Biblical Anthropology - Doctrine of Man

Dusty Dahlin

Let us live up to what we have already obtained.
Jan 20, 2018
Sacramento
✟5,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well... I guess I am also curious about how mankind reflects the image of God. Does an individual man or and individual woman reflect the image and likeness of God perfectly; or do man and woman (together) reflect the image and likeness of God?

Beside that, I was curious if you thought this was solid overview?

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟899,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Well... I guess I am also curious about how mankind reflects the image of God. Does an individual man or and individual woman reflect the image and likeness of God perfectly; or do man and woman (together) reflect the image and likeness of God?

Beside that, I was curious if you thought this was solid overview?

Psalms says man is created a little lower than angels.
God created man "in his own image" which means we appear in his form in some way that others do not.
God is mentioned in plural form (Trinity) that is true as well.
But God also shares love joy peace ... with the Angels and all created persons - not just man.
God did create man on day 6 of creation week - literally
But creation week only covers the creation of Earth, Sun and moon - two lights created on day 4... not a zillion and two.
Man has a special relationship with God for two reasons
1. Created in God's image
2. Incarnate Christ "God with us" still has the scars in his hands - still like us in some very significant way.

Reactions: Dusty Dahlin
Upvote 0

tdidymas

Aug 28, 2014
Houston, TX
✟153,927.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hey saints,
Anthropology is a very big topic, and I was wondering what you thought about this general overview on the subject. I would love to hear your insights.

Ways that we are like God: knowledge (much more and immensely greater than any of the animals), intelligence, ordered, just, and any other God-like virtue you can think of; in these we show the image of God, as James 3:9 puts it. We also reflect God in splendor to some extent, and even some of the incommunicable attributes are slightly reflected except omnipresence. We also recognize authority and structures of authority as part of our inclination to order and justice, which is part of the splendor. Finally, God is a covenant God which is reflected in relationships. Promises and vows are to be kept, as it is God's nature to keep His covenant promises. If any of these virtues and structures are diminished, then we fall short of His glory.
TD:)

Reactions: Dusty Dahlin
Upvote 0