✟1,728,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
But they were!
The great disappointment of 1844 is a prime example. And on 1000 AD, many thought the end had come.
They had scripture. They, just like you, thought they had it figured out.
This is an unfounded accusation, made because you can't disprove the truth of there having passed 5993 years since Adam.
Whether people like it or not, it will be THIS generation who will see it all and knowing what God has planned for His people, will be a big help as events unfold.
It’s not unfounded. You said it yourself. “Only now, can a few people finally see what God has planned for our future.”

You see yourself as one of those few. It’s beyond your comprehension that those few were the NT saints.

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,696.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
You see yourself as one of those few. It’s beyond your comprehension that those few were the NT saints.
Maybe I am. I have intensively studied all of the Prophetic Word and have written over 800 articles on what God has planned for our future.
It all makes a complete and coherent picture for me.

Daniel 12:4 & 10 prove you wrong; It will be the last days; the end times, when a few will understand the Prophesies.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Maybe I am. I have intensively studied all of the Prophetic Word and have written over 800 articles on what God has planned for our future.
It all makes a complete and coherent picture for me.

Daniel 12:4 & 19 prove you wrong; It will be the last days; the end times, when a few will understand the Prophesies.
Or it could be the last days of the old covenant. That’s what the NT writers thought.

I’ll go with them.

Reactions: Strong in Him
Upvote 0

Spiritual Jew

Amillennialist
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2020
MI
✟308,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Okay. It’s a fact, but okay.
LOL. That you would say that something which is clearly debatable is a fact says a lot about you. Goodness sakes.

Hammster said:
My answer stands.
You didn't answer this question: What is your understanding of the invitation going out to "the highways" in Matthew 22:1-14? If that isn't a reference to the Gentiles, then what do you believe it is referring to exactly?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
LOL. That you would say that something which is clearly debatable is a fact says a lot about you. Goodness sakes.
Please don’t make this personal.
You didn't answer this question: What is your understanding of the invitation going out to "the highways" in Matthew 22:1-14? If that isn't a reference to the Gentiles, then what do you believe it is referring to exactly?
It is. But that doesn’t change the fact that He was referencing the Jews. He’s contrasting the fact that many Jews were called and only a few being chosen, with the mass gathering of the Gentiles in comparison.

Upvote 0

Spiritual Jew

Amillennialist
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2020
MI
✟308,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Please don’t make this personal.
Sorry about that. It's not my intention to make things personal. I do find it to be utterly ridiculous to state that something is a fact when it clearly is an opinion and not a fact. But, I'll just leave it at that.

It is what? Referring to the Gentiles? If so, then they are included in the many that are called. But few are chosen. It seems that your beliefs don't line up with that.

But that doesn’t change the fact that He was referencing the Jews.
But, not just the Jews. That's the point. The many who are called include both Jews and Gentiles. And few are chosen. Relatively few, of course. It's still a multitude who are saved, so we have to keep it in perspective.

He’s contrasting the fact that many Jews were called and only a few being chosen, with the mass gathering of the Gentiles in comparison.
No, He was not. I believe you are using extreme bias in this interpretation. There is no basis for thinking that He was only talking about the Jews in Matthew 22:14 when He had just talked about both Jews and Gentiles being invited to the wedding banquet.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Sorry about that. It's not my intention to make things personal. I do find it to be utterly ridiculous to state that something is a fact when it clearly is an opinion and not a fact. But, I'll just leave it at that.

It is what? Referring to the Gentiles? If so, then they are included in the many that are called. But few are chosen. It seems that your beliefs don't line up with that.

But, not just the Jews. That's the point. The many who are called include both Jews and Gentiles. And few are chosen. Relatively few, of course. It's still a multitude who are saved, so we have to keep it in perspective.

No, He was not. I believe you are using extreme bias in this interpretation. There is no basis for thinking that He was only talking about the Jews in Matthew 22:14 when He had just talked about both Jews and Gentiles being invited to the wedding banquet.
Okay.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,696.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Jeremiah 33:1-3 The Word of the Lord came to Jeremiah while he was imprisoned. The Lord says: If you call to Me, I will answer and tell you of great and mysterious things that you are unaware of.

Jeremiah prophesied to the House of Judah, many years after the House of Israel was taken into exile by the Assyrians. He foretold how things would be after the Babylonian conquest of Judah, but this was not completely fulfilled then or after the Roman conquest of Judah in 70-135 AD.

Jeremiah 33:4-5 & 10 The houses of this city and the great buildings of Judah which are now destroyed by the sword of judgement, will be filled with dead bodies. They are those slain by the Lord Himself, because He has turned away from them. The Lord says: See this Land, now in ruins and devoid of people and animals.

Again; not fulfilled as yet. Jeremiah 9:10-11, Isaiah 4:3-6, Zephaniah 1:1-18

Ezekiel 21:14...swing the great sword of slaughter three times, whirling about Judah.

As Ezekiel says: there will be a triple fulfilment of the punishment of Judah. Two of these have happened, by Babylon and Rome but the next is ‘by the Lord Himself’, by the means of a Coronal Mass Ejection, an explosion on the suns surface. Isaiah 30:26 This event is prophesied and graphically described over 100 times in the Bible, as ‘the terrible Day of the Lord’s vengeance and wrath’. The entire Middle East will become ‘ruined and devoid of people and animals’. This was not the case with the two previous punishments. Ezekiel 6:14, Hosea 4:3, Zechariah 3:10

But for now, as we await this sudden and terrifying Day that the Lord will take action, we must:

Isaiah 35:3-4 Brace the arms that are limp, steady the knees that give way, say to the anxious: Be strong, fear not. Your God comes to save you, with His vengeance and retribution. Jeremiah 30:4-11, Zephaniah 3:16-20, Hebrews 10:37-39

Isaiah 35:5 THEN the eyes of the blind will be opened and the ears of the deaf unstopped. Isaiah 29:24 The confused will gain understanding and the obstinate will accept instruction. Isaiah 6:9-10

The truth about this coming event is not generally known among believers. The reason is due to beliefs in false theories, Isaiah 29:9-12, or a lack of interest in prophecy. They remain ‘in the dark’ about what will happen. 2 Thess. 5:1-11

Only during or after it happens, will understanding be given to all those who have been unable to comprehend the Prophetic Word. They will say: It was there; in plain language, but I couldn’t see it!

Soon after that, many prophesies say how the holy Land will be regenerated;

Jeremiah 33:6-9 In this Land, will be heard once more the sounds of joy and gladness, of weddings and celebrations. People will shout: Praise the Lord, for He is good, His love endures forever’, as they offer thanksgiving in the House of the Lord. By the Word of the Lord: In this place and in all its towns, now ruined and cleared of all peoples and animals, flocks and herds will once more graze. My people will receive all the blessings that I have promised to them. Ezekiel 36:8-12, Amos 9:13-15

Isaiah 35:10 The Lord’s people, set free, will come back and enter Zion with shouts of triumph, with great joy and singing praises to their God. Suffering and sorrow will flee away. Zechariah 9:16-17, Romans 9:24-26

Great are the promises the Lord has made to His faithful Christian people. We will indeed ‘sing praises to the Lord’, when we are settled into our inheritance, all of the holy Land.

The House of the Lord: The new Temple will be built in Jerusalem. Haggai 2:6-9

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
The House of the Lord: The new Temple will be built in Jerusalem. Haggai 2:6-9
For thus says the Lord of hosts, ‘Once more in a little while, I am going to shake the heavens and the earth, the sea also and the dry land. I will shake all the nations; and they will come with the wealth of all nations, and I will fill this house with glory,’ says the Lord of hosts. ‘The silver is Mine and the gold is Mine,’ declares the Lord of hosts. ‘The latter glory of this house will be greater than the former,’ says the Lord of hosts, ‘and in this place I will give peace,’ declares the Lord of hosts.”
— Haggai 2:6-9

Yeah, that already happened. You might want to check a history book.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,696.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
For thus says the Lord of hosts, ‘Once more in a little while, I am going to shake the heavens and the earth, the sea also and the dry land. I will shake all the nations; and they will come with the wealth of all nations, and I will fill this house with glory,’ says the Lord of hosts. ‘The silver is Mine and the gold is Mine,’ declares the Lord of hosts. ‘The latter glory of this house will be greater than the former,’ says the Lord of hosts, ‘and in this place I will give peace,’ declares the Lord of hosts.”
— Haggai 2:6-9

Yeah, that already happened. You might want to check a history book.
Nowhere has such a thing happened in the many history books I have read.
Hebrews 12:26.....once again I will shake the earth and the heavens also.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Nowhere has such a thing happened in the many history books I have read.
Hebrews 12:26.....once again I will shake the earth and the heavens also.
Have you not read about 70AD in a little area called Jerusalem?

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,696.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Have you not read about 70AD in a little area called Jerusalem?
I have two translations of the works of Josephus.
What he describes of the events around 70 AD, does not relate to what is Prophesied for the end times, leading up to the glorious Return of Jesus.

Preterist beliefs just leave people in the dark about what is soon to happen.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I have two translations of the works of Josephus.
What he describes of the events around 70 AD, does not relate to what is Prophesied for the end times, leading up to the glorious Return of Jesus.

Preterist beliefs just leave people in the dark about what is soon to happen.
Actually it does. And there is no “soon”. Your so-called predictions aren’t new. There have been a thousand predictions of the near end-of-time in the last 2000 years. Yours isn’t special.

No, it’s better to just trust how Paul said it would go down in 1 Corinthians 15. It lines up with Christ’s teaching of the Kingdom, which lines up with the OT and first century Jerusalem.

• Optimistic
Reactions: keras
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,696.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Paul said:

2 Thessalonians 2:1-12 Now about the Return of our Lord Jesus Christ, when He is to gather us to Himself: I beg you, my friends, do not suddenly allow yourselves to be fooled by wrong teaching, or become alarmed by any so called prophetic utterance, alleging that the great Day of His Return has already come.

Let no one deceive you in any way, for that Day cannot come before the final rebellion against God, when evil will be revealed in human form by the man doomed to destruction. He is the adversary who promotes himself above every so-called god or object of worship and even enthrones himself in God’s Temple, claiming to be God. But the restraining power of the Holy Spirit ensures that he will be revealed only at the appointed time, because already the secret forces of wickedness are at work, secret only for now until the restraining Hand is removed. Then he will be exposed, the great deceiver of the ages, the one who the Lord Jesus will destroy with the breath of His mouth and annihilate by the radiance of His presence.

This appearance of the wicked one is the work of Satan, it will be attended by all the powerful signs and miracles that falsehood can devise, all the deception that sinfulness can impose onto those doomed to destruction. All those people who refused to open their minds to the truth and so find salvation. Because they did not love truth or seek salvation, God has put them under a compelling delusion, which makes them believe what is false. Therefore, all who refuse to believe the truth, but have made sinfulness their choice will be brought to judgement.
Ref: REB. Some verses abridged.

The Return of Jesus’, The Return in glory, to commence His Millennium reign. Matthew 24:30, Revelation 19:11

That Day cannot come…’ The Return will not come until all the happenings prophesied to occur before that Day are fulfilled. Such as the Seal, Trumpet and Bowl punishments of Revelation, commencing in our time with the next event of a terrible fire judgement; the Sixth Seal. Isaiah 66:15-16, Zephaniah 3:8

The Adversary’, - That is: Satan, he empowers the Anti-Christ, who will be the leader of the forthcoming One World Government. He makes a peace treaty with New Israel, [Beulah – Isaiah 62:1-5] as those who gather in the holy Land will not be part of that worldwide government. Daniel 9:27

God’s Temple’, The Third Temple, to be built by the new inhabitants of Jerusalem. Zechariah 6:15 It will be ‘a Temple of greater splendour than Solomon’s’. Haggai 2:9, Ezekiel 43:4

‘a compelling delusion’, Rom. 11:8. ‘Eyes that look, but cannot see – ears that hear, but cannot listen’, Deuteronomy 29:4, Matt. 13:14 This applies to those who ‘confuse themselves’, Isaiah 29:9-10, ‘you will stay confused’. That is: by believing false teachings, such as the pre tribulation rapture and Amill. Jeremiah 29:8-9, Zechariah 13:2

Brought to Judgement’, There are three judgements: Next: the judgement/ punishment of the nations. Then: at the Return, the destruction of Anti-Christ’s army and the separation of the ‘sheep and the goats’. After 1000 years comes the final Judgement of all peoples at the Great White Throne. Rev. 20:11-14

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,696.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I’ll just stop you right there. This is the millennial reign. See Matthew. And Matthew 28:18.
Sure: Jesus has been given all authority. But He hasn't taken it up yet, as many scriptures say: He waits for His enemies to be made His footstool. That is: His enemies, who are everywhere today, are finally disposed of. Many will be killed in the 7 Seals, 7 Trumpets and & 7 Bowls, culminating with the Battle of Armageddon. THEN He will Return and fulfil His role as King of Kings and Lord of Lords, for His thousand year reward. Psalms 2:8

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Sure: Jesus has been given all authority. But He hasn't taken it up yet, as many scriptures say: He waits for His enemies to be made His footstool. That is: His enemies, who are everywhere today, are finally disposed of. Many will be killed in the 7 Seals, 7 Trumpets and & 7 Bowls, culminating with the Battle of Armageddon. THEN He will Return and fulfil His role as King of Kings and Lord of Lords, for His thousand year reward. Psalms 2:8
No, He’s actively defeating His enemies by sending us out into the world. This is His kingdom. The nations have been given to Him. That’s why we can go out into them, because He has all authority over them.

Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,696.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
No, He’s actively defeating His enemies by sending us out into the world. This is His kingdom. The nations have been given to Him. That’s why we can go out into them, because He has all authority over them.
You need to inform Jesus that most Muslim nations won't allow Christians to evangelize. Seems Jesus' authority is somewhat limited.

Upvote 0