✟15,787.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Hi Everybody
I have recently been given the oppurtunity to deliver a sermon with my friend in front of our school. It is not long, only 10 minutes. We want to discuss how god has is arms oppened to everyone, and how he can help with mental health, whether it just be fatigue or sadness, or something worse. I was hoping you guys would be able to point us in the right direction so we can find some good bible verses. We are both relatively young christians so any help we be much appreciated
Thanks
Matt

maintenance man

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2018
California
Visit site
✟485,492.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I was hoping you guys would be able to point us in the right direction so we can find some good bible verses.

This one comes to mind:

Philippians 4:6-7 (NIV)

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”

Upvote 0
Dec 6, 2018
Montpreveyres
✟15,787.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
This one comes to mind:

Philippians 4:6-7 (NIV)

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”

Thank you for your advice. God bless you

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi Everybody
I have recently been given the oppurtunity to deliver a sermon with my friend in front of our school. It is not long, only 10 minutes. We want to discuss how god has is arms oppened to everyone, and how he can help with mental health, whether it just be fatigue or sadness, or something worse. I was hoping you guys would be able to point us in the right direction so we can find some good bible verses. We are both relatively young christians so any help we be much appreciated
Thanks
Matt

Absolutely! Live in peace and faith.

Jeremiah 17:10
“I the Lord search the heart and test the mind, to give every man according to his ways, according to the fruit of his deeds.”

I read a story about a child born "deaf and dumb" as well as other health issues.
In his few short years of life, he smiled and pointed his finger up.

Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

Psalm 34:18
The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

Proverbs 21:2
Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, but the Lord weighs the heart.

Upvote 0

maintenance man

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2018
California
Visit site
✟485,492.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We want to discuss how god has is arms oppened to everyone,

Romans 10:12 (NIV)

“For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him.”

Romans 2:11 (NIV)

“For God does not show favoritism.”

Galatians 3:28 (NIV)

“There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.”

John 3:16 (NIV)

“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”

Upvote 0
Feb 19, 2013
✟65,227.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
-Matthew 11:28-30 (NIV)

"When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
-John 8:12 (NIV)

Upvote 0
Dec 6, 2018
Montpreveyres
✟15,787.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Absolutely! Live in peace and faith.

Jeremiah 17:10
“I the Lord search the heart and test the mind, to give every man according to his ways, according to the fruit of his deeds.”

I read a story about a child born "deaf and dumb" as well as other health issues.
In his few short years of life, he smiled and pointed his finger up.

Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

Psalm 34:18
The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

Proverbs 21:2
Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, but the Lord weighs the heart.

Thank you so much for the advice

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,352.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Isa 26:3-4 You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you. Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD GOD is an everlasting rock.

Neh 8:10 Then he said to them, “Go your way. Eat the fat and drink sweet wine and send portions to anyone who has nothing ready, for this day is holy to our Lord. And do not be grieved, for the joy of the LORD is your strength.”

Gal 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

Hope you go well with your sermon. The most important thing to remember with God and mental health is that as we continually enter God's presence we are given, His positive attributes, or the fruits of the Spirit listed above. We need to abide in His presence, to pray often to God.

John 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ColinJesusboy28

Nov 14, 2013
Aurora Co
✟19,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
HI Matthew, I think it's great that your school is supporting this! I think what most teens can relate to these days about the Holy Bible is that we aren't just facing mental illness but we are facing the evil one.
We battle illness yes, but we battle evil all day long. God Bless with your sermon/speech!

Upvote 0