Bible Study: The Thousand Year reign of Jesus Christ --- and then some.

Instrument150

Aug 6, 2017
Pensacola
✟14,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
I don't know about you guys, but I am really looking forward to reigning with Christ - the Lord of lords and King of kings. This thousand year reign fills me with all kinds of imaginations. Particularly things like: The nature of our new bodies and our abilities, the nature of the work we will be doing for the Lord, and whether or not we can find any clues by rightly dividing the Word of God as to what dispensational values can be applied this time period. We don't disappear into some kind of glorious void... so let's find out what we do.
This is not a lesson, as I am studying this topic on my own for the first time, and thought that this would be a good way to both explore and share the study.
I'll start by finding out how many verses talk about this time period, and go to the first one on my list and see what happens:
Revelation 20:1-3King James Version (KJV)
20 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
Well, the first question that comes to mind for me here is: Who is this angel?
It would seem that this angel is not named in the Word. I imagine he does HAVE a name, but maybe if we knew it, that would be yet another potential path of idolatry. I also have to imagine that this angel holds a great deal of power, or perhaps he is so anointed in faith that the "sword of the Spirit" portion of his "armor of God" is mighty enough to deal with that old serpent. This begs the question, if angels who are on the right side have an inner dwelling Spirit of God or not. Let us research this.
Well, it appears we're going to have to spread this out a little. There doesn't seem to be a definite answer for anyone who is not willing to dig. SO I will first speculate a step at a time, and then search from there.
I know that the old testament sometimes refers to angels as sons of God. I know that Jesus was the Son of God, and I know that I am a son of God. I know that Jesus had the Holy Spirit of God, and I know that I have the Holy Spirit of God. Perhaps this is a good path. Let us study:
First mention of sons of God:
Genesis 6:1-4King James Version (KJV)
6 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,
2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
3 And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.
4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.
Uh-oh. I imagined that these "sons of God" were "angels" at first. But that doesn't seem to be the case at all. Angel is not a race. It is a function.
After much reading, I think I have found a path that would lead us to AT LEAST a Biblical Speculation.
1 Peter 1:10-12King James Version (KJV)
10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.
12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.
The Spirit speaks to me that prophets of the Old Testament had the inner dwelling Holy Spirit, even though it wasn't FREE FOR everyone yet. It was on their hearts to "search diligently" for a method of salvation SOMEWHERE! These people felt the need for it more than anyone else in their generations, I imagine. If that is true, that means that the Old Testament prophets were sons of God as well. Were they angels? Well, since angel is a function (messenger with a specific message from God) Then yes. What was their message? Christ. I think that this means that we just ONE MORE proof. This is the question that begs, "Did a celestial son of God ever preach the message of Christ?" It already says that angels seek this, and it already calls some "celestial peoples" angels....
Revelation 14:6-7King James Version (KJV)
6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.
You can bet that if we know that Jesus Christ is God, that celestial angels do as well.
I say yes, celestial beings DO have the inner dwelling Holy Spirit of God.
So!
I bet that an incredible amount of faith comes with seeing something with your very own eyes. This would allow me to speculate that the sons of God of the celestial variety, ALSO having been given free will, AND ALSO sometimes choosing purposefully to grieve the Holy Spirit through SIN....
And I think we have explained why celestial beings who sin do not receive a pardon. How could they? I mean that figuratively. As in how could they even bring themselves to do it? They see God Jesus Christ in His Glory with however many eyes they have to see, and however many ears they have to hear Him with and have witnessed many of the events that we only get to read about.
So, I imagine that this means that even though they have the inner dwelling of the Holy Spirit, when they grieve Him, they are NOT SEALED, so they lose Him.
What a sorrowful thing to imagine! All glory to the Most High Jesus Christ.
What else?
What's the bottomless pit exactly? Is it hell? I'm not sure.
Apparently, in greek the word means, "abyss", but it is translated in a few different ways.
Depths
Psalm 77:15-16King James Version (KJV)
15 Thou hast with thine arm redeemed thy people, the sons of Jacob and Joseph. Selah.
16 The waters saw thee, O God, the waters saw thee; they were afraid: the depths also were troubled.
Is this referring to the depths(abyss) as the waters? In the old testament, was hell in the ocean? I don't know.
Psalm 78:15King James Version (KJV)
15 He clave the rocks in the wilderness, and gave them drink as out of the great depths.
When did He give drink out of the abyss??
Exodus 17:6King James Version (KJV)
6 Behold, I will stand before thee there upon the rock in Horeb; and thou shalt smite the rock, and there shall come water out of it, that the people may drink. And Moses did so in the sight of the elders of Israel.
Perhaps the "Lake of Fire" is a portion of this watery dungeon set aflame for eternity. I don't know my friend. BUT Dr. Gene Kim was correct when he told me that THIS BOOK WILL BLOW YOUR MIND. Right now, my "flesh" wants to say that it's like dungeons and dragons COME TO LIFE! But, The Holy Spirit rebukes me to correct that statement in saying that dungeons and dragons is fake satanic heresy fantasy, and ALL THINGS LIKE THAT WILL BE BURNT UP IN THAT FIRE
ALL GLORY TO YESHUA JESUS CHRIST THE KING
Now.
I want to mention something else. Specifically for End Times prophets.
Jude 12-14King James Version (KJV)
12 These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;
13 Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.
14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,
This thing here is talking about you, baby. If you are reprobate, like I was, YOU BETTER GET RIGHT. And it ain't hard. Jesus died for your sins, and forgave you. He's coming back. Soooooooon. You want The Holy Spirit really really bad, trust me. Just say it.
My flesh grows weary.

messager777

Sep 19, 2017
south georgia
✟2,107.00
Country
South Georgia And The South Sandwich Islands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
ISAIAH.11:6 & 2:4 =
The Reign of Jesse’s Offspring
11 There shall come forth a Rod from the stem of Jesse,
And a Branch shall grow out of his roots.
2 The Spirit of the Lord shall rest upon Him,
The Spirit of wisdom and understanding,
The Spirit of counsel and might,
The Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord.

3 His delight is in the fear of the Lord,
And He shall not judge by the sight of His eyes,
Nor decide by the hearing of His ears;
4 But with righteousness He shall judge the poor,
And decide with equity for the meek of the earth;
He shall strike the earth with the rod of His mouth,
And with the breath of His lips He shall slay the wicked.
5 Righteousness shall be the belt of His loins,
And faithfulness the belt of His waist.

6 “The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb,
The leopard shall lie down with the young goat,
The calf and the young lion and the fatling together;
And a little child shall lead them.
7 The cow and the bear shall graze;
Their young ones shall lie down together;
And the lion shall eat straw like the ox.
8 The nursing child shall play by the cobra’s hole,
And the weaned child shall put his hand in the viper’s den.
9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all My holy mountain,
For the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord
As the waters cover the sea.
The Future House of God
2:1 The word that Isaiah the son of Amoz saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem.

2 Now it shall come to pass in the latter days
That the mountain of the Lord’s house
Shall be established on the top of the mountains,
And shall be exalted above the hills;
And all nations shall flow to it.
3 Many people shall come and say,
“Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord,
To the house of the God of Jacob;
He will teach us His ways,
And we shall walk in His paths.”
For out of Zion shall go forth the law,
And the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.
4 He shall judge between the nations,
And rebuke many people;
They shall beat their swords into plowshares,
And their spears into pruning hooks;
Nation shall not lift up sword against nation,
Neither shall they learn war anymore.
MICAH.4: =
The Lord’s Reign in Zion
1 Now it shall come to pass in the latter days
And peoples shall flow to it.
2 Many nations shall come and say,
For out of Zion the law shall go forth,
3 He shall judge between many peoples,
And rebuke strong nations afar off;
Neither shall they learn war anymore.a]">[a]

4 But everyone shall sit under his vine and under his fig tree,
And no one shall make them afraid;
For the mouth of the Lord of hosts has spoken.
5 For all people walk each in the name of his god,
But we will walk in the name of the Lord our God
Forever and ever.

• Informative
Reactions: Instrument150
Upvote 0

Instrument150

Aug 6, 2017
Pensacola
✟14,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
ISAIAH.11:6 & 2:4 =
The Reign of Jesse’s Offspring
11 There shall come forth a Rod from the stem of Jesse,
And a Branch shall grow out of his roots.
2 The Spirit of the Lord shall rest upon Him,
The Spirit of wisdom and understanding,
The Spirit of counsel and might,
The Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord.

3 His delight is in the fear of the Lord,
And He shall not judge by the sight of His eyes,
Nor decide by the hearing of His ears;
4 But with righteousness He shall judge the poor,
And decide with equity for the meek of the earth;
He shall strike the earth with the rod of His mouth,
And with the breath of His lips He shall slay the wicked.
5 Righteousness shall be the belt of His loins,
And faithfulness the belt of His waist.

6 “The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb,
The leopard shall lie down with the young goat,
The calf and the young lion and the fatling together;
And a little child shall lead them.
7 The cow and the bear shall graze;
Their young ones shall lie down together;
And the lion shall eat straw like the ox.
8 The nursing child shall play by the cobra’s hole,
And the weaned child shall put his hand in the viper’s den.
9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all My holy mountain,
For the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord
As the waters cover the sea.
The Future House of God
2:1 The word that Isaiah the son of Amoz saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem.

2 Now it shall come to pass in the latter days
And all nations shall flow to it.
3 Many people shall come and say,
For out of Zion shall go forth the law,
4 He shall judge between the nations,
And rebuke many people;
Neither shall they learn war anymore.
MICAH.4: =
The Lord’s Reign in Zion
1 Now it shall come to pass in the latter days
And peoples shall flow to it.
2 Many nations shall come and say,
For out of Zion the law shall go forth,
3 He shall judge between many peoples,
And rebuke strong nations afar off;
Neither shall they learn war anymore.a]">[a]

4 But everyone shall sit under his vine and under his fig tree,
And no one shall make them afraid;
For the mouth of the Lord of hosts has spoken.
5 For all people walk each in the name of his god,
But we will walk in the name of the Lord our God
Forever and ever.

These two verses are on my list for the study, but way down. Thanks for telling me where to go next

Upvote 0