Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm not a Socinian. Socinianism is the teaching that Jesus did not pre-exist His conception and birth. Last I checked that's what you've claimed to believe.

-CryptoLutheran
I know you are not a Socinian. Neither am I. Yet, you label me as such because I reject the literal preexistence of the Son (one doctrine of Socinians). That is like me labeling you a Mormon because you both call the Son "Jesus" or a Socinian because you both believe the Son resurrected from the dead. There are Socinian doctrines I reject just as there are Christian doctrines I reject. Does my rejection of certain Socinian doctrines make me a non-Socinian? Your labeling of people is detrimental as it falsely sways people to see them as you do in the little box you created for them rather than to see them as the Father sees them (a blood washed child of YHWH and servant of the Master Yeshua).

Upvote 0

Jane_the_Bane

Gaia's godchild
Feb 11, 2004
✟168,333.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
UK-Greens
If I decide to snip off Birdman's wings to make the game more interesting, then that is Truth.
No.
We can do that kind of thing with computer games because the "victims" are not sentient or sapient.
They do not feel pain, they are not self-aware, they are not alive in any sense of the word.
If we were to do such a thing to beings like us, we'd commit a horrible atrocity, whether we were their creators or not.
There is a reason why dog fights and similar displays of cruelty (let alone gladiatorial fights where fighters get mutilated to "make the spectacle more interesting") are prohibited, and it's got NOTHING to do with our status as non-creators of the victims.

• Agree
Reactions: dlamberth
Upvote 0

Arius

Site Supporter
Oct 31, 2017
Phoenix
✟104,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Married
"Divinity" here refers to theology. It is not a degree in divination, it is a degree in divinity, aka theology. Nobody is studying divination at a Christian seminary.

Thank you again for your kind response.

OK, lets observe what you just said: "Divinity" here refers to theology

Google dict. - theology:
the study of the nature of God/gods and religious belief.
  • religious beliefs and theory when systematically developed.
Hinduism, Buddhism, Islam etc. all have very different ideas of god, and so does the Christian Religions and its various denominations. Sid Roth's "It's Supernatural" is a perfect example of this O.P. and millions of theists/atheists (which are two sides of the same coin 'religion') enjoy his show. The deception is that he uses the Bible, or refers to the Bible as if the god/gods/goddesses and other deities he is talking about is referring to our Creator "I Am" and His son "Word", now also named Jesus Christ revealed in the Bible.

Theology is the "study of the nature of these gods", and in this case since we are talking about "divinity", using your definition below:

2 :the quality or state of being divine
3 often capitalized :a divine being: such as
a :god 1
b (1) :god 2
(2) :goddess

.. they study a vide range of gods and goddesses, all kinds of divine beings which can include men like Pharaohs and Popes, to Satan and his fallen angels who reside in the supernatural realm.

This is as clear as it gets, what you may not see/understand is that our Infinite, Eternal Creator God "I Am" mentioned in the Bible is NOT some divine being, and especially He doesn't reside in the 'supernatural realm', .. and if you watched enough TV like I did, you should know what are those spirits and demons that rule (for now) from the supernatural realm.

Our Bible God "I Am" resides in Heaven, .. and not the 'supernatural realm'. He does not 'divine' to mediums, Christian or otherwise, .. but 'reveal His will/message' to His Chosen Prophets, and after Jesus having ascended to Heaven (again, not to the supernatural realm but to Heaven) he sent us the Holy Spirit. So now God reveals His message through him, to us who are "spiritual", or walk according to the spirit.
Those who still choose to walk according to the flesh use divinations to communicate with divine beings, demons.

"Divinity is the study of Christian and other theology and ministry at a school, divinity school, university, or seminary. The term is sometimes a synonym for theology as an academic, speculative pursuit, and sometimes is used for the study of applied theology and ministry to make a distinction between that and academic theology. It most often refers to Christian study which is linked with the professional degrees for ordained ministry or related work, though it is also used in an academic setting by other faith traditions." - Divinity (academic discipline) - Wikipedia

"Definition of divinity
plural divinities
1 :theology
2 :the quality or state of being divine
3 often capitalized :a divine being: such as
a :god 1
b (1) :god 2
(2) :goddess
4 :fudge made of whipped egg whites, sugar, and nuts"
- Definition of DIVINITY (emphasis in bold is mine)

-CryptoLutheran

Yes, exactly as I explained.
In summery:
When someone gets their degree in Divinity, he/she now can communicate with beings in the supernatural realm and divine to people much like Jane Roberts did to her husband:
Seth Material - Wikipedia

But according to the Bible we are warned of such apostasy!

Numbers 22:7 And the elders of Moab and the elders of Midian departed with the rewards of divination in their hand; and they came unto Balaam, and spake unto him the words of Balak.

Deuteronomy 18:10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth
divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch.

Jeremiah 14:14 Then the Lord said unto me, The prophets prophesy lies in my name: I sent them not, neither have I commanded them, neither spake unto them: they prophesy unto you a false vision and
divination, and a thing of nought, and the deceit of their heart.

Ezekiel 21:21 For the king of Babylon stood at the parting of the way, at the head of the two ways, to use
divination: he made his arrows bright, he consulted with images, he looked in the liver.

Acts 16:16 And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of
divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying

1 Samuel 15:23 For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the Lord, he hath also rejected thee from being king.

Upvote 0

Arius

Site Supporter
Oct 31, 2017
Phoenix
✟104,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Married
You said nothing about an "unbeliever" in your original comment.

I'm saying that "religious" doesn't have to do anything with god/gods, as atheists insist. Like in "religion and science don't mix"

Merriam Webster religious: relating to or manifesting faithful devotion to an acknowledged ultimate reality or deity

Upvote 0

Arius

Site Supporter
Oct 31, 2017
Phoenix
✟104,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Married
No.
We can do that kind of thing with computer games because the "victims" are not sentient or sapient.
They do not feel pain, they are not self-aware, they are not alive in any sense of the word.

Neither is a human body without the spirit/soul/mind.

But, .. Games are becoming more and more realistic, wouldn't take much to add to the controller to give a little shock every time it's warranted, don't you think? Or heat when the player touches something that's supposed to be hot. This is where gloves, suits come in.

Soon, you won't know the difference between reality and the game.

If we were to do such a thing to beings like us, we'd commit a horrible atrocity, whether we were their creators or not.

God gave "the breath of life" into a body created from dust particles. We can mimic this by creating CGImages, and through the 'game-controllers' being the breath of life (spirit/mind/soul) in those game characters.

There is a reason why dog fights and similar displays of cruelty (let alone gladiatorial fights where fighters get mutilated to "make the spectacle more interesting") are prohibited, and it's got NOTHING to do with our status as non-creators of the victims.

I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing here?
Please see video above, especially starting from time 2:40
Yes, our own creation can become very realistic, where soon I'm sure you could even kill, or be killed.

Upvote 0

Arius

Site Supporter
Oct 31, 2017
Phoenix
✟104,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Is that being "religious"? Or perhaps "spiritual". Being Spiritual need not have anything to do with God(s) either.

Actually, the spiritual is on the God-plain, not the physical plain and has almost everything to do with either our Infinite Spirit/Mind Creator God, or some other gods. One is the god of this world, Satan.

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟730,332.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
Actually, the spiritual is on the God-plain, not the physical plain and has almost everything to do with either our Infinite Spirit/Mind Creator God, or some other gods. One is the god of this world, Satan.
All I need to do is to look at my grand daughter's Divine smile and laugh to know that the Infinite Spirit/Mind Creator God makes itself knows to us through this Creation. For this Lover of God...God is the ONLY Reality!

• Friendly
Reactions: LaSorcia
Upvote 0

Arius

Site Supporter
Oct 31, 2017
Phoenix
✟104,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Sorry for the delay in replying. It seems I had a virus and was unable to post anything for several days.

Oh no, I am just glad you are back. My wife just got back from the doctor with some prescription of nasal spray, inhalers, and antibiotic, so yeah, I understand, winter is here, right?

Here are the English words you are looking for in your faulty translation;

Exodus 3:15 Moreover __God__ said to Moses, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel: ‘The Lord __God_ of your fathers, the __God__ of Abraham, the _God___ of Isaac, and the _God___ of Jacob, has sent me to you. This is My name forever, and this is My memorial to all generations.’

Now I will ask you to do the same, but instead of substituting for truth as English translators do, write the truth in the blank;

Exo 3:15 And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, ________ God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.

Yes sir, it is in English "Lord God" as in: "Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, Lord God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations." So yes, as I said, God can be referred to as Lord, or God, or Father, or Creator, or YHWH, or 47 other names and references to our heavenly Father .. what you are looking for is where you remove the Word 'God' altogether and create confusion like this:

Names of God Bible (NOG) I couldn't find my NWT
"Elohim answered Moses, “Ehyeh Who Ehyeh. This is what you must say to the people of Israel: ‘Ehyeh has sent me to you.’”
15 Again Elohim said to Moses, “This is what you must say to the people of Israel: Yahweh Elohim of your ancestors, the Elohim of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, has sent me to you. This is my name forever. This is my title throughout every generation.
16 “Go, assemble the leaders of Israel. Say to them, ‘Yahweh Elohim of your ancestors, the Elohim of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, appeared to me. He said, “I have paid close attention to you and have seen what has been done to you in Egypt."

And since I am not here to argue about your Religion, only about what Religions, especially all the Christian Religions claim the Bible says. People must know who the One and Only Possible God is, since they worship false gods, .. not false Elohim's.

You accused me of worshiping a name when you wrote, “If you worship a name, that is your choice.” I know what you meant. You made the same accusation in this post when you wrote, “But that's OK, if you want to worship the word Jehovah/YHWH, you may join the tens of thousands of other Religions out there, who worship just about every thing, every name, every day of the week that one could imagine.” In other words, you believe I worship the word/name YHWH rather than the person of YHWH simply because I use the name YHWH.

Look at this though: (NOG-Bible)
Exodus 7:1 Yahweh answered Moses, “I have made you a god to Pharaoh, and your brother Aaron is your prophet.
Why was Elohim left out, and a small 'g' god was left here? What did God mean: "I will make you a "god" to Pharaoh, how would Moses understand that, that God will make him a pagan idol-god? Or just another god, where Moses could mistakenly believe there ARE other gods besides Elohim Yahweh?

Wait, .. you DO believe that Yahweh is God, right?

Exodus 20: (NOG-Bible)
1 Then Elohim spoke all these words:
2 “I am Yahweh your Elohim, who brought you out of slavery in Egypt.
3 “Never have any other god."

Look: "I am your Elohim, .. never have any other god" what kind of confusion is this? Either you tell people that Yahweh is God, or that Yahweh is an Elohim. Like: "Listen People, you better not have any other Elohim's, because the only Elohim you must worship is Yahweh!"
Of course they would respond: "Oh no, we never have worshipped any Elohim's, we worship other gods, not Elohim's!"

I accept it? Do you accept that He is the great “I Am” and that His Son, therefore, CANNOT be the great “I Am” based on Exodus 3:15 and Acts 3:13?

Logic dictates that there is only One Infinite, scientifically, philosophically and mathematically, and Infinite is Conscious, and when Moses asked Him who He was, He responded: "I Am Who I Am", the God of Abraham, Isaak and Jacob", so there is no more dispute who God is either scientifically, philosophically or mathematically, and obviously there can be no other gods besides Him. How could you put anything besides Infinite? Infinite beget a Son He named "Word", the first of all Gods creations and through the son Word God created everything else. Simple and true, and scientifically, philosophically and mathematically solid. There is our proof of God, the Only Possible Creator of all creations starting with His Son Word.

No. I am saying the Scriptures teach us He is Spirit, but they don’t say anything else about His make up/substance.

It doesn't really matter what it said, since Can't 'make up' Infinite, .. Infinite Is, and He is Conscious, .. as in "I Am. All created things and beings are IN Infinite/God.

I am not trying to “indoctrinate” you. I am simply pointing out things you mistakenly believe (like your belief that Moses asked “What is your name” rather than the children of Israel possibly asking it and that “I Am” is a name rather than a state of being).

Conscious Infinite Spirit/Mind God Is not a state of being, but the "Ground of Being". He Is, as He said to Moses: "I Am", .. go tell them that "I Am" has sent me to you." You cannot name Infinite, that would make Him finite, a being that Religions could idolize. They could say: We worship Jehovah, another could worship the 'Flying Spaghetti Monster' and so on. Hebrew names meant something, don't take our Lord/Elohim God Jehovah and idolize it, .. remember? You shall not make or worship any "other man made finite gods". And names are only of 'finite created things or beings.' God is not a being.

How can I be proselytizing those words in purple if I never said them? You put those words in my mouth to make me look like an idiot who is trying to rewrite the Bible.

You are trying to indoctrinate me with a name of your god, as if He was just one of the many gods with names.
We have to know God in the spirit/mind, not by a name. You must be "in the spirit", for God is Spirit, and ONLY those in the spirit can truly know him.
Anyone could claim a name like Allah, Jehovah, or that pagan god named YHWH I've shown you before.

Now you accuse me of intending to deceive even though I DID put the verse numbers (14 & 15) in.

I noticed you ignored the very words that I pointed out to you proving Moses did NOT ask, “What is His name”, but that the children of Israel might ask it. See the words in red.

There are many Johns and Jesu's, and as I've shown you even pagan YHWH's, but WHO God is, as in "I Am" of whom is more revealed elsewhere in the Bible is Infinite, so "who sent me?" And God answered exactly "Who". Our Lord God IS, and we know because He told Moses "WHO" He was: "I Am".

I do not worship the “Sabbath-god”. I worship the God who gave us the Sabbath.

Maybe you don't but there is a Religion out there that definitely does, they even named themselves the worshippers of that day-god. Others worship the sun, the moon, some names, some days, some Pharaohs, some women-gods, and then there is the mother-of-all-gods, and others men; as holiest of fathers!

Joshua 24:15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: "But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord"

Are you a Christian? If so, then you are part of “Organized Religion”. I am not a Christian, but a Messianic Hebrew who does not belong to any religion. I belong to YHWH and Yeshua ALONE.

I have left all organized Religions, I was raised a Christian and have now turned to the One true, and Only Possible Infinite and Eternal Creator God "I Am" revealed both in the Bible, and as revealed philosophically, scientifically and mathematically as 'Infinite', whom I came to know through His only begotten son "Word" who became flesh and was named Jesus (in English), dwelt amongst us, was crucified, .. died on the cross for me a no good sinner, to save me from eternal damnation. It is He, the Great and Only Possible Creator "I Am" that I reveal to you!

The name Christian was a light mocking word used by the residents of Antioch, like we would use "Goodie-two-shoes".
Peter explains to the Believers/Disciples not to be ashamed being mocked, being called names:

1 Peter 4:14 If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.
15 But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters.
Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.

The Catholic Religion with the help of the Gentile Emperor Constantine assumed the name "Christian", and instead of the cross of Christ, he took and made his sword the cross, and instead of "turn the other cheek", the Christian Religion "turned and smote the other cheek" of anyone who stood in their way.

The Christian Religion has a very bloody past, rape, torture, child molestation, and unbiblical doctrines like the Trinity-gods. I have nothing to do with this, or any of their denominations, it is all Religion with roots in Christianity.

Also, my mother was Jewish, her maiden name was "Rabbi Julianna" (remember in Europe last names first)
God bless you in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Even though I'm Jewish, I don't speak Hebrew, nor do I belong to any religion.

Upvote 0

Jane_the_Bane

Gaia's godchild
Feb 11, 2004
✟168,333.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
UK-Greens
Yes, our own creation can become very realistic, where soon I'm sure you could even kill, or be killed.
You honestly do not seem to comprehend the problem here.
If we were capable of creating bona fide AI, synthetic consciousness capable of self-awareness, then torturing, mutilating or killing these entities would be profoundly wrong - even if we were their sole creators. It would be wrong for the same reasons as the ones behind outlawing gladiatorial combat, or prohibiting cruelty against animals.

Are you fully capable of empathy? Can you relate to other people? It truly mystifies me that you seem to think you could blissfully torment or kill any sentient being, provided you've created it yourself. As if that would somehow make it your property, your slave.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Oh no, I am just glad you are back. My wife just got back from the doctor with some prescription of nasal spray, inhalers, and antibiotic, so yeah, I understand, winter is here, right?
I meant I had a computer virus.

So yes, as I said, God can be referred to as Lord, or God, or Father, or Creator, or YHWH, or 47 other names and references to our heavenly Father
Those are titles. His name is YHWH.

.. what you are looking for is where you remove the Word 'God' altogether and create confusion like this:

Names of God Bible (NOG) I couldn't find my NWT
"Elohim answered Moses, “Ehyeh Who Ehyeh. This is what you must say to the people of Israel: ‘Ehyeh has sent me to you.’”
15 Again Elohim said to Moses, “This is what you must say to the people of Israel: Yahweh Elohim of your ancestors, the Elohim of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, has sent me to you. This is my name forever. This is my title throughout every generation.
16 “Go, assemble the leaders of Israel. Say to them, ‘Yahweh Elohim of your ancestors, the Elohim of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, appeared to me. He said, “I have paid close attention to you and have seen what has been done to you in Egypt."

And since I am not here to argue about your Religion, only about what Religions, especially all the Christian Religions claim the Bible says. People must know who the One and Only Possible God is, since they worship false gods, .. not false Elohim's.
"Elohim" is already plural. "Elohim's" is not a word. I prefer to use "Elohim" since it has a much deeper meaning than "God" and is not a man-made title as "God" is. However, I am forced to sometimes use "God" for the sake of those who don't understand the word "Elohim".

Look at this though: (NOG-Bible)
Exodus 7:1 Yahweh answered Moses, “I have made you a god to Pharaoh, and your brother Aaron is your prophet.
Why was Elohim left out, and a small 'g' god was left here? What did God mean: "I will make you a "god" to Pharaoh, how would Moses understand that, that God will make him a pagan idol-god? Or just another god, where Moses could mistakenly believe there ARE other gods besides Elohim Yahweh?
It should have been translated "Elohim" or "God" since "a" is not in the text and YHWH was making Moses His primary representative acting in His stead.

Wait, .. you DO believe that Yahweh is God, right?
YHWH is the "ONLY true Elohim/Theos/God" John 17:3

Exodus 20: (NOG-Bible)
1 Then Elohim spoke all these words:
2 “I am Yahweh your Elohim, who brought you out of slavery in Egypt.
3 “Never have any other god."

Look: "I am your Elohim, .. never have any other god" what kind of confusion is this? Either you tell people that Yahweh is God, or that Yahweh is an Elohim. Like: "Listen People, you better not have any other Elohim's, because the only Elohim you must worship is Yahweh!"
Of course they would respond: "Oh no, we never have worshipped any Elohim's, we worship other gods, not Elohim's!"
I believe it should read "any other elohim/god" since it is referring to elohim other than the only true Elohim.

Conscious Infinite Spirit/Mind God
Is not a state of being, but the "Ground of Being". He Is, as He said to Moses: "I Am", .. go tell them that "I Am" has sent me to you." You cannot name Infinite, that would make Him finite, a being that Religions could idolize. They could say: We worship Jehovah, another could worship the 'Flying Spaghetti Monster' and so on. Hebrew names meant something, don't take our Lord/Elohim God Jehovah and idolize it, .. remember? You shall not make or worship any "other man made finite gods". And names are only of 'finite created things or beings.' God is not a being.

Man did not name "Infinite". Our Creator named Himself YHWH.

YHWH is a being. "Being" is defined as "the quality or state of having existence". YHWH exists and is therefore a "Being".

You are trying to indoctrinate me with a name of your god, as if He was just one of the many gods with names.
We have to know God in the spirit/mind, not by a name. You must be "in the spirit", for God is Spirit, and ONLY those in the spirit can truly know him.
Anyone could claim a name like Allah, Jehovah, or that pagan god named YHWH I've shown you before.
There are many gods and many lords (1 Corinthians 8:5) and they all have names. Our Elohim/God named Himself "YHWH" whether you accept that or not. Those who are truly walking in the Spirit will know His name AND use it.

Micah 4:5 - "For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of YHWH our Elohim for ever and ever."

Zechariah 13:7-9 - "Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man that is my fellow, saith YHWH of hosts: smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones. And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith YHWH, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein. And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, YHWH is my Elohim."​

Zechariah prophesied exactly what I and people that believe like me will say; "YHWH is my Elohim". What will you say?

Joshua 24:15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell:
"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord"

Joshua 24:15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve YHWH, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: "But as for me and my household, we will serve YHWH"

I can and do say that last statement in bold. Can you?

Also, my mother was Jewish, her maiden name was "Rabbi Julianna" (remember in Europe last names first)
God bless you in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Even though I'm Jewish, I don't speak Hebrew, nor do I belong to any religion.
Do you have an aversion to using "YHWH" because the Jews teach it is too holy to use? They are in error. YHWH put His name in Scripture around 7,000 times so we would say it when reading Scripture. It was NEVER His intention to have it removed from our Bibles as ignorant, superstitious men have done. You propagate their error by not restoring the name "YHWH" to the text and to your speech.

Upvote 0

Arius

Site Supporter
Oct 31, 2017
Phoenix
✟104,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Married
All I need to do is to look at my grand daughter's Divine smile and laugh to know that the Infinite Spirit/Mind Creator God makes itself knows to us through this Creation. For this Lover of God...God is the ONLY Reality!

Well put!
Her Divine smile - informal; excellent, delightful
Creator God makes itself known - god as an idea, like the trinity-gods: holy father-god, .. sun-god and mother-of-all gods immaculate heart, or spirit-god = creates the 'it', the "idea of god"

Shield of the Trinity - Wikipedia

Upvote 0

Arius

Site Supporter
Oct 31, 2017
Phoenix
✟104,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Married
You honestly do not seem to comprehend the problem here.
If we were capable of creating bona fide AI, synthetic consciousness capable of self-awareness, then torturing, mutilating or killing these entities would be profoundly wrong - even if we were their sole creators. It would be wrong for the same reasons as the ones behind outlawing gladiatorial combat, or prohibiting cruelty against animals.

AI would remain a soulless program, or robot, we can only mimic the look of pain on the CGI or robot characters. The only reality to it would be what I shown you, the suits for the gamers.

Are you fully capable of empathy? Can you relate to other people? It truly mystifies me that you seem to think you could blissfully torment or kill any sentient being, provided you've created it yourself. As if that would somehow make it your property, your slave.

Your love, empathy and compassion for AI is truly amazing, I guess I'll just leave it at that. I would like to warn you not to ever watch teens play their war-games, it would rip you apart emotionally. It is brutal.

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟730,332.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
Well put!
Her Divine smile - informal; excellent, delightful
Creator God makes itself known - god as an idea, like the trinity-gods: holy father-god, .. sun-god and mother-of-all gods immaculate heart, or spirit-god = creates the 'it', the "idea of god"

Shield of the Trinity - Wikipedia
On one hand, it's true that God is an idea. On the other though, the awakened awareness of the Divine Spark, if you will, that runs through this Creation is to be experience and even danced with free of our mental concepts and forms.

Upvote 0

Arius

Site Supporter
Oct 31, 2017
Phoenix
✟104,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Married
I meant I had a computer virus.

Wow, .. that's one serious computer virus, .. better spray it down with some disinfectant. I'm just glad you're OK!? (pun intended)

Those are titles. His name is YHWH.

You don't seem to understand because you seem to be stuck on that name.
You know that anyone could go down to the MVD and change their name to YHWH, but that would not make them God, the Only Possible Infinite Creator God now would it?

"Elohim" is already plural. "Elohim's" is not a word. I prefer to use "Elohim" since it has a much deeper meaning than "God" and is not a man-made title as "God" is. However, I am forced to sometimes use "God" for the sake of those who don't understand the word "Elohim".

Yes, it would not make sense to use Hebrew words to those who don't speak it. Besides, we are to turn people from worshipping other gods, not other Elohim's. I mean other Elohim, .. see the problem this creates?

It should have been translated "Elohim" or "God" since "a" is not in the text and YHWH was making Moses His primary representative acting in His stead.

I agree, but how is it that you would be OK using the word "God", since you believe it's a man-made pagan translation?

YHWH is the "ONLY true Elohim/Theos/God" John 17:3

Wait, coming from you, I understand you being OK using the word Elohim, but the Greek word "theos", and the pagan word God? What did the Greeks know of the God of Abraham, Isaak and Jacob, nothing. Theology is the study of pagan-gods, not Bible study of our Infinite Creator God "I Am" Yahweh.
This is why we should stick with English. The whole message of the Bible is for us to turn away from pagan gods and come to know "who" our Creator God is.
As I said, anyone can change their names to YHWH, or Jehovah. It is to come to know "who" God is that's important.

I believe it should read "any other elohim/god" since it is referring to elohim other than the only true Elohim.

You didn't write that Bible, when you do, I'll refer to it. You still don't see yourself defending a word Jehovah do you?
Look how much time and effort you put into proselytizing the word "Jehovah", yet you say that this word, or set of Hebrew words are not what you idolize and worship, .. or that it's not your god!? My dear friend, the Bible, or Gods message is NOT about whether or not you say His name in Hebrew, or English, but about coming to know Him! And saying, and praying to these words "Jehovah/YHWH/Yahweh" will not bring anyone closer to knowing who our Creator is. I pray you will one day "see" this with your spiritual eyes and wake up to reality. I did.

Man did not name "Infinite". Our Creator named Himself YHWH.

Which creator, .. Zeus? You are talking to the whole world, .. being a "light to the world", trying to open peoples eyes, and there are thousands of imagined creators out there. One is the Catholic created Big-Bang. So some could understand you as saying "Creator/Zeus, .. or creator George Lemaitre named himself YHWH".

YHWH is a being. "Being" is defined as "the quality or state of having existence". YHWH exists and is therefore a "Being".

No my friend, God, the God of Abraham, Isaak and Jacob, the God of the Bible, our Creator is NOT a 'being'. Beings have names like John, gadar perets, Bill, Mary and so on. The gentile world makes 'gods' out of beings, this is why we have so many different Religions in the world. Our job as Believers is to "reveal God" to the world and show them that our God is not just another beings in creation. He is not part of "existence", .. all you have to do is leave your Religion and your Religious Indoctrination behind at least long enough for you to be able to use your spiritual mind and 'see' with your spiritual eyes, .. and ask yourself; what does "existence" mean?

existence -
noun
the fact or state of living or having objective reality.

Bill, John, Mary, they have 'objective reality', .. "look, there is John!"

There are many gods and many lords (1 Corinthians 8:5) and they all have names. Our Elohim/God named Himself "YHWH" whether you accept that or not.

God is not one of the gods, like what Greeks and now Christians study in Theology.

Those who are truly walking in the Spirit will know His name AND use it.

Micah 4:5 - "For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of YHWH our Elohim for ever and ever."

Zechariah 13:7-9 - "Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man that is my fellow, saith YHWH of hosts: smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones. And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith YHWH, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein. And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, YHWH is my Elohim."​

Good luck with that, if you think you can turn your god that was created by your Religion into a 4 letter word "YHWH" and think it will become the "Most High", you are so mistaken my dear friend.

I do mean friend, because I soooo wish that I could turn one of you (otherwise Bible followers) to walk with me, it would be the greatest joy of my life.
Please listen to me, these four letters: YHWH means nothing, but only to you and your Religion, and when you hear it Sunday morning from other faithful followers, it reassures you. Just as that other Religion I went to who demanded I say "Happy Sabbath" when I went to church made them happy.

The word God means nothing, people use it all the time in cussing, or asking for things, whatever.
Jehovah, Yahweh, Elohim, god, Zeus, Odin, ISIS, .. these mean nothing, until these words are worshipped as gods by millions. That's where they become important.

Again, .. please look what you're defending?

Zechariah prophesied exactly what I and people that believe like me will say; "YHWH is my Elohim". What will you say?

Joshua 24:15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve YHWH, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: "But as for me and my household, we will serve YHWH"

I can and do say that last statement in bold. Can you?

Yes, the difference is that you worship the name, and I worship the God to whom that name belongs to. So since we are here in the States, ".. as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord". Yes, the God of Abraham, Isaak and Jacob, who revealed His true self to Moses, sort of, .. His back side as His glory passed before Moses who God placed in the cleft of the rock.

But now, with His son Word come into the world, God revealed His true self to us all, .. revealed who "I Am" Is, and how He created all things, and why?

Do you have an aversion to using "YHWH" because the Jews teach it is too holy to use? They are in error. YHWH put His name in Scripture around 7,000 times so we would say it when reading Scripture. It was NEVER His intention to have it removed from our Bibles as ignorant, superstitious men have done. You propagate their error by not restoring the name "YHWH" to the text and to your speech.

Oh no, I am not a hypocrite like my Jewish ancestors who even today would not write the word God, but write G_d, who today are the leading atheists in the world, and they have dedicated their Capital to the worship of "homosexuality", so no, .. to me saying or writing YHWH, or Jehovah, or Yahweh is no problem.

What I am hoping to get across to you is the title of this O.P. "Bible VS organized Religion", and how different our Creator God can be from what the Bible teaches to what Religion, any and all Christian Religions teach!?

Look, I KNOW, I really do know what saying, or what it means to you when you say the name YHWH, or Jehovah, the same as what praying to Mary means to other half of my Catholic family and friends;

As this looks to you, is exactly what you preach/teach about the words YHWH, Jehovah Yahweh looks to me. Also, I'm sure that as offensive as my Biblical revelation about your Religious views are to you, it is the same when I tell my dear Croatian Catholic family and friends about the Medjugorje Apparition of the Virgin Mary is to them. But, we are called to be a light to the world, .. and Religions have done nothing but bring confusion and darkness. In the pretense of being a "light".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Arius

Site Supporter
Oct 31, 2017
Phoenix
✟104,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Married
On one hand, it's true that God is an idea. On the other though, the awakened awareness of the Divine Spark, if you will, that runs through this Creation is to be experience and even danced with free of our mental concepts and forms.

Hmm, .. interesting to say the least. But to be free of our mental concepts and forms would mean 'comatose', .. no? Couldn't 'dance' much either spiritually OR physically then!?

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟730,332.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
Hmm, .. interesting to say the least. But to be free of our mental concepts and forms would mean 'comatose', .. no?
This would be an area where the mystics dwell in. Contemplation and Meditation play a big part in the process to get there. Also, riding Love like an arrow to the Heart of God will also get one there. Nothing comatose about it.

Couldn't 'dance' much either spiritually OR physically then!?
What happens when reaching the Ground of Being, which is where the soul dwells, is that life becomes a dance, both spiritually AND physically. The reason being is that the soul is responding to what it experiences.

Edited to add: Consciousness is not comatose...far from it!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You don't seem to understand because you seem to be stuck on that name.
You know that anyone could go down to the MVD and change their name to YHWH, but that would not make them God, the Only Possible Infinite Creator God now would it?
Anyone can change their name to "I AM" as well. Just because someone has the audacity and idiocy to change their name to "YHWH" does not change the FACT that the Almighty's name is "YHWH".

I agree, but how is it that you would be OK using the word "God", since you believe it's a man-made pagan translation?
I dislike using that word. I use it until the person I am communicating with understands that their God has a name or until they understand that "Elohim" is the correct inspired title that man changed to "God".

As I said, anyone can change their names to YHWH, or Jehovah. It is to come to know "who" God is that's important.
I already know who He is. I also know His name and choose to use it since that is His will for His people. If He didn't want us to use His name, He would not have inspired it to be written almost 7,000 times.

You didn't write that Bible, when you do, I'll refer to it. You still don't see yourself defending a word Jehovah do you?
Look how much time and effort you put into proselytizing the word "Jehovah", yet you say that this word, or set of Hebrew words are not what you idolize and worship, .. or that it's not your god!?
Jehovah??? I NEVER use Jehovah. Nor do I idolize any name. That is your wild imagination.

Which creator, .. Zeus? You are talking to the whole world, .. being a "light to the world", trying to open peoples eyes, and there are thousands of imagined creators out there. One is the Catholic created Big-Bang. So some could understand you as saying "Creator/Zeus, .. or creator George Lemaitre named himself YHWH".
No one can ever understand me to be referring to Zeus since I use "YHWH". They can, however, understand you to refer to Zeus since you merely call your Creator "God" as pagans do Zeus.
Good luck with that, if you think you can turn your god that was created by your Religion into a 4 letter word "YHWH" and think it will become the "Most High", you are so mistaken my dear friend.
Explain to me how my Religion created my god and named Him "YHWH". Do you deny that "YHWH" was inspired to be written in Scripture? And what is my Religion?

I do mean friend, because I soooo wish that I could turn one of you (otherwise Bible followers) to walk with me, it would be the greatest joy of my life.
Please listen to me, these four letters: YHWH means nothing, but only to you and your Religion, and when you hear it Sunday morning from other faithful followers, it reassures you. Just as that other Religion I went to who demanded I say "Happy Sabbath" when I went to church made them happy.
I do not go to church on Sunday morning since the 7th day is the Sabbath, not the first day.

Again, .. please look what you're defending?
The only thing I am defending is the FACT that our Creator revealed His name to us in the Hebrew text by four letters (transliterated as YHWH). You have NO defense against it except to falsely accuse me of idolizing and worshiping that name.

Yes, the difference is that you worship the name, and I worship the God to whom that name belongs to.
Here you justify my last statement.

So since we are here in the States, ".. as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord". Yes, the God of Abraham, Isaak and Jacob, who revealed His true self to Moses, sort of, .. His back side as His glory passed before Moses who God placed in the cleft of the rock.
Paul also said there are many "lords". Which "Lord" does your household serve?

What I am hoping to get across to you is the title of this O.P. "Bible VS organized Religion", and how different our Creator God can be from what the Bible teaches to what Religion, any and all Christian Religions teach!?
Which Bible? The English Bible teaches our Creator's name is "The LORD" or "Jehovah". THe Hebrew Bible teaches His name is "YHWH". I'll stick with what was inspired and reject man's substitution for truth.

Upvote 0

Jane_the_Bane

Gaia's godchild
Feb 11, 2004
✟168,333.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
UK-Greens
AI would remain a soulless program, or robot, we can only mimic the look of pain on the CGI or robot characters. The only reality to it would be what I shown you, the suits for the gamers.
No.
Genuine AI requires sentience, and is thus not "soulless", even if your beliefs in some supernatural ingredient may suggest otherwise.

Your love, empathy and compassion for AI is truly amazing, I guess I'll just leave it at that. I would like to warn you not to ever watch teens play their war-games, it would rip you apart emotionally. It is brutal.
May I remind you that you introduced this example as an analogy for a deity having essentially free reign to do to us whatever they wish, and that being perfectly just and good?
A deity who treated sapient, self-aware beings like you'd treat computer sprites would be the epitome of evil, not justice.
Unless you want to deny that human beings have got "souls", and can thus not experience pain, agony, or despair.

Upvote 0

Arius

Site Supporter
Oct 31, 2017
Phoenix
✟104,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Married
This would be an area where the mystics dwell in. Contemplation and Meditation play a big part in the process to get there. Also, riding Love like an arrow to the Heart of God will also get one there. Nothing comatose about it.

".. riding Love like an arrow to the Heart of God" .. are you a mystic, .. into Contemplation and Meditation?
How do you, .. __ an arrow to the heart of God?

What happens when reaching the Ground of Being, which is where the soul dwells, is that life becomes a dance, both spiritually AND physically. The reason being is that the soul is responding to what it experiences.

I agree that the "fruits of the spirit" which is; love, joy, peace, patience, goodness, kindness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control is definitely a 'dance of the spirit', and if I had those traits, I'd be dancing physically too. For now, I will just have to be happy 'knowing' about those things.
Our soul/spirit is 'of' the Ground of Being, or God, not where it dwells. Our soul/spirit dwells in this body of flesh which makes us individuals from God.

Edited to add: Consciousness is not comatose...far from it!

I agree, and I have never claimed otherwise. Consciousness with the wisdom of God is 'life'. Without the wisdom of God, consciousness is darkness, or death.

Infinite who is Conscious, .. as in "I Am" is God. Because we were created, in other words because we are made up of body & spirit, we can never become God, but we can become one in heart, soul and mind, .. or one in agreement with God. Agreeing that whatever He says (Word) is best for me. Becoming one in mind/agreement with Him as Jesus was: "Me and the Father are One!"

Reactions: dlamberth
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.