So. California
Visit site
✟97,335.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Widowed
He who hates Me hates My Father also.

If I had not done among them the works which no one else did, they would have no sin; but now they have seen and also hated both Me and My Father.

But this happened that the word might be fulfilled which is written in their law, "They hated Me without a cause."

Upvote 0

MeekOne

Meek is not weak
Oct 8, 2004
Orlando, Florida
Visit site
✟60,914.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
And the apostles and elders came together for to consider of this matter. And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe. And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us; And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith. Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear? But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

Upvote 0

newbeliever02072005

Have Courage to Trust God
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2005
WV
✟52,180.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Proverbs 1:1-33

[sup]1[/sup]The Proverbs of Solomon the son of David, king of Israel: [sup]2[/sup] To know wisdom and instruction; to perceive the words of understanding; [sup]3[/sup]To receive the instruction of wisdom, justice, and judgment, and equity; [sup]4[/sup] To give subtilty to the simple, to the young man knowledge and discretion. [sup]5[/sup] A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels: [sup]6[/sup] To understand a proverb, and the interpretation; the words of the wise, and their dark sayings. [sup]7[/sup] The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise widsom and instruction. [sup]8[/sup] My son, hear the instruction of thy father, and forsake not the law of thy mother: [sup]9[/sup] For they shall be an ornament of grace unto thy head, and chains about thy neck. [sup]10[/sup] My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not. [sup]11[/sup] If they say, Come with us, let us lay wait for blood, let us lurk privily for the innocent without cause: [sup]12[/sup] Let us swallow them up alive as the grave; and whole, as those that go down into the pit: [sup]13[/sup] We shall find all precious substance, we shall fill our houses with spoil: [sup]14[/sup] Cast in thy lot among us; let us all have one purse: [sup]15[/sup] My son, walk not thou in the way with them; refrain thy foot from their path: [sup]16[/sup] For their feet run to evil, and make haste to shed blood. [sup]17[/sup] Surely in vain the net is spread in the sight of any bird. [sup]18[/sup] And they lay wait for their own blood; they lurk privily for their own lives. [sup]19[/sup] So are the ways of every one that is greedy of gain; which taketh away the life of the owners thereof. [sup]20[/sup] Wisdom crieth without; she uttereth her voice in the streets: [sup]21[/sup] She crieth in the chief place of concourse, in the openings of the gates: in the city she uttereth her words, saying, [sup]22[/sup] How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge? [sup] 23[/sup] Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you. [sup]24[/sup] Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded; [sup]25[/sup] But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof: [sup]26[/sup] I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh; [sup]27[/sup] When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you. [sup]28[/sup] Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me: [sup]29[/sup] For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the Lord; [sup]30[/sup] They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof. [sup]31[/sup] Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices. [sup]32[/sup] For the turning away of the simple shall slay them, and the prosperity of fools shall destroy them. [sup]33[/sup] But whoso herkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MoonlightParade

Mar 3, 2005
✟1,883.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
hey, i have been gone for a while, but i hope to be on here more often, now that i am back in school... i have dialup at my house, which going around the site veryyyy hard.

Psalms 63:1 Oh GOD, You are my God, earnestly will I seek You; my inner self thirsts for You, my flesh longs and is faint for You, in a dry and weary land where no water is

Reactions: MeekOne
Upvote 0

fieldlily

God heals and restores!
Mar 7, 2005
USA
✟26,824.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The soldiers planned to kill the prisoners to prevent any of them from swimming away and escaping. But the centurion wanted to spare Paul's life and kept them from carrying out their plan. He ordered those who could swim to jump overboard first and get to land. The rest were to get there on planks or on pieces of the ship. In this way everyone reached land in safety. [Acts 27:42-44] :amen:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MeekOne

Meek is not weak
Oct 8, 2004
Orlando, Florida
Visit site
✟60,914.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

Reactions: Greenthumb
Upvote 0

doc329

In His Service
Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
65-873385570.gif

Employees should be trustworthy.​
Proverbs 25:13 [niv]
Like the coolness of snow at harvest time is a trustworthy messenger to those who send him; he refreshes the spirit of his masters."

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.