• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Bible verses thread.... (4)

Discussion in 'Friendship Court' started by ChrisBot, Jul 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skisweet

skisweet Member

+8
    Pentecostal
    Married
    1 Corinthians 2:
    9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

2. Hisbygrace

Hisbygrace Carried On The Wings Of An Eagle

+5,758
    Baptist
    US-Democrat
    Isaiah 59:1
    Behold the Lord's hand is not so short
    That it cannot save
    Neither is His ear so dull
    That it cannot hear.

3. MsNiteLite

MsNiteLite Well-Known Member

+509
    Baptist
    Private
    US-Democrat
    For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Romans 5:6-8

4. shakingthedustoffmyfeet

shakingthedustoffmyfeet Goodbye

+1,661
    Pentecostal
    Married
    Incline my heart to Your testimonies, And not to covetousness. Turn away my eyes from looking at worthless things, And revive me in Your way.

5. MeekOne

MeekOne Meek is not weak

+4,840
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

6. Dutchess

Dutchess Senior Member

+69
    Non-Denom
  7. QuantaCura

QuantaCura Rejoice always.

+918
    Catholic
    Mal. 1:11 For from the rising of the sun even to the going down, my name is great among the Gentiles, and in every place there is sacrifice, and there is offered to my name a clean oblation: for my name is great among the Gentiles, saith the Lord of hosts. :liturgy:

8. Jasma

Jasma Proud Pro-Lifer

+755
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Summoning the twelve men whom he had selected from among the Israelites, one from each tribe,
    Joshua said to them: "Go to the bed of the Jordan in front of the ark of the LORD, your God; lift to your shoulders one stone apiece, so that they will equal in number the tribes of the Israelites.
    In the future, these are to be a sign among you. When your children ask you what these stones mean to you, you shall answer them, 'The waters of the Jordan ceased to flow before the ark of the covenant of the LORD when it crossed the Jordan.' Thus these stones are to serve as a perpetual memorial to the Israelites." The twelve Israelites did as Joshua had commanded: they took up as many stones from the bed of the Jordan as there were tribes of the Israelites, and carried them along to the camp site, where they placed them, according to the LORD'S direction. Joshua also had twelve stones set up in the bed of the Jordan on the spot where the priests stood who were carrying the ark of the covenant. They are there to this day. ~Joshua 4:4-9

9. Dutchess

Dutchess Senior Member

+69
    Non-Denom
    [bible]Psalm 37:4[/bible]

10. MeekOne

MeekOne Meek is not weak

+4,840
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    I will meditate on the glorious splendor of Your majesty, And on Your wondrous works. (NKJV)

11. JPPT1974

JPPT1974 Halloween Happiness

+9,629
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    CA-Conservatives
    Matthew 26:46:Rise, let us be going: behold, he is at hand that doth betray me.

12. fieldlily

fieldlily God heals and restores!

+751
    Christian
    Private
    Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away...

He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!"

Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life...[Rev. 21: 1, 5, 22:1] :angel:

13. doc329

doc329 In His Service Supporter

+33,564
    Christian
    Widowed
    US-Republican
    [​IMG]Opportunities to share the gospel are given to us by God.​

[​IMG] Ephesians 3:7
    "God has given me the wonderful privilege of telling everyone about this plan of His; and He has given me his power and special ability to do it well."

14. QuantaCura

QuantaCura Rejoice always.

+918
    Catholic
    Ecclesiasticus (Sirach) 35:26 The mercy of God is beautiful in the time of affliction, as a cloud of rain in the time of drought. :crossrc:

15. MeekOne

MeekOne Meek is not weak

+4,840
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    For though he was crucified through weakness, yet he liveth by the power of God. For we also are weak in him, but we shall live with him by the power of God toward you.

16. From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another.

17. Proverbs31

Proverbs31 Let Go And Let God

+110
    Pentecostal
    Single
    Galatians 6:2
    Bear ye one another's burdens and so fulfil the law of christ.

18. angelwind

angelwind Soli Deo Gloria Supporter

+3,287
    Baptist
    Widowed
    Let this be recorded for a generation to come, so that a people yet unborn may praise the Lord:
    that He looked down from His holy hight, from heaven the Lord looked at the earth, to hear the groans of the prisoners, to set free those who were doomed to die;
    so that the name of the Lord may be declared in Zion, and his praise in Jerusalem,
    when peoples gather together, and kingdoms, to worship the Lord.

19. doc329

doc329 In His Service Supporter

+33,564
    Christian
    Widowed
    US-Republican
    [​IMG]Real faith is believing in what Christ has done for us. ​
    [​IMG] Romans 5:1
    "So now, since we have been made right in GodÂ’s sight by faith in his promises, we can have real peace with Him because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us."

20. axshonjackson

axshonjackson Member

+15
    Baptist
    US-Others
    James 4:17
    Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn't do it, sins.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.