mark 9:44,46
mark 11:26
mark 15:28

luke 17:36
luke 23:17

acts 8:37
acts 15:34
acts 28:29

I got that list from a different thread..apparently those are all verses that lots of translations don't have..yet the KJV does have. I'm not a KJV-only guy, just to get that straight! I was told they are omitted because older more accurate scrolls where found and they didn't have these verses...I was hoping my fellow CF brothers and sisters would come together and discuss this? that means the KJV-only folks as well ;) so I can see there side of it as well.

critical3

Jan 13, 2010
✟15,334.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
pulled this from another site...

Matthew 18:11
( KJV) For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.
(1611 KJV)
For the sonne of man is come to saue that which was lost.(1560 Geneva Bible) For the Sonne of man is come to saue that which was lost.(1526 Tyndale) Ye and the sonne of man is come to saue that which is lost.

Counterfeit Versions
(NIV) Omitted

(NASB) [" For the Son of Man has come to save that which was lost.]
(THE MESSAGE) Omitted
(ESV) Omitted
(1881 RV) Omitted
(AMP)
For the Son of man came to save [from the penalty of eternal death] that which was lost.(NLT) Omitted(CEV) Omitted(HCSB) [For the Son of Man has come to save the lost.] (NAB) Omitted (Roman Catholic Bible)
(NWT) Omitted (Jehovah’s Witness Bible)
Footnote in NASB >>> Early mss do not contain this verse
Footnote in Amp >>>
Many manuscripts do not contain this verse.

Textus Receptus
hlqen gar o uioV tou anqrwpou swsai to apolwloV

Hort Westcott Critical Text
Omitted​

Corrupted Manuscripts
Aleph 01 - Sinaiticus - Fourth century
B 03 - Vaticanus - Fourth century
L 019 - Eighth century​

Affected Teaching

This verse describes the mission of the Lord Jesus Christ. This verse also met its death in the second century. The Gnostics believed that knowledge was the key to immortality, so therefore they would have to delete this verse since it is by knowledge that someone can attain eternal life. This concept was well accepted into the 19th century by a man named Frederick Dennison Maurice who claimed that eternal life was having the knowledge of God. F.D. Maurice was the principle man that Satan used to inculcate Unitarianism, Communism, and Universalism into Christianity and with the insertion of these beliefs, a new Bible had to be produced whereby the ideas of these three systems could be implanted in the pages in a very subtle way. Hort was a student of F.D. Maurice. The new Bible had to be man centered in which the modern versions are.

This verse is missing in the Vaticanus and the Sinaiticus and “L” which is the Regius manuscript (c. 750 AD), so Hort and Westcott had regarded this verse as a “rejected reading.” After all, if man was going to save himself by his own abilities, then the mission of the Lord Jesus Christ was no longer needed. The problem is that Matthew 18:11 is surrounded by a great cloud of witnesses for its authenticity. It is confirmed by the Old Latin Vulgate (c. 90-150 AD), the entire Universal Eastern Church, The Peshitto, The Coptic, Armenian, Ethiopic, Georgian and Slavonic Versions, plus the entire line of manuscripts leading up to the King James Bible. It is also witnessed by Tertullian, Ambrose (4th century), and Augustine. Matthew 18:11 is in the majority of both cursive and uncial manuscripts which contain the book of Matthew or fragments thereof. To remove this verse, when it belongs there, is to remove the reason the Lord Jesus came to Earth. The reason for his death, burial, and resurrection was for the eternal salvation of His people as stated in Matthew 1:21. Bring this belief system up to day, the New Age System believes that a person can be promoted to the higher spiritual planes without any outside help and therefore the New Age system rejects the efficacious sacrifice of the Lord Jesus Christ as does the Unitarian. Matthew 18:11 belongs in the Bible and woe unto those who take it out and also woe unto the Christians who accept these deletions without questioning them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
what hort and westcott believed

scionofzion.com/haw.htm

The Characteristics of Vaticanus and Sinaiticus

scionofzion.com/vaticanus_sinaiticus.htm

regarding the NIV:

The modern versions cannot be quoted beyond a certain number of verses without express written permission by the publishers. The KJV is public domain and does not require permission. You can only copyright the words of man and not the word of God. This should be the biggest hint when we see a copyright of the text in front of a modern version.

The NIV is printed by Zondervan which is owned by Harper Collins in San Francisco. Harper Collins is owned by Rupert Murdoch who is a billionaire inappropriate contentographer. Whenever someone purchases an NIV, Rupert Murdoch gets $1. The church fights inappropriate contentography and on the other hands pours millions of dollars into the industry by purchasing the NIV en masse from the company of a inappropriate contentographer. God would never hand His Holy Word over to an unsaved inappropriate contentographer. Why then would the church accept it?

ive researched Rupert Murdoch and its very true as you do a background check on him.

Upvote 0

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟74,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Good Christian scholars have done a lot of work on the NT documents over the years. Much more material has come available than was there when the earliest versions were published.

It is a matter of consistency. If we want to accept the historical reliability of the NT scriptures we must the accept application of recognised historical criteria. That can mean that a few previously included verses will now be excluded. You will find if you read modern commentaries there will be references to where the KJV is now know to be wrong in its translations of some words.

Whether the KJV or modern translations no signifciant essential doctrine is involved.

John
NZ

Upvote 0

Tangible

Decision Theology = Ex Opere Operato
May 29, 2009
cruce tectum
Visit site
✟59,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Whether the KJV or modern translations no signifciant essential doctrine is involved.

That's the key. Despite the differences between the various translations, there are no doctrinally significant verses that are present in one and not the other.

Upvote 0

Jpark

Oct 11, 2008
✟13,882.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
matthew 17:21
matthew 18:11
matthew 23:14

mark 7:16

I got that list from a different thread..apparently those are all verses that lots of translations don't have..yet the KJV does have. I'm not a KJV-only guy, just to get that straight! I was told they are omitted because older more accurate scrolls where found and they didn't have these verses...I was hoping my fellow CF brothers and sisters would come together and discuss this? that means the KJV-only folks as well ;) so I can see there side of it as well.
Don't forget the NKJV. :thumbsup: The NKJV also retains the Scripture.

Upvote 0

Standing Up

On and on
Sep 3, 2008
Around about
✟66,235.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That's the key. Despite the differences between the various translations, there are no doctrinally significant verses that are present in one and not the other.

Except sometimes verses are translated differently, for example, between NASB/KJV and NIV/NLT, and they do effect doctrine.

Mk. 15:42
NIV: It was Preparation Day (that is, the day before the Sabbath). So as evening approached,

KJV: And now when the even was come, because it was the preparation, that is, the day before the sabbath,

All manuscripts have evening had come (past tense), however, the NIV and NLT translate evening will come, as future tense. So, KJV is saying that a Jewish day had changed (sunset had past) evening was come. The NIV aligns to man-made tradition. This is a doctrinal issue. Melito and Cyprian are witnesses to the correct translation (evening was come-past tense).

One thing to keep in mind when looking at this general issue is that the NIV/NLT are dynamic equivalent translations. They seek to retain the idea, not the precise verbiage as does KJV and NASB. It's a slippery slope we stand upon.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

chingchang

Jul 17, 2008
New Braunfels, Texas
✟10,259.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
matthew 17:21
matthew 18:11
matthew 23:14

mark 7:16

The KJV is EVIL!!!!!!! ^_^ Seriously...what we are talking about here is a field of study called "Biblical Textual Criticism". I am not an expert...but I have a strong interest in this arena. I strongly recommend a book by a once conservative evangelical Christian and now Agnostic...author and scholar Bert Ehrman...called "Misquoting Jesus". The title is misleading...but the book is basically a 101 on Biblical Textual Criticism. Interesting stuff...and potentially life-changing. In the book he takes on the very topic brought up by the OP.

Good-on-ya!
cc

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by LittleLambofJesus There is also a RNKJV which this site uses
smile.gif

Strong's Concordance with Hebrew and Greek Lexicon

Concordance - RNKJV Scriptures:
Fascinating! :idea:

Is it like NASB?
I did a google search on it and it seems to be the "Restored NKJV". Never really looked it up until now ehehe...

[The NASB uses a different greek text........]

CSeNews.com - Bible Translations

Bible Translations Online and Bible Translations - Searchable Sites .... Restored Name King James Version (RNKJV) [SacredBible.com with Strong's Dictionary] ... Revised Standard Version (RSV) [Studylight.org] [Blue Letter Bible] ...

Revised King James NT 2000 (RKJV-NT)TOC

Copyright owner Richard Lattier, at yashua.net

MoreiYah.com » RNKJV Bible

Upvote 0

catzrfluffy

i come bearing .gifs
Sep 4, 2009
palisades park
✟22,445.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I've heard this before, but the NIV I have contains all those verses, and they're in the text, not the footnotes (they have little 'L's around them though, sort of like ˛these¸ but squarer.) It's the most common NIV (at least I assume) - the little red one The Gideons International hand out at schools and leave in hotel rooms.
Maybe it's other versions that don't contain them.

Upvote 0

chingchang

Jul 17, 2008
New Braunfels, Texas
✟10,259.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I've heard this before, but the NIV I have contains all those verses, and they're in the text, not the footnotes (they have little 'L's around them though, sort of like ˛these¸ but squarer.) It's the most common NIV (at least I assume) - the little red one The Gideons International hand out at schools and leave in hotel rooms.
Maybe it's other versions that don't contain them.

NIV vs. KJV = different source documents. Do a little research...you'll mind will explode! ;)

CC

Upvote 0