Bible Study!!! (What is the soul and what is the spirit?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are the rules and the Bible Study question:

Q: What is the soul and what is the spirit?

1.) I will not put my $0.02 in!

2.) Give us a 3-5 Sentence Thesis (Weak statement needing support) that answers the question fully.

3.) Support your Thesis with a list of 5-10 Scriptures for others to read on their own.

4.) Give your Thesis a distinctive title.

5.) Please DO NOT discuss the Theses in this thread. If you wish to discuss someones Thesis, open a new Thread under the title of their Thesis.

Keep in mind, My intention for giving rules is so that people can browse SHORT substantive responses that they may pursue further and more in depth in another thread.

Peace of Jesus everyone,

Day

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Man is born into this world with a body and a soul. The body comes from the earth, the soul comes from God. At death, the body returns to the earth, the soul returns to God.

When we become born again, we become alive in our spirit. We then become body, soul and spirit.

1 Cor. 15:45
And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

Upvote 0

Andrew

Feb 25, 2002
✟13,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Well, for one, the soul and spirit are 2 different things, since the Bible says that the Word of God is sharper than a double edged sword, dividing asunder soul and spirit. That's why when you read the Word, it separates what is spiritual from what is soulish.

Soul -- mind, will, emotions.

spirit -- the real you, which has come alive as a new creation having the nature of God when you were born again. this part cannot sin.

God communicates with our spirit. eg the Holy Spirit in you bears witness with your spirit that you are God's child. that's how u know you are born again. u know it by your spirit, not so much by your head or emotions.

Upvote 0

debs

May 18, 2002
Visit site
✟403.00
Three parts to each:
Spirit functions : wisdom, communion, X (cantremember)
Soul functions: intellect, emotions, will
Body functions: structure, Reproduction, Self defence systems

Wisdom from Spirit controls intellect and body moves to carry out Gods will Gods way
Communion with Spirit controls emotions and Man reproduces in Gods will, Gods way
etc.. see how they line up vertically too., debs

Upvote 0
Okay, my thesis isn't backed up by any scripture, at the moment. But I heard it from a very wise man whom I trust. This is what he said (or thereabouts).

You soul is you, your mind, your thinking ability. It is with your soul that you reason, think, and other such things. Your spirit is the link between your soul and the Holy Spirit.

He said some other things but unfortunately I cannot remember them.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.