therefore against purchasing it cause I don't want to have to do weight training just to carry my bible with me, I instead got a Thomson Chain, the Archeology Study bible might be a good purchase for someone who wants a good bible to set up in the living room for the coffee table, but it is just too big to use as a go to church type bible.

:) :wave:

Upvote 0

tagengsup

Mar 2, 2006
✟113.00
Faith
Christian
I would like to get feed on Gifts of the Holy Spirit, for purpose of discussion and sharing views, I come from a predominantly Baptist Fundamentalist background and am presently attending a Full Gospel Church, primarily started attending this church because of its focus on presenting the gospel to the lost, as time has progressed the teaching has concentrated on HS gifts and I would like to have some open minded discussions on this topic.

Thank You, for your time :cool: :D

Howard McTaggart

Upvote 0

smile

Change? Good. This? Bad.
Jul 11, 2003
See that box on the curb? Not too shabby, eh?
✟5,666.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I got mine a week ago, I haven't taken the time to look much into it, but what I've seen/read, I'm very impressed.
I got mine for $45 (The Scarlet one) when it was on sale, and if you get it, make sure you grap one of those little books that tells about it because they have a $10 rebate in the back for it.

Upvote 0

SpitfireOverThames

Apr 29, 2006
London
✟799.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Conservative
tagengsup said:
I would like to get feed on Gifts of the Holy Spirit, for purpose of discussion and sharing views, I come from a predominantly Baptist Fundamentalist background and am presently attending a Full Gospel Church, primarily started attending this church because of its focus on presenting the gospel to the lost, as time has progressed the teaching has concentrated on HS gifts and I would like to have some open minded discussions on this topic.

Thank You, for your time :cool: :D

Howard McTaggart
If you want any help, please post your thoughts or questions and I will reply as I receive. I'd be glad to help you out. Feel free to message me directly or email me: sean_russell_2000@yahoo.com.

Okay?

Thanks.
Sean

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Adventist Heretic

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2006
Parts Unknown
✟369,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I find that the Arch bible is a very good base for doing research. It gives a solid foundation for understanding the evidence and the issues. Since this is for the Layman or the beginner it hits its intended target audience right on. It's a bullseye.

Maybe they will but one out with that has a Scientific Aspect to it.

Upvote 0