Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Patriarchists habitually find sins committed by Adam or Eve prior to the eating of the forbidden fruit that brought on the fall. The text makes no such claim, and that stand sin contradiction to centuries of theological understanding:
Neither did I. I referenced what God said Adam was punished for. Listening to the voice of is said of those those who have authority. The serpent does have authority. The text runs deeper than you admit.

Adam was faulted for listening to his wife, not because listening to his wife was bad, but because she was encouraging him to disobey God.
If 5hat were true then that part was a waste of words and wouldn't have been mentioned. That he heard Eve's voice is obvious.

don't understand what you're saying there. Motherhood was empowered by a punishment for sin? I can't find that in the text.
Motherhood- empowered through pain. Patriarchy empowered by a yearning for the patriarch. These two things are natural and primary structures of the family as God intended. God's punishments contribute to healing and returning to the proper order.

Upvote 0

Gregorikos

Ordinary Mystic
Dec 31, 2019
Louisville, Kentucky
Visit site
✟113,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Neither did I. I referenced what God said Adam was punished for. Listening to the voice of is said of those those who have authority. The serpent does have authority. The text runs deeper than you admit.

Taking it out of context you can appear to be right, but in context you're not. Adam only had one commandment he needed to obey:

And the LORD God commanded the man, “You may freely eat of every tree of the garden; but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall die.” Genesis 2:16-17 (NRSV)

That's it. That's the sin. But when Adam "listened to Eve's voice" that day, what was the voice telling him? It was telling him to break the only commandment Adam had been given. Thus listening to his helper, while normally a good thing, turned into a bad thing only because the helper was giving advice that contradicted God's clear commandment.

If 5hat were true then that part was a waste of words and wouldn't have been mentioned. That he heard Eve's voice is obvious.

The Bible uses a variety of linguistic devices to make its points. Some of them aren't very efficient at all.

Motherhood- empowered through pain. Patriarchy empowered by a yearning for the patriarch. These two things are natural and primary structures of the family as God intended. God's punishments contribute to healing and returning to the proper order.

Do you have a text that shows that patriarchy began before the fall?

Upvote 0

Eloy Craft

Myth only points, Truth happened!
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's it. That's the sin. But when Adam "listened to Eve's voice" that day, what was the voice telling him? It was telling him to break the only commandment Adam had been given. Thus listening to his helper, while normally a good thing, turned into a bad thing only because the helper was giving advice that contradicted God's clear commandment.
It being a bad thing would be a given. if it didn't have a more important meaning there is no other reason to pass it down for millenia.
Taking it out of context you can appear to be right, but in context you're not. Adam only had one commandment he needed to obey:
Eve received it from Adam is the point. He received it before Eve was 'given' to him.

Upvote 0